Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Flanker on November 29, 2022, 04:19:21 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 29, 2022, 03:20:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2022, 02:36:07 PM
Also why 4th. Joint 3rd. Glass half full  ;D

ITG I think the glass is more than half full already  ;D ;)

Newsflash from the school bus at Ballygawley roundabout

Errigal Ciaran laying claim to joint 3rd place as Glen only beat them by 4 points. Their legal team feel they have a strong case based on back of the school bus logic.

CB had better head for the Tyrone page and put those pesky upstarts back in their box

So you are still at school.......?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 04:05:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 03:42:17 PM
Same for you Nag.....be proud and I will take a stab at rating your club......bet you are above Cargin...beating them on a regular basis....??

So I'm beyond you rating me or any Johnnies men or Rossa men for that matter :D

Did not ask you but am well aware of the status of both the Johnnies and Rossa.
But as to your own field of expertise before that whistler arrived on the Cargin scene on Sunday who was in harge when Cargin lost their only championship game (knock out)
over the last eight years...

Think hard......

I'm thinking if you don't take your opportunities you lose out, if the other team scores more than the opposition they win, if you miss 21 yard frees it won't help..

So every time Cargin lose its the ref that's lost it? Who was the whistler when they lost to Derrygonnelly from Fermanagh? id that the game you are talking about?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Flanker

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 04:24:29 PM

Errigal Ciaran laying claim to joint 3rd place as Glen only beat them by 4 points. Their legal team feel they have a strong case based on back of the school bus logic.

CB had better head for the Tyrone page and put those pesky upstarts back in their box

I am but I'm on the yellow and white bus.. It was those big boys on the blue and white bus that were talking about it Just thought I would give you the heads up in case you found it on social media and got upset. Better to be prepared

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on November 29, 2022, 04:19:08 PM
MR2 in that case every single free kick in that game should have been moved forward for both sides.  Basic short questioning of a decision the player doesn't comprehend in the middle of football match is not abuse.   It is the lack of consistency whether that be in action for talking back, black cards, yellow cards, red cards, shoulder challenges or simply the common tackle that grates both the players and supporters.   Consistency in fitness levels as well.   If you're telling me you have similar fitness levels as Sundays referee then there must be a large margin for error.

On the players and supporters side, verbal or physical abuse and vitriol is simply not acceptable and should not be tolerated in any form.

I know plenty or marathon runners who are big men, nice steady pace no issues, these lads at this level believe it or not have to pass a fitness test, otherwise they don't get the game, so if he's past the test what are you looking?

My fitness isn't up for debate, in fact the club referee's beep test is at a lesser level to intercounty refs, so he'd have to pass a higher level, but I its funny how supporters that are so far away from the pitch think they can see closer than the ref who'll generally be with 20 yards of play.

As for basic short questioning the ref, there is questioning them and there is being a dick about it... I can name at least 6/7 lads on that Cargin team who never open their mouths when playing, and if they do question decisions its not derogatory or abusive. Why can't that be across the rest of the team and other teams BTW?

In my post I'm just saying that the ref was not the reason here, he missed things for both teams, its impossible to get everything, unfortunately the original ref was injured, it happens and this lad was the standby ref, that's how it works
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 04:39:43 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 04:05:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 03:42:17 PM
Same for you Nag.....be proud and I will take a stab at rating your club......bet you are above Cargin...beating them on a regular basis....??

So I'm beyond you rating me or any Johnnies men or Rossa men for that matter :D

Did not ask you but am well aware of the status of both the Johnnies and Rossa.
But as to your own field of expertise before that whistler arrived on the Cargin scene on Sunday who was in harge when Cargin lost their only championship game (knock out)
over the last eight years...

Think hard......

I'm thinking if you don't take your opportunities you lose out, if the other team scores more than the opposition they win, if you miss 21 yard frees it won't help..

So every time Cargin lose its the ref that's lost it? Who was the whistler when they lost to Derrygonnelly from Fermanagh? id that the game you are talking about?

Maybe they were exhausted from the absurd amount of injury time played in that years Antrim decider?   ;)

Walter Cronc

Are there bigger whiners than Cargin men. FFS take your beating!

ck

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 04:51:35 PM
MR2 in that case every single free kick in that game should have been moved forward for both sides.  Basic short questioning of a decision the player doesn't comprehend in the middle of football match is not abuse.   It is the lack of consistency whether that be in action for talking back, black cards, yellow cards, red cards, shoulder challenges or simply the common tackle that grates both the players and supporters.   Consistency in fitness levels as well.   If you're telling me you have similar fitness levels as Sundays referee then there must be a large margin for error.

