Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2022, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 20, 2022, 08:46:12 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 20, 2022, 08:02:09 PM
Previously CB you said Cargin was their first port of call except there is no hurling played there!

Now you're saying they're concentrating only on the big ball.

Two posts from same poster saying the exact opposite of each other - unless I'm completely missing something??

What about stop feeding this nonsense and let's see where they actually pop up.

So an approach was made to Cargin a few weeks past and no further action.

In any event if any young Derry player(s) crossed the Bann in search of a new club the obvious choice would be Cargin if they sought reward for future labours.....logic would dictate...

Why would you care so much....?

Surely go to a club with pedigree that's won Ulster a few times?

Well.all.options remain open.....although a strong bond between Erins Own and Erins Own...

Cargin do have a youthful senior panel and as I said before all options remain open....have prefixed with the word 'possibly' before and such remains...

Hearing Musgrave may well not be the landing zone.....

All will be revealed in time......

Sportacus

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 20, 2022, 10:08:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2022, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 20, 2022, 08:46:12 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 20, 2022, 08:02:09 PM
Previously CB you said Cargin was their first port of call except there is no hurling played there!

Now you're saying they're concentrating only on the big ball.

Two posts from same poster saying the exact opposite of each other - unless I'm completely missing something??

What about stop feeding this nonsense and let's see where they actually pop up.

So an approach was made to Cargin a few weeks past and no further action.

In any event if any young Derry player(s) crossed the Bann in search of a new club the obvious choice would be Cargin if they sought reward for future labours.....logic would dictate...

Why would you care so much....?

Surely go to a club with pedigree that's won Ulster a few times?

Well.all.options remain open.....although a strong bond between Erins Own and Erins Own...

Cargin do have a youthful senior panel and as I said before all options remain open....have prefixed with the word 'possibly' before and such remains...

Hearing Musgrave may well not be the landing zone.....

All will be revealed in time......
But you still don't want them because you wouldn't want any of your up and coming youth talent to miss out.  Right?

bannside

Thanks for being so informative CB, do tell us more. Are you saying Downeys made an official approach to join Cargin, or not?

Walter Cronc

They don't even bother with hurling AFAIK. Would be shocked if anything comes of it.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on December 20, 2022, 10:13:59 PM
Thanks for being so informative CB, do tell us more. Are you saying Downeys made an official approach to join Cargin, or not?

Not in any official role at Cargin so all I can say is 'approach was made to Cargin.
But again very few approaches made for such are accepted unless those individuals have moved to the area...

BTW, BS, what provokes your interest/concern..?

Am sure you will be kept informed on the progress of transfer inward requests currently being considered....

Lár na páirce 1

Nothing can be set in stone to January I'm told.
Unlike the wee ports who claimed to be league champions last year after five/six games until they met the big dogs 😜

bannside

In the interests of balance it should be noted that PG1 didn't claim anything of the sort. And you certainly won't find anything on gaaboard either Lar to back up that assertion.

Don't tell me we are in the Big Dogs head? Go enjoy your well earned break lads, next year will sort itself out!

Link

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 20, 2022, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: toby47 on December 19, 2022, 03:35:04 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 19, 2022, 01:19:09 PM
The Downeys all wanted to go to Cargin until someone told them Cargin didn't play hurling.....because like...they wouldn't have known that!

"Christmas Spoofs & Fantasy Stories by the Loughshore".

Admission FOC, only £10 to exit.

**also worth noting......

None of them play hurling!

The Downeys are all excellent hurlers, especially Henry's son Conor but all decided to concentrate on the 'big ball' game....

He's still at school so most likely still playing both. Lavey are in the ulster minor at screen so will be interesting to see if he plays.

Enda is a good hurler. Odhran played but i'm not sure about the other 3.

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: bannside on December 21, 2022, 09:04:21 AM
In the interests of balance it should be noted that PG1 didn't claim anything of the sort. And you certainly won't find anything on gaaboard either Lar to back up that assertion.

Don't tell me we are in the Big Dogs head? Go enjoy your well earned break lads, next year will sort itself out!

Not in the big dogs heads 100% not BS.
Hooe you all have a great Christmas 😎

Belfast GAA man

Are the cargin lads in with the county this year ? Never mind the Derry wans

Lár na páirce 1

Two or three young fellas from Cargin up just

Belfast GAA man

SaffronSports

See St Brigid's added another juvenile title this evening.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 22, 2022, 03:08:18 PM
is squad announced?

Seen some new Rossa men, some younger Cargin lads, less Lamhs players, some new and old St Brigid's ones, good representation of Moneyglass players, not many from PG1 and the usual Creggan lads, couple of aghagallon, one from my club, was hoping more, one from the Johnnies

Would imagine squad will be announced in the new year when they can actually start training 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2022, 09:35:41 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 22, 2022, 03:08:18 PM
is squad announced?

Seen some new Rossa men, some younger Cargin lads, less Lamhs players, some new and old St Brigid's ones, good representation of Moneyglass players, not many from PG1 and the usual Creggan lads, couple of aghagallon, one from my club, was hoping more, one from the Johnnies

Would imagine squad will be announced in the new year when they can actually start training

Happy New year folks.....glad to hear Michael Mc Cann is set for a visit with a surgeon soon....no plans on retirement in the immediate future.....