Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 26, 2022, 05:28:00 PM
Seems a few within are bitterly disappointed on Saturday shit show.
But look inside and consider why we have reason to have been positive..

Have we a thriving club scene....NO
We're there individuals who did not agree to join the panel..Yes
Can we name any I individual who would have made a difference.....No

My old friend Oliver Kelly RIP told me once "lose the fundamental, lose the argument".

If I have answered the above correctly we do not have the right to expect championship success....

CB after 2 years should the expectation not be higher than a sh*r show (your words)
Management & coaching a team is about the collective, getting greater than the sum of the parts. Yes individuals within that certainly help. Maximise what you have, improve what you have. That was serious negative territory

If that level of organisation, team structure and shambles was served up to the green army come first round knockout stage of the championship how would it be received and what would the outcome be

It would get the same outcome in any half decent club irrespective of whether they were championship contenders or not. The expectation would be they would at least bring a reasonable level of performance whatever their ability and limitations. That's all anyone can ask for

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2022, 05:24:32 PM
I get that MR, this gives me no pleasure at all, we all hoped for better. Every team can have a bad day too, I get that as well. However I just don't see progress on the field of play. I don't see a good defensive system - holes everywhere, people chasing shadows,  I see nothing to like in our forward play, players out of position, poor fitness....the list goes on.

Look, let's be very honest here. Lennys Antrim two years ago would have put up a better performance. And lets remember, that was against a team that WON Ulster.

Take all the emotion of of this, the family connections, the experience or lack of it, the fact management were all undisputed class acts on the pitch, and ask yourself a question.

If this was Jody or Frank Dawson or anyone of about half a dozen other managers there would be an almighty kick up. Yes or No?

Question is - can the combined management and squad kick on again, find their mojo? Hey maybe they can, but big changes are needed.
I'd love to see Lenny back for one year, just to hear what you say in the aftermath, Jesus this is tragic.

bannside

CB I don't see any of this as an argument! I said before I wish we weren't having this conversation even. Look if we had played with real character and lost by two or three points in Saturday we still wouldn't be having this conversation.

As I say I'm happy to let it go now, not out to persecute any individual, management or player, no one set out to achieve that. However, can others please reciprocate by stop trying to defend the indefensible!

Plus, I do know, if it was a city manager producing this dross - you would be at the very front of the queue with your remonstrations. Please don't ask me to dig through the archives!

bannside

Some people poor memories. After Lenny's Antrim demolished Limerick by 14 points we all thought promotion was won, momentum was with us, and Covid kicked in.

Some counties obeyed the rules, Wicklow didn't, and our chance was gone.. the same Limerick that ranked us this year.

EOC dosent see this because he dosent want to.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2022, 06:06:04 PM
Some people poor memories. After Lenny's Antrim demolished Limerick by 14 points we all thought promotion was won, momentum was with us, and Covid kicked in.

Some counties obeyed the rules, Wicklow didn't, and our chance was gone.. the same Limerick that ranked us this year.

EOC dosent see this because he dosent want to.
You are happy to blame covid for Lenny not getting promoted but on the other hand claiming some kind of kudos for him running Cavan relatively close (4point defeat Cavan could of won by more) in a November covid year championship laced with freak results that Cavan went on and won.
You brought him up, I didn't. Don't forget the current managers achieved more than he has. By the way I was also there on Saturday and was disgusted by the performance myself. But I am balanced.

Milltown Row2

Perfectly balanced with a chip on each shoulder   :P
I jest of course
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Did the Casement ruling take place today?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Flanker on April 26, 2022, 05:50:40 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 26, 2022, 05:28:00 PM
Seems a few within are bitterly disappointed on Saturday shit show.
But look inside and consider why we have reason to have been positive..

Have we a thriving club scene....NO
We're there individuals who did not agree to join the panel..Yes
Can we name any I individual who would have made a difference.....No

My old friend Oliver Kelly RIP told me once "lose the fundamental, lose the argument".

If I have answered the above correctly we do not have the right to expect championship success....

CB after 2 years should the expectation not be higher than a sh*r show (your words)
Management & coaching a team is about the collective, getting greater than the sum of the parts. Yes individuals within that certainly help. Maximise what you have, improve what you have. That was serious negative territory

If that level of organisation, team structure and shambles was served up to the green army come first round knockout stage of the championship how would it be received and what would the outcome be

It would get the same outcome in any half decent club irrespective of whether they were championship contenders or not. The expectation would be they would at least bring a reasonable level of performance whatever their ability and limitations. That's all anyone can ask for

Why.......we are what we are and look around u at the quality of the teams in our county with the exception if a few.

Some may expect, but in the real world only a few within our ranks can contemplate senior championship success..
Then look at the contenders for such in Tyrone or Derry.

We are a long way behind and can u see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.....

Milltown Row2

Are we talking county or club success here? I get confused  ;D... speaking to Davitt's ones . They ain't happy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

The poster who singled out davitts for criticism should head down there for a pint I'm sure they d be glad to see him  ::)

Milltown Row2

Cargin beating Ports by two tonight...

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 26, 2022, 06:31:28 PM
Did the Casement ruling take place today?

Still ongoing, back in court tomorrow

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2022, 08:43:26 PM
Cargin beating Ports by two tonight...

Was anyone at that game tonight, never got heard it was a decent game of football

bannside

Decent game without any rancour or edge. Both teams not giving much away methinks, Cargin a bit more composure where it mattered. Good two points for them on the road.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2022, 11:51:19 PM
Decent game without any rancour or edge. Both teams not giving much away methinks, Cargin a bit more composure where it mattered. Good two points for them on the road.
Just a league game in April BS, the two rather fortuitous goals may have flattered you a little on the score line but it was a competitive game. Portglenone noticibly well organised and a few weeks ahead fitness wise. Cargin will just keep tipping away and try and peak at the right time.
St. John's creggan could be a good game tonight.