Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Championship is here, hopefully some great games ahead and a championship that's good for the county.

Hoof Hearted

Championship day is here
Johnny's to win outright
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2022, 08:25:05 PM
Glenavy beating ballymena in ballymena would be very unexpected. Other intermediate games seemed to go mainly as expected.

Would've thought sars beating Dunloy was a surprise  ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Yeah probably is. I think they're both the same -much better with the hurlers. McKenna seems to make a big difference for sarsfields and I suspect McKernan handy.I didn't see too many hurlers on for dunloy - I think I counted 3?

bannside

First obvious sign of the quality coming through in Portglenone (previously highlighted) was evidenced yesterday by a resounding win in the final of All County Og Sport.

Is this the the start of the run??

EOC1923

If one good underage team means it's the start of a run then yes it's the start of a run.

bannside

Which would be fair enough EOC except I confidently predict yesterday's Og Sport title is just the first product off an excellent conveyor belt under development here.

One year wondergroup lol. Time will tell.....

Milltown Row2

Thought the ladies were unlucky today, would need to get the head set for the replay
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on July 31, 2022, 02:48:44 PM
Which would be fair enough EOC except I confidently predict yesterday's Og Sport title is just the first product off an excellent conveyor belt under development here.

One year wondergroup lol. Time will tell.....
You have an immense u13 group which everyone in the club should be proud of

bannside

Vast majority still underage next year too!

Not my job to bum them up, they're only kids...but there is definitely a core group coming through that will write a new script for PG1 regardless of what our current seniors do or don't do. I'm absolutely certain of that.

bannside

Heard there was a Conchur Johnston show on today in Glenravel.....4-05 solo contribution!

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on July 31, 2022, 03:56:20 PM
Vast majority still underage next year too!

Not my job to bum them up, they're only kids...but there is definitely a core group coming through that will write a new script for PG1 regardless of what our current seniors do or don't do. I'm absolutely certain of that.
I highly doubt if the mentors of that young u12/13 team would want you to be on here talking them up like that. Some pressure on one team that, I'd just let them progress and see where it goes.
Yes Conhuir is a clinker, if we can pull off a minor championship this year that will be 3 in 4 years for us.

EOC1923

Winnings a bonus, being at the level and competing is the main thing

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2022, 02:58:14 PM
Thought the ladies were unlucky today, would need to get the head set for the replay

Better team. Penalty never a penalty. Efficiency up front looks a problem. That Fermanagh number 11 was some operator and the player that kept them in it.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2022, 02:58:14 PM

Kicked savage wides. Far better side for long spells I thought