Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 22, 2022, 09:23:06 PM
Fantastic result. A big well done to all involved. Should keep some lads on here off their back for a while. Wouldn't bank on it though.

Exactly
It's been all doom and gloom about these boys
All negative stuff about management fighting etc
Well done lads and management 👏
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

Fair play to the lads. Maybe there needs to be fighting amongst each group. 😉

Sportacus

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 22, 2022, 09:32:56 PM
Fair play to the lads. Maybe there needs to be fighting amongst each group. 😉
Was just thinking that myself. The stories coming out of this camp weren't good but they've pulled a great result so credit where it's due. I've no idea what was true and what was bar talk, but they've done their talking on the pitch.

EOC1923

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 22, 2022, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on April 03, 2022, 09:26:37 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 03, 2022, 07:58:26 AM
I'm just after digging out the 4 results to date in the Ulster minor league and it makes very depressing reading indeed! Told recently that a respected SW member of backroom team had walked away several weeks ago. Someone needs to be drilling into this to see what's going on up there.
It's a conveyor belt of doting daddies this last couple of years. This years version just as bad as last years.

Well, when you say "just as bad".....they didn't get spanked by 26 points....
The above was during the league, results weren't good. Happy at the same time to praise all involved for tonight's amazing result.

paddyjohn

I read somewhere today that the Full Forward is Niall Hynds from Con Magees, he's one of 3 brothers who have represented the county at 3 different age groups this season following on from Cathal at Un20 and Eoin at Senior. Has this ever happened before? McGourtys maybe?

imtommygunn

I don't think mcgourtys would have as bigger age gap. Would maybe have happened if Kieran played more senior. I have vague recollections of something like this happening in hurling but could be wrong. McMullans from Dunloy, mccloskeys loughgiel or maybe closes Rossa potentially but probably wrong on that.

Saffsof82

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 22, 2022, 09:50:35 PM
I read somewhere today that the Full Forward is Niall Hynds from Con Magees, he's one of 3 brothers who have represented the county at 3 different age groups this season following on from Cathal at Un20 and Eoin at Senior. Has this ever happened before? McGourtys maybe?

He has another year left at u17 as well. Brilliant result, completely unexpected given the shenanigans of last few weeks but great to see and well done everyone. I had heard a lot of negative chat about this group coming mostly but not exclusively from club men who had lads involved. Perhaps all the negativity galvanised the squad , I hope so. Only spoke to one man who actually told me the team was very talented and to expect an upset but I thought he was mad tbh.

bannside

In any event it's great to be discussing a famous championship victory instead of hashing out the usual depressing post mortems. I think we can all universally say that management are completely vindicated after a performance like that. And sincere good luck to them and the players now for the duration of the tournament.

Hopefully this will give a boost to our seniors tomorrow, they have a chance to back this up and provide us with a rare minor / senior c'ship weekend double.

Saffsof82

Hardly vindicated BS, only 19 Antrim players out of 30 turned up for the match tonight!!!

Milltown Row2

Probably get stuffed in the next game and we can blame the management again..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 22, 2022, 10:35:41 PM
Hardly vindicated BS, only 19 Antrim players out of 30 turned up for the match tonight!!!
Well those 19 will be there the next day so go give it a lash. Men this age can be pig headed and achieve anything.

Lár na páirce 1

A very good win, Conhuir johnston unmarkable yet again, he's turning into a real star man at every level he plays in, McCormick also a top notch player, roll on tomorrow hopefully senior side rise to the challenge

Milltown Row2

How did they other lads play?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Definitely things seems to be on an upward curve, Director of football influence seems to having an effect to be fair, u20s very unlucky not to beat Derry and u17 beating Monaghan, for all my gloom there are certainly brighter days ahead

marty34

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 22, 2022, 10:35:41 PM

Sounds a bit like Antrim U21 hurlers in the AISF V Wexford a few years back.