Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on February 05, 2023, 06:09:24 PM
Sticking my neck out perhaps but, judging by results to date, I think we can target wins over Longford, Fermanagh, Tipperary to stay up.

Should be beating Longford, the other two are 50/50 games I think but certainly winnable
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on February 05, 2023, 04:22:31 PM
Anyone any more news on this option 3 being available to clubs tomorrow night seems strange for Antrim to just leave it out as an option!

Ok I'm going to stick my neck on the block and leave me open for Eoc to ridicule me  ;D

We are a dual county, fixtures playing a big part due to the recommendations of a 60 hour wait between playing minor and senior yes could be argued to look at fixtures again and make it work but that was originally agreed last year by the clubs... now because of Croke changing things it's put us in a position where option three isn't being discussed.

But hey, there's a meeting soon with the clubs.

Some clubs will want it because it suits their chances at minor, I know crazy view ;D let's say you have a sensational player who'd make the difference, hmm struggling to know which club would have that type  ;D

Anyways it's (I think up for debate soon enough)

If we'd loads of referees it would help massively also, loads of different factors to take on board
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Across the 4 games to date the noticeable thing is that every game brings more positive showings, individually and collectively. Instead of looking up to or depending on two or three individuals everyone is stepping up a notch, taking responsibility. I thought that process may take a bit longer but its evolving nicely and going by last nights performance we definitely should be hoping to carve out a few wins in this division. Looking forward to Thurles in 2 weeks, that's a big one.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2023, 06:45:33 PM
Anyone any more news on this option 3 being available to clubs tomorrow night seems strange for Antrim to just leave it out as an option!

Ok I'm going to stick my neck on the block and leave me open for Eoc to ridicule me  ;D

We are a dual county, fixtures playing a big part due to the recommendations of a 60 hour wait between playing minor and senior yes could be argued to look at fixtures again and make it work but that was originally agreed last year by the clubs... now because of Croke changing things it's put us in a position where option three isn't being discussed.

Some clubs will want it because it suits their chances at minor, I know crazy view ;D let's say you have a sensational player who'd make the difference, hmm struggling to know which club would have that type  ;D

If we'd loads of referees it would help massively also, loads of different factors to take on board
We'll take the same choices everyone else in Ireland has thanks.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 06, 2023, 08:55:48 AM

Make sure your delegate puts that forward
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Does our county secretary speak for Antrim or Dublin....?

johnnycool

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 06, 2023, 09:21:29 AM
Does our county secretary speak for Antrim or Dublin....?

Who pays his wages?

Saffsof82

Good to see Sean Oneill get some meaningful game time on Saturday. Mick had a terrific game in nets, and corner back and , wing back! covered some ground and played some great ball. Starting to take some shape under Andy, still very open at the back but getter better.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2023, 09:00:27 AM

Yeah they will be in the queue of 40 clubs putting it forward.
By the way the top County board men will be proud of you trying to explain the unexplainable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 06, 2023, 09:52:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2023, 09:00:27 AM

Yeah they will be in the queue of 40 clubs putting it forward.
By the way the top County board men will be proud of you trying to explain the unexplainable.

Hopefully you get what you're looking for.

Lár na páirce 1

To be treated the same as the rest of Ireland with regards the choices would be a good starting point.

imtommygunn

I was reading on another thread that Wexford don't have that option 3 either.

NAG1

What is the feeling then of how things will go?

Are we going back to the u12 u14 etc

Or are there any clubs holding out to next year for the change?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2023, 10:46:34 AM
I was reading on another thread that Wexford don't have that option 3 either.

No way? They'll be having a fit there