Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

Not going to name names but a few lads playing today wouldnt start for the top 3/4 club teams in the county.

Sportacus

The days of shocks and upsets are long gone.  Teams are too well set up.  Armagh are so far down the road compared to this Antrim team.  They set the trap defensively time and again, and we gave it away and they transitioned quickly.  Only they left their shooting boots behind it would've been a complete disaster, although we left ours behind too.

Plenty for McEntee to have a think about and reshuffle.  Can't argue with the case that some of the team are nowhere near this level. I just hope the squad sticks together and gives the Tailteann Cup their best effort.  But it's up to the manager to show his mettle now and not settle for mediocrity.

And is it too much to ask for a wee bit of passion from some of the players.  A bit of divil.  We just don't have that championship mindset, take a yellow, black, whatever it takes to get in the face of the opposition.  Cavan will tear into Armagh.  We've completely lost that.

JimStynes

Boys on here had themselves convinced there was going to be an upset ffs. Armagh missing a few of their best players and didn't get out of second gear.

Kidder81

Quote from: JimStynes on April 08, 2023, 08:17:02 PM
Boys on here had themselves convinced there was going to be an upset ffs. Armagh missing a few of their best players and didn't get out of second gear.

There was a passage of play in first half, Armagh player carrying the ball past the midfield line into Antrim territory, Antrim player within 5-7 yds of him, didn't even make a move to press or tackle him. Is anyone gonna tell me that has anything to do with Div 3 football ? You would be giving out to U-14s for that level of effort.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 08, 2023, 08:29:54 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 08, 2023, 08:17:02 PM

There was a passage of play in first half, Armagh player carrying the ball past the midfield line into Antrim territory, Antrim player within 5-7 yds of him, didn't even make a move to press or tackle him. Is anyone gonna tell me that has anything to do with Div 3 football ? You would be giving out to U-14s for that level of effort.

Yep - pretty sure I know the exact passage you are talking about. The Armagh player waltzed pass, probably amazed at how easy it was.

BrendanAntrim

There was more effort, work, aggression in the Cavan league match.

ck

Horrible performance. Woeful. Armagh barely broke sweat.
I hate saying this but there are one or two players picked on that team and only McEntee knows how they've been selected.
It's clear now that no progress has been made in the last year but I hope they stick together, learn from this and give the Tailteann Cup a genuine push.

realisticsaff

Woeful performance after an abysmal league campaign. Worst manager we've had since Dawson and one of the worst Antrim panels I've seen. 1 win over an already promoted unmotivated Cavan side to scrap survival, some of use clowns on this message board need to stop with toxic positivey because it would put your head away.

Points a Good Score

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 08, 2023, 08:49:48 PM
Woeful performance after an abysmal league campaign. Worst manager we've had since Dawson and one of the worst Antrim panels I've seen. 1 win over an already promoted unmotivated Cavan side to scrap survival, some of use clowns on this message board need to stop with toxic positivey because it would put your head away.

Hard to be positive after tonight but at least make an effort to be constructive, also most of the clowns you refer to on here are having an impact on their clubs or within the county. Not just spouting bile and boasting about it boosting their bank balance.

realisticsaff

Quote from: Points a Good Score on April 08, 2023, 09:29:30 PM

Hard to be positive after tonight but at least make an effort to be constructive, also most of the clowns you refer to on here are having an impact on their clubs or within the county. Not just spouting bile and boasting about it boosting their bank balance.

Funny who you quoted my message and not the guy above wonder why?

Milltown Row2

You'd have been about 8 when Dawson was onboard  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2023, 10:15:22 PM

Nope. More like 18... let me guess you Tumelty and Matthews getting the big gigs tomorrow?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 08, 2023, 10:19:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2023, 10:15:22 PM

Nope. More like 18... let me guess you Tumelty and Matthews getting the big gigs tomorrow?

So you're actually an adult?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 07, 2023, 10:54:30 PM
Quote from: shawshank on April 07, 2023, 12:43:45 PM
First thing that struck me was not a Cargin player is starting. A team who has taken 6 of the last 8 championships and put Glen to the pin of their collar a few months ago.

The 2nd thing that struck me was,  Casements have no starters either for a team who have been a top 4 team the past two seasons, none on the bench either.
Cargin boys rarely commit to Antrim

When they aren't presented with division 1 trophies by the county and have fans who are in wheelchairs that are denied access to county finals I'd hardly blame them for not committing

Saffsof82

Are you going right pretend you're a Cargin fan now?