Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on March 06, 2023, 06:27:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 06:05:53 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 06, 2023, 04:54:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 04:27:22 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 06, 2023, 03:44:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 02:53:51 PM
So if the rift isn't fixable. Should they just stop playing for a club and lose out on County?

Absolutly not. But as long as long as every possibility to resolve the matter has taken place. Its all too easy now to print a form and sign it. This seems to have been going on a long time now so possibly best to move on

Its the transfers without a fall out or a location move that get me and need to be taken out of our game

That's my point, if it's not fixable and all avenues have been used to resolve it then that's that. There's not too many clubs that haven't used this to their advantage btw
If all avenues were exhausted then the final decision still rests with St Brigid's.  If I was on their committee I'd be voting for "thanks but no thanks".

If it was some lad who had moved up from Limerick and was marrying a local then sign him up.  But the Lavey thing is just an ugly club row which can't be sorted due to the stubbornness of the people involved. Their stubbornness won them an All Ireland but now the same traits are  working against them.

Stick with the lads who've been with you all the way up.

So you're in favour of they stop playing altogether with a club and county?
Lavey haven't disbanded, they've fallen out among themselves.  That's their problem to sort, not St Brigid's.  If I was on St Brigid's committee I'd be in favour of saying no thanks.  Simple as that.

I believe they have tried to mediate this rift but the outcome is they won't play for Lavey. So whether the club hasn't disbanded they won't play for them.

I've had some experience of this many years ago and remember well sitting in the homes of both players trying to sort out a rift that eventually after all our efforts,  left, one losing out on our great run of success, but felt there was no way of playing.

So you're still saying don't play at all? Very black and white.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smort

Is anybody able to say what the rift is about?

BigBallWeeBall

This is a very sad situation and how a club like Lavey can let this happen does not sit with me. When you think of Lavey you think of Henry and Seamus Downey and the McGurks in the famous red and black from 91 when they won the All-Ireland like Down. Its not right.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I had heard from a Lavey member that there was no-way they were going to let it happen but it sounds like it might be? No matter what the row was about, your club is bigger than your pride/ego. Club should always win. Running away to another club is no answer.

Not sure if it'll help St.Brigids in the longer term either. Fit them better to focus on bringing their younger players through.

ask St Endas girls, they felt that no other option was available

[/quote]

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 07:04:22 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 06, 2023, 06:27:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 06:05:53 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 06, 2023, 04:54:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 04:27:22 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 06, 2023, 03:44:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2023, 02:53:51 PM
So if the rift isn't fixable. Should they just stop playing for a club and lose out on County?

Absolutly not. But as long as long as every possibility to resolve the matter has taken place. Its all too easy now to print a form and sign it. This seems to have been going on a long time now so possibly best to move on

Its the transfers without a fall out or a location move that get me and need to be taken out of our game

That's my point, if it's not fixable and all avenues have been used to resolve it then that's that. There's not too many clubs that haven't used this to their advantage btw
If all avenues were exhausted then the final decision still rests with St Brigid's.  If I was on their committee I'd be voting for "thanks but no thanks".

If it was some lad who had moved up from Limerick and was marrying a local then sign him up.  But the Lavey thing is just an ugly club row which can't be sorted due to the stubbornness of the people involved. Their stubbornness won them an All Ireland but now the same traits are  working against them.

Stick with the lads who've been with you all the way up.

So you're in favour of they stop playing altogether with a club and county?
Lavey haven't disbanded, they've fallen out among themselves.  That's their problem to sort, not St Brigid's.  If I was on St Brigid's committee I'd be in favour of saying no thanks.  Simple as that.

I believe they have tried to mediate this rift but the outcome is they won't play for Lavey. So whether the club hasn't disbanded they won't play for them.

I've had some experience of this many years ago and remember well sitting in the homes of both players trying to sort out a rift that eventually after all our efforts,  left, one losing out on our great run of success, but felt there was no way of playing.

So you're still saying don't play at all? Very black and white.
It's a very tough situation no doubt about it.  I'm just saying what I would do. On balance I'd rather not see St Brigid's players sitting in a dug out with their places taken by players from another club who've had a fall out. 

delgany

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 06, 2023, 03:31:39 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 06, 2023, 02:49:37 PM
Regardless of being successful at underage level. There will be boys that have been coached from young kids to adult level miss out because of a fall out from another club. Our games unfortunatly following the soccer route with growing transfer lists every year. Fall outs / lack of game time / smaller clubs losing better players to the bigger clubs. Sad to see

'Growing transfer lists every year'? Any evidence of this? Not trying to be an arse here by the way. I just think the handful of transfers in the public eye are being sensationalised into a growing issue

There was approximately 125 internal transfers in Antrim this year, as compared to 80 in 2022!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: delgany on March 06, 2023, 08:02:40 PM
Regardless of being successful at underage level. There will be boys that have been coached from young kids to adult level miss out because of a fall out from another club. Our games unfortunatly following the soccer route with growing transfer lists every year. Fall outs / lack of game time / smaller clubs losing better players to the bigger clubs. Sad to see

'Growing transfer lists every year'? Any evidence of this? Not trying to be an arse here by the way. I just think the handful of transfers in the public eye are being sensationalised into a growing issue

There was approximately 125 internal transfers in Antrim this year, as compared to 80 in 2022!

Holy shit that's a lot !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

Quote from: delgany on March 06, 2023, 08:02:40 PM

How can we see them?

Milltown Row2

These are a mixture of lads coming back home temporary transfers due to club's folding or no grade available? Along with of course lads just leaving?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

The GAA transfer system was designed to allow lads move to clubs where they now live and work.
For 5 Lavey men who live in Lavey to use a Belfast address to transfer to a Belfast club so they can give 2 fingers up to their own club is just wrong in my book.
St.Brigids should not be facilitating the move but of course they'll struggle to see past filling their senior team with 5 county Derry players, and alienating 5+ of their own young players in the process.

It's wrong, it shouldnt be allowed and is bending the rules IMO. Many will disagree I'm sure.

As for those saying 'would you rather see them not play'?
Firstly they'll play with Derry regardless and secondly should this exit route not be available then the rift may have been easier to resolve and clear up.

imtommygunn

Do they not live in south Belfast?

ck

geezer

Hoof Hearted

Could their great uncle not have taken them up to swatragh ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

delgany

Antrim CCC would havd to sign off those inter county transfers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on March 06, 2023, 09:32:19 PM
The GAA transfer system was designed to allow lads move to clubs where they now live and work.
For 5 Lavey men who live in Lavey to use a Belfast address to transfer to a Belfast club so they can give 2 fingers up to their own club is just wrong in my book.
St.Brigids should not be facilitating the move but of course they'll struggle to see past filling their senior team with 5 county Derry players, and alienating 5+ of their own young players in the process.

It's wrong, it shouldnt be allowed and is bending the rules IMO. Many will disagree I'm sure.

As for those saying 'would you rather see them not play'?
Firstly they'll play with Derry regardless and secondly should this exit route not be available then the rift may have been easier to resolve and clear up.

Btw I'm not in agreement with what's going on, but none of us are in the real know of what's been going on in the background. The players were going to go to a club, not sure if the rules of not being affiliated to a club and playing for your county.