Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

Noticed Fitzpatrick wasnt playing for St Johns yesterday. Injured or did Glenavon pull rank?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: geezer on August 01, 2022, 08:09:55 PM
Noticed Fitzpatrick wasnt playing for St Johns yesterday. Injured or did Glenavon pull rank?
Where you at it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2022, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: geezer on August 01, 2022, 08:09:55 PM
Where you at it?

Just going by saffron gael report.

Mickey Linden

Went to the Creggan game yesterday. Was impressed with LD and arguably they could have won. However, Creggan were denied 2 stone wall points in 2nd half which would have put the game to bed. Both at least a foot inside the post. I know the umpire got a lot of abuse but surely it was up to the ref to overrule. Very strange officiating. A good game for the neutral nonetheless

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mickey Linden on August 01, 2022, 08:26:23 PM
Went to the Creggan game yesterday. Was impressed with LD and arguably they could have won. However, Creggan were denied 2 stone wall points in 2nd half which would have put the game to bed. Both at least a foot inside the post. I know the umpire got a lot of abuse but surely it was up to the ref to overrule. Very strange officiating. A good game for the neutral nonetheless

Was Hawkeye not in play?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mickey Linden

Hawkeye would not have detected either in this instance. They were not close enough to inside of the post.

Milltown Row2

He'd have overruled the umpire if he felt from his view it was over? No?

I'd a couple of calls that were questionable, the ball was that high with the evening sun strong it's not always as easy to get it right. Your placement could probably have been better

breakingball

If Mickey says they were scores they must be. May get the county to change the scoreline and award the 2 points to creggan.

A man standing directly beside a post couldn't possibly be correct! Those 50, 80 or maybe 100 yards away in a crowd on a hill or especially those on the opposite sideline know better for sure.

Mickey Linden

Not having a go at anyone in particular. I was a neutral so made it more enjoyable for me. Just stating what I seen. The 2 points were not even close to being wide. As bad as call as ive seen. May well have been the sun. I had a good angle as was standing on the bank

Mickey Linden

Quote from: breakingball on August 01, 2022, 09:16:49 PM
If Mickey says they were scores they must be. May get the county to change the scoreline and award the 2 points to creggan.

A man standing directly beside a post couldn't possibly be correct! Those 50, 80 or maybe 100 yards away in a crowd on a hill or especially those on the opposite sideline know better for sure.

Were u at the match? Were they points from where u stood?

EOC1923

Or an Irish News journalist up on a balcony, he must of had a better view than the guys at the posts and the ref directly behind

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 01, 2022, 09:35:12 PM

Or an Irish News journalist up on a balcony, he must of had a better view than the guys at the posts and the ref directly behind

Were you at it also?

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2022, 09:37:47 PM

Were you at it also?
No wasn't, how's that relevant. I bought an Irish News that's the height of it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 01, 2022, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2022, 09:37:47 PM

Were you at it also?
No wasn't, how's that relevant. I bought an Irish News that's the height of it

So you read the view of someone that was at the game? They weren't on the pitch or umpires?

EOC1923

I'm saying Crossan is a terrible journalist. He basically made fools of the officials in his reporting stating he could see from the balcony they looked like points. He also gave the Creggan manager room to state he was surprised by some decisions. My earlier post was sarcasm.