Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Judgement being handed down re Casement. Looks like judge is quashing the appeal against the decision, good news.

bannside

Positive news for a change. That was an important judgement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 31, 2022, 10:49:20 AM
Judgement being handed down re Casement. Looks like judge is quashing the appeal against the decision, good news.

Is there room for an appeal?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

If someone says it now can't progress because there's no Assembly it will tip me over the edge.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2022, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 31, 2022, 10:49:20 AM

Is there room for an appeal?

No. Pretty sure this is the end of the road for the residents campaign. Thats the end of the legal / planning issues, now there is a big funding gap to make up and in the absence of an Executive that's going to be a significant problem.

bannside

Exactly Brendan. Who is going to make up the deficit? Original financials were forecast at £67m (open to correction) but rising costs and materials has driven that cost north of £100m.

You'de like to think assurances were forthcoming in this regard before proceeding to this stage. Or does that start for earnest now?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 31, 2022, 11:49:04 AM
Exactly Brendan. Who is going to make up the deficit? Original financials were forecast at £67m (open to correction) but rising costs and materials has driven that cost north of £100m.

You'de like to think assurances were forthcoming in this regard before proceeding to this stage. Or does that start for earnest now?

I'm getting on, I'd like to ref a game at Casement again, did a underage final there before it closed but was hoping out of sheer goodwill that they will allow county finals to be carried out there at the start  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Would ye whist

You're pretty c**k sure there that you will be getting appointed to County Finals by the time it comes around.....................

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2022, 11:54:39 AM

I'm getting on, I'd like to ref a game at Casement again, did a underage final there before it closed but was hoping out of sheer goodwill that they will allow county finals to be carried out there at the start  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 31, 2022, 12:51:57 PM
You're pretty c**k sure there that you will be getting appointed to County Finals by the time it comes around.....................

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2022, 11:54:39 AM

Hoping I said and you went with pretty c**k sure?

We have had underage finals up to minor and senior finals from junior upwards but sure you couldn't wait to get in there and make yourself look silly.. just highlighted my bit ;)

Plenty of roles within doing county finals also...

whatwillbwillb

Then you have to deal with the tender again as its Public Money, the design has changed and re-tender I would like to think to avoid Jr's would no doubt be the approach, those lads at CPD have a fair amount of PS funding to oversee and taking past records the Capex will have increased again by the time it eventually goes out so possibly 4-5 years away on a good day?

EOC1923

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 31, 2022, 03:34:26 PM

Then you have to deal with the tender again as its Public Money, the design has changed and re-tender I would like to think to avoid Jr's would no doubt be the approach, those lads at CPD have a fair amount of PS funding to oversee and taking past records the Capex will have increased again by the time it eventually goes out so possibly 4-5 years away on a good day?
Awarded to a contractor 9 years ago, it will have to be re-tendered no doubt

bannside

Not so sure Heron Bros will see it that way EOC!

marty34

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 31, 2022, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 31, 2022, 03:34:26 PM

Awarded to a contractor 9 years ago, it will have to be re-tendered no doubt

So will the stadium be now changed in any way?

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on May 31, 2022, 05:22:26 PM
Not so sure Heron Bros will see it that way EOC!
Herons Buckingham JV, happy days if they can stand by their original tender amount