Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 04, 2022, 11:26:14 PM
Antrim vs Leitrim , any predictions?
Paddy Mcaleer makes his first start, mark jordan makes the bench for the first time this season, good to see him getting back to fitness, Conor Stewart out of action for a couple of months with a stress fracture in the ankle

I thought it was Limerick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2022, 11:29:57 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 04, 2022, 11:26:14 PM
Antrim vs Leitrim , any predictions?
Paddy Mcaleer makes his first start, mark jordan makes the bench for the first time this season, good to see him getting back to fitness, Conor Stewart out of action for a couple of months with a stress fracture in the ankle

I thought it was Limerick

My bad MR 🤦‍♂️

bannside

I'd have Paddy at 7 and Dermot at 12, and I think both players would benefit from that. These are the games we need to be winning. Good luck to all.

Sportacus

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 04, 2022, 10:07:47 PM
How sustainable is the HTC model? Is it another Bessbrook? In that they identified a decent couple of year groups and threw the kitchen sink at them before returning to where they were at the beginning?
That's not to demean the achievements of either but this happens every so often. Marty Clarke's Kilkeel was another one.
Good question. Lurgan seem to have disappeared too. It can happen that a great bunch come along and with a big effort anything is possible. Dungannon and Enniskillen come along every now and again as well.  Just would love to see an Antrim school catch that wave.

Milltown Row2

Limerick will certainly have their gander up after last weeks results for them beating Longford handy enough and knocking in 4 goals.

Both teams with a confidence boosting open win , draw written all over it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Everyone in the league prediction thread that I have seen predicts Antrim. I did too but from optimism. This is a tough game we will do well to win. I am glad it's at home (terrible day for it). Tbh it's a very good test of where we are at and won't be easy but I think exactly what we need.

EOC1923

How sustainable is the HTC model? Is it another Bessbrook? In that they identified a decent couple of year groups and threw the kitchen sink at them before returning to where they were at the beginning?
That's not to demean the achievements of either but this happens every so often. Marty Clarke's Kilkeel was another one.
A fair point

imtommygunn

Saffrongael

Nothing wrong with a reality check
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Only seeing result now, had a heavy lunch and drinks yesterday  :o

Were they that good or were we poor?

Belfast GAA man

thought they played well but 2 early goals were killers on a bitter day when scoring was hard

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 06, 2022, 02:58:59 PM
thought they played well but 2 early goals were killers on a bitter day when scoring was hard

That's it? Did we press them? Put them under pressure? Who played well for us?

I'll wait on CB's view or Bannsides take in the game

country bumpkin

Could I respectively refer you to a comprehensive report supplied by the Saffron Gael....

5times5times

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 05, 2022, 11:53:15 AM
A fair point

Would Clarke's school not differ, as they've always been in Ulster Colleges comps? I think they're way down the pecking order now, but AFAIK all players were from local area.. Not like St Paul's who'd pay for taxis for some lads to leave their schools and come play for them.

Would ye whist

Being a bit of a princess here MR2, what do you want a PA to attend for you? If you were that interested you wouldn't have been on the drink

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2022, 07:43:21 PM

That's it? Did we press them? Put them under pressure? Who played well for us?

I'll wait on CB's view or Bannsides take in the game