On the players and supporters side, verbal or physical abuse and vitriol is simply not acceptable and should not be tolerated in any form.

I know plenty or marathon runners who are big men, nice steady pace no issues, these lads at this level believe it or not have to pass a fitness test, otherwise they don't get the game, so if he's past the test what are you looking?

My fitness isn't up for debate, in fact the club referee's beep test is at a lesser level to intercounty refs, so he'd have to pass a higher level, but I its funny how supporters that are so far away from the pitch think they can see closer than the ref who'll generally be with 20 yards of play.

As for basic short questioning the ref, there is questioning them and there is being a dick about it... I can name at least 6/7 lads on that Cargin team who never open their mouths when playing, and if they do question decisions its not derogatory or abusive. Why can't that be across the rest of the team and other teams BTW?

In my post I'm just saying that the ref was not the reason here, he missed things for both teams, its impossible to get everything, unfortunately the original ref was injured, it happens and this lad was the standby ref, that's how it works

A solid response! +1

Cargin were beaten, narrowly but fairly and squarely. The game was there for them but they didn't take it. I just look at the bench they have and how few subs were used, as they fizzled out at the end.
Glen were far from good, hit a lot of wides and generally performed poorly yet Cargin couldn't get ahead and open a gap.

Fairly pathetic to blame the ref tbh.

Spike

Simply amazing as to how Glen have suddenly transformed from All Ireland contenders to a pile of horse manure on this forum over the weekend.  ???

On the plus side everyone on this forum now believes their club are now All Ireland contenders so as MR2's favourite band Hot Chocolate once sang ''everyone's a winner baby''.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Flanker on November 29, 2022, 04:43:03 PM

I am but I'm on the yellow and white bus.. It was those big boys on the blue and white bus that were talking about it Just thought I would give you the heads up in case you found it on social media and got upset. Better to be prepared

So you have mates in Glenties.....yep terrified of them .

country bumpkin

Think the ABC club has gained in membership over the past week....
Best way to get the better of them is on the pitch...

Would doubt if many on this board who expected a huge defeat for Ronan Devlin's men attended their anticipated demise.

EOC1923

Quote from: ck on November 29, 2022, 05:45:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 04:51:35 PM

A solid response! +1

Cargin were beaten, narrowly but fairly and squarely. The game was there for them but they didn't take it. I just look at the bench they have and how few subs were used, as they fizzled out at the end.
Glen were far from good, hit a lot of wides and generally performed poorly yet Cargin couldn't get ahead and open a gap.

Fairly pathetic to blame the ref tbh.
Jesus this has thread has turned to chaos today, I'll only make one comment, CK You tipped Portglenone twice in August to beat Cargin in this years final, credibility zero 🤣

Flanker

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 06:19:01 PM

No idea what that is about. Don't know anyone from Glenties.

Just having a bit of fun at the back of the school bus type logic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Flanker on November 29, 2022, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 06:19:01 PM

No idea what that is about. Don't know anyone from Glenties.

Just having a bit of fun at the back of the school bus type logic

Had a long journey to school back in the day and was never quick enough to grab a seat at the back.....
So...???

country bumpkin

Jeez, all those on this board who have intensive dislike for Cargin raise your hands.....save me a lotta typing.

Can guess with positivity at a few even those who deny having a club.

In the event I do not give a fcuk.

Been in green and white for a long time and have many great memories but never was more proud of them as in this year.
Know every single one of them since they were kids and have watched them stride up the ranks..
Cargin have a wealth of talent from our under-6 squad and upwards with experience aplenty in their coaches and the future is bright.

Our seniors are taking a well earned rest at present and look forward to further progress in 2023.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on November 29, 2022, 06:00:49 PM
Simply amazing as to how Glen have suddenly transformed from All Ireland contenders to a pile of horse manure on this forum over the weekend.  ???

On the plus side everyone on this forum now believes their club are now All Ireland contenders so as MR2's favourite band Hot Chocolate once sang ''everyone's a winner baby''.

First off, who said Glen are all Ireland contenders on this thread? Who said Cargin will get bate by 7?

I'd been bigging them up on the Ulster club thread and defending them in various posts.

Glen played badly because Cargin were able to contain them for large parts.

But this pure nonsense about the ref really needs to be pulled up. Your assessment on his fitness is bullshit.. I'd question the fitness of one young lad who looked seriously slow and leggy but stayed on the pitch for Cargin

Win with grace and lose with grace, as for the decider the clock was stopped and restarted each time these fit lads went down with injuries, would you prefer not to have added time?