Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on April 10, 2022, 07:38:36 PM
Agree MR availability is key. But is Dunsilly hard to get booked into atm? Don't know answer, just asking?

Some win for Randalstown against St Galls. They would not have forecast that a decade ago. Testimony to hard work and belief, ALL things are possible.

We ain't the all Ireland winning team anymore.. you'll not recognise too many players. Managers are working with a new batch, will take time, I've ref'd tir na Og a few times over the years, decent hungry team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Did previous management prolong with some of the big names for too long MR..well into their mid thirties. Did a dozen or more lost prospects slip through the net in the meantime? Is their regret about that now around St Galls, is the big question?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on April 10, 2022, 08:12:38 PM
Did previous management prolong with some of the big names for too long MR..well into their mid thirties. Did a dozen or more lost prospects slip through the net in the meantime? Is their regret about that now around St Galls, is the big question?

Nah, to be fair with all the minor and under 21 championship teams they all struggled bar a few to dislodge the main players..

We've a run of teams that are no way near that standard, and to be honest no Antrim club team has taken up that mantel for whatever reasons, we'll no doubt have to work it out but like I've said before it's all about cycles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on April 10, 2022, 07:21:33 PM
Sure it's only the the league RC...lol.. No medals in early April. A lot of posters on here wouldn't have PGI in top six, no marquee forwards, all that kinda stuff. We just keep on rollin.....see where it takes us. Lol. Maybe when you get all your huge big guns back EOC we will roll over.....

Leagues are for giving your youngsters a case of life in the faster lane, BS.....not at.the Cargin game today was at Whitehill, but hear we had 8 under 20s starting.

As for league this year's competition is tainted for obvious reason..
As the wise man said, 'leagues are for playing in'' never mentioned Cargin won it last year and nobody cares.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 10, 2022, 09:54:06 PM
Were youse not raging the other year when youse didn't get the cup or something? Must care a bit.

Dunno........pray tell

Cargin have settled for just that consolation far too often I have honestly forgotten..
Did your club hold on to it too long...?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 10, 2022, 10:06:48 PM
Aye, the cup wasn't presented the night youse won the league and people had a shitfit on social media.
So stop getting on like you are better than the competition. It's not a good look.

It's getting embarrassing with every post,  from telling how mcGinley should pick his team or the titbits on selections to not being interested in winning games and complaining about taking kids to games!

Stick to saffron Gael reports

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 10, 2022, 07:21:33 PM
Sure it's only the the league RC...lol.. No medals in early April. A lot of posters on here wouldn't have PGI in top six, no marquee forwards, all that kinda stuff. We just keep on rollin.....see where it takes us. Lol. Maybe when you get all your huge big guns back EOC we will roll over.....
Yeah, you will

country bumpkin

Aye, the cup wasn't presented the night youse won the league and people had a shitfit on social media.
So stop getting on like you are better than the competition. It's not a good look.

Well Duinte inteacht feile....nobody is too good for a league and Cargin have plenty of those...
I am sure we were delighted to host big Eddie Fitz last year, but If I told you to secure that magnificent trophy was the objective would you believe me..?

As I relayed to all a while back it was my friend and former Runai from St Gall's who told me a ling time ago, " you boys go on winning leagues and we will concentrate on the championship".

We're St Galls too good for league fare, and just how many league titles did they win....?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 10, 2022, 10:42:13 PM

Well Duinte inteacht feile....nobody is too good for a league and Cargin have plenty of those...
I am sure we were delighted to host big Eddie Fitz last year, but If I told you to secure that magnificent trophy was the objective would you believe me..?

As I relayed to all a while back it was my friend and former Runai from St Gall's who told me a ling time ago, " you boys go on winning leagues and we will concentrate on the championship".

We're St Galls too good for league fare, and just how many league titles did they win....?

Only interested in championship, we came from being relegated to winning Ulster championship after two teams wanted to knock seven bells out of each other! even one team wanted to play in Derry 😂

Go to bed

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 10, 2022, 10:47:52 PM
Nobody is too good for any competition. There is no club in this county that hasn't had lean years where they would have given an arm & leg for a league. It mightn't be the most coveted prize on a given year but anyone who suggests that they don't care about it is a bullroot.

So to focus on a competition when a big percentage of your team cannot be involved is a smart move...?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 10, 2022, 10:52:59 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 10, 2022, 10:47:52 PM
Nobody is too good for any competition. There is no club in this county that hasn't had lean years where they would have given an arm & leg for a league. It mightn't be the most coveted prize on a given year but anyone who suggests that they don't care about it is a bullroot.

So to focus on a competition when a big percentage of your team cannot be involved is a smart move...?

Who's asking you to focus on the league?

paddyjohn

Shut her down Moderator..

The egos have landed yet again.

rogercasement

What is the format for the tailteann Cup? Straight knock out on an open draw?

bannside

I believe there will be four groups of 4. This will guarantee at least 3 matches. I'd say top two in each qualify for quarter finals, with winners of groups playing runners up in other groups, identical to our own club senior championship latter stages. But I'm not certain RC, maybe Delgany can confirm.

If the GAA make the Tailteaan cup really worth winning it can be a really good development, and one that can suit us. Eg, play before All Ireland final, make attractive allowance to players prize fund (winners holiday fund etc).

delgany

Quote from: bannside on April 11, 2022, 07:11:21 PM
I believe there will be four groups of 4. This will guarantee at least 3 matches. I'd say top two in each qualify for quarter finals, with winners of groups playing runners up in other groups, identical to our own club senior championship latter stages. But I'm not certain RC, maybe Delgany can confirm.

If the GAA make the Tailteaan cup really worth winning it can be a really good development, and one that can suit us. Eg, play before All Ireland final, make attractive allowance to players prize fund (winners holiday fund etc).

According to Official Guide, its a straight knockout , with two regional sections  - North & South ! Possibilities of a bye in Round 1.