Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caesar

Quote from: 123Bigball on March 19, 2023, 10:27:28 PM
Big statement surely. Another red for big Niall.  Be hard to defend that tackle though. On a rugby field you would probably be citied and get 6 games to go with it. Aidan MC aleese quality player for Pg1. Were Pg1 missing many men banside

Feel I should defend the player on this occasion. As a neutral at the game McKeevers tackle certainly was not the worst tackle of the game, with McKeever himself on the receiving end of a few bad ones. Creggan were obviously told to up the physicality at HT which led to a championship feel in the second half with both teams playing on the edge.

On another note, wishing a speedy recovery to Conor Small who appears to have another problem with his knee. No luck at all

country bumpkin

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 20, 2023, 09:41:12 AM
Creggan missing a few too many at the min but take nothing away from PG1 they look impressive and they  are a very well balanced side. Cargin getting beat was surprising considering the amount of men lamh dearg have missing. Moneyglass had another good win. St.Brigids look to be in bother.

Am sure Cargin are really annoyed at losing up at Hannahstown......in search of another league title and with a full squad involved they should have beaten the Lamhs....

Disaster.....

Lár na páirce 1

Creggan missing a few too many at the min but take nothing away from PG1 they look impressive and they  are a very well balanced side. Cargin getting beat was surprising considering the amount of men lamh dearg have missing. Moneyglass had another good win. St.Brigids look to be in bother.

Take a look at both sides and tell me who was missing most Declan Lynch played full game even though he played for county on Saturday they celebrated like they'd won a championship game but not many won in march with depleted teams.everyone knows the Lamhs can't beat Cargin when it really matters 😎

NatSoSaff

Steady on, I wasn't having a go at Cargin, in fact I was more surprised their quality even in reserve didn't get them the win over LD. Didn't think lynch would have played but that's obviously a big boost for them. And yes I'm pretty sure Cargin aren't losing sleep about losing early round league games. Creggan will be the same.

bannside

John McKeever won't miss too much sleep either if Casements lose a league game or two either. His focus is solely on building a panel and squad rotation. Late start back at it this year (despite what others believe) and for the record our team yesterday was minus 7 players that started on our last championship game.

Nobody getting too excited about what happens in March!

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC13 on March 20, 2023, 10:04:38 AM

Take a look at both sides and tell me who was missing most Declan Lynch played full game even though he played for county on Saturday they celebrated like they'd won a championship game but not many won in march with depleted teams.everyone knows the Lamhs can't beat Cargin when it really matters 😎
Cargin had 9 lads MIA on Sunday all on county u20 squad......

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 21, 2023, 09:01:09 AM
Quote from: EOC13 on March 20, 2023, 10:04:38 AM

Cargin had 9 lads MIA on Sunday all on county u20 squad......

In my count also Mick McCann Tomas McCann Justin crozier KOBO Jinny McShane Big Pat Jamie Gribbin Conhuir Johnston Kieran close ,plenty to come back yet 😊😎

ck

A good start to the Div.1 leagues with fairly tight games and unpredictable results.
PG1 started well as they do every year, will they run out of road again though. Creggan and Cargin stuttering with players to come back. Ahoghil and Moneyglass going well and should stay up based on early evidence so far. Hearing good things from Aghagallon with young players coming in and stepping up. LD havent been great but were late out training I hear so will improve and I think they'll be dark horses come championship. St.Brigids seem to be in a mess after 3 hammerings, what's going on there?, maybe should focus on their young lads instead of transfers from Lavey?. Rossa, Galls and Jonnies have been indifferent so far but will improve, I think you'll see St.Galls make strides this year and will surprise a lot of people, again they have nurtured some good young players who should start to come through.

Div.2 has the usual suspects starting well. Ballymena and Glenravel will be hard to stop this year. I'd have expected Ardoyne and St.Pauls to have started better. St.Pauls should get stronger in the next 2 or 3 years with great underage work. I think Gorts will be hard to stop also in Div.2.

ck

Congrats to Antrim on Saturday on a great win over Cavan. Cavan had nothing to play for but still a good result and from what I saw a fairly decent performance. Despite a few horrible losses it feels like Antrim are on the right track.

paddyjohn

Quote from: ck on March 21, 2023, 11:10:32 AM
A good start to the Div.1 leagues with fairly tight games and unpredictable results.
PG1 started well as they do every year, will they run out of road again though. Creggan and Cargin stuttering with players to come back. Ahoghil and Moneyglass going well and should stay up based on early evidence so far. Hearing good things from Aghagallon with young players coming in and stepping up. LD havent been great but were late out training I hear so will improve and I think they'll be dark horses come championship. St.Brigids seem to be in a mess after 3 hammerings, what's going on there?, maybe should focus on their young lads instead of transfers from Lavey?. Rossa, Galls and Jonnies have been indifferent so far but will improve, I think you'll see St.Galls make strides this year and will surprise a lot of people, again they have nurtured some good young players who should start to come through.

Div.2 has the usual suspects starting well. Ballymena and Glenravel will be hard to stop this year. I'd have expected Ardoyne and St.Pauls to have started better. St.Pauls should get stronger in the next 2 or 3 years with great underage work. I think Gorts will be hard to stop also in Div.2.

And going by the Saffron Gael report, Glenravel missing 4/5 from the county final team of last year.

ck

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 21, 2023, 11:27:17 AM
Quote from: ck on March 21, 2023, 11:10:32 AM

And going by the Saffron Gael report, Glenravel missing 4/5 from the county final team of last year.

Yes indeed. They are another club who are nurturing young talent. Great to see.

NorthAntrim

Id have glenravel favs to go up at the minute. With gorts 2nd

bannside

Was wondering how the heck LD could beat Cargin on their showing against us. In fairness to Cargin that's quite a MIA list. Not many clubs could withstand that amount of players unavailable. No doubt you'll have every one back when you play us lol.

Don't know about other clubs but we are badly hit this year with weddings and stag weekends. One fella has 13 lined up he can't get out of!

Would ye whist

Was wondering how the heck LD could beat Cargin on their showing against us.

There is a new order in Antrim Club football, PG1 are top dogs

Lár na páirce 1

Top dogs until they hit that mental block against the Moira men 😎😎