Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaffgael

Didn't know it was a rule, thought it was more just county managers with an ago not letting players play. Glad to see McGinley taking the sensible approach.

bannside

Indeed. Manys a player has been known to fall between two stools. Not getting county or club game time and form or confidence ultimately suffers as a result. I just wonder what criteria Enda used for letting players off for club duty? It must be those not figuring in his immediate plans!

country bumpkin

Quote from: asaffgael on March 07, 2022, 02:16:48 PM
Didn't know it was a rule, thought it was more just county managers with an ago not letting players play. Glad to see McGinley taking the sensible approach.

Not a rule and has been the practise for the last couple of years that squad players not regular starters can play league games for their club....

JimStynes

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 07, 2022, 11:53:19 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2022, 11:22:56 AM
I hear Dracula was playing for one of the division 1 clubs at the weekend there

?????

A phantom biter doing the rounds

imtommygunn

rogercasement

Agree totally with squad players being allowed to kick ball for clubs, could be problematic when drawing line by how many mins played or not allows you to play club  leagues.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 07, 2022, 04:39:50 PM
Quote from: asaffgael on March 07, 2022, 02:16:48 PM

Not a rule and has been the practise for the last couple of years that squad players not regular starters can play league games for their club....

Which is it? I thought and I'll quote

"Sorry Ref, did not fully read your post.....don't think rule applies to under-20s....."
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2022, 05:07:58 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 07, 2022, 11:53:19 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2022, 11:22:56 AM
I hear Dracula was playing for one of the division 1 clubs at the weekend there

?????

A phantom biter doing the rounds

Sweep sweep depending on the club no doubt.

Saffsof82

full round of club u20 football matches at 3pm on Saturday and the county footballers playing at 2pm in corrigan, madness

bannside

Madness surely. Why couldn't club games throw in at 11am?

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on March 08, 2022, 09:54:16 AM
Madness surely. Why couldn't club games throw in at 11am?

I think our CCC has lost the plot...
A full list of minor league games on Sunday and our county minors have a game on Saturday...

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 08, 2022, 08:55:12 AM
full round of club u20 football matches at 3pm on Saturday and the county footballers playing at 2pm in corrigan, madness
Don't agree lads, there are more players in the gaa than just these elite county senior players, same goes for the minor club games being on the day after county minor games, there's only 24 players lucky enough to be on a county panel, what about the rest who are the vast majority. Clubs can rest their county players if they want.

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 08, 2022, 02:24:46 PM
Don't agree lads, there are more players in the gaa than just these elite county senior players, same goes for the minor club games being on the day after county minor games, there's only 24 players lucky enough to be on a county panel, what about the rest who are the vast majority. Clubs can rest their county players if they want.

I was more coming at from the point of wanting to watch and support our county senior footballers

Milltown Row2

100%... feel strange  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 08, 2022, 02:31:29 PM

I was more coming at from the point of wanting to watch and support our county senior footballers
That's fine if it suits and I see your point Saffs, I'm not on the CCC but they're trying to accommodate everyone. Its surely more important for youths of the u17/20 age to get to play games of football than watch games of football. This must be the only slot they could get.