Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAABoardMod5

Sent a few PM's to select posters regarding the standard of posting here, maybe half a dozen posters in all.

The level of discussion is an embarrassment to the board.  Unless the petty disputes (which may not be so petty to some) and the personal attacks stop IMMEDIATELY, the first step will be banning some posters...no warnings, no regard for history on the board, no deference to anyone...they will just disappear.

The threads for both Antrim football and hurling may well be closed for a period of time unless posters just cop on a bit.

Next move is up to you, the posters.

quit yo jibbajabba

As a Derry man with best part of a bottle of wine in me i can only concur. Yis are a disgrace (but decent entertainment) 😃😉

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on March 26, 2022, 09:56:59 PM
Wonder are their any changes afoot for starting and game time slots tomorrow? Declan Lynch must be due anytime soon, and we haven't seen anything yet of Eunan Walsh. I know they've been on the easy list but they would need to be seeing game time soon or this season will be over for them!

Good luck to all players and management - could we be smiling tomorrow at 4pm.

Big pat gets a start as does kevin small

Gold

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on March 26, 2022, 10:02:43 PM
Sent a few PM's to select posters regarding the standard of posting here, maybe half a dozen posters in all.

The level of discussion is an embarrassment to the board.  Unless the petty disputes (which may not be so petty to some) and the personal attacks stop IMMEDIATELY, the first step will be banning some posters...no warnings, no regard for history on the board, no deference to anyone...they will just disappear.

The threads for both Antrim football and hurling may well be closed for a period of time unless posters just cop on a bit.

Next move is up to you, the posters.

It's childish shite by the same posters all the time  and boring AF......it's put me and others I know off the board bigtime.

I don't have the time or patience to be scrolling through reams of petty shite squabbling (not banter because its as funny as a kick in the  balls) 

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 26, 2022, 10:35:27 PM
Wonder are their any changes afoot for starting and game time slots tomorrow? Declan Lynch must be due anytime soon, and we haven't seen anything yet of Eunan Walsh. I know they've been on the easy list but they would need to be seeing game time soon or this season will be over for them!

The young Rossa lad will take his place between the posts as well, and Jamie G will return to the bench....

Would ye whist

The young rossa keeper is a quality keeper, all the marks of the modern goal keeper, distribution is first class

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 27, 2022, 08:22:33 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 26, 2022, 10:35:27 PM

The young Rossa lad will take his place between the posts as well, and Jamie G will return to the bench....

bannside

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on March 27, 2022, 11:05:33 AM
Any other changes CB?

Declan Lynch in for J Laverty...

As far as I know that's it......but..????

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Some anticlimax, great position at HT
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Hoof Hearted

Lads be realistic
Back into division 3 and finishing in top half ?
Who would've taken that at the start of February?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffrongael

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 27, 2022, 03:41:18 PM
Lads be realistic
Back into division 3 and finishing in top half ?
Who would've taken that at the start of February?

Yep, think we were getting ahead of ourselves and think Louth & Limerick will struggle badly next year in Div 2 (as we would have)

Saffrongael

Actually think Div 3 will be tough next year with Cavan/Tipp coming up & Down & Offaly relegated.

JimStynes

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 27, 2022, 03:46:33 PM
Actually think Div 3 will be tough next year with Cavan/Tipp coming up & Down & Offaly relegated.

Yep
4th place next season would still be a great result
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012