Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on December 14, 2021, 03:02:22 PM
Quote from: Antrim on December 14, 2021, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 14, 2021, 09:43:43 AM
Welcome Antrim, that's a decent team right there if the remit was within the last 25 years. Not too many positions there that you could argue about. Justy a fine servant too, steady as the town clock.

Ricky in the full back line somewhere must be worthy of consideration. Joe Quinn at Midfield also has to be in contention, and Aodhan Gallagher never let club or county down.

We haven't been spoiled by marquee forwards in this time. CJ was one but never rose to the heights that were anticipated for a variety of reasons and the outstanding club forward during this era surely had to be Ciaran Close.

It depends on the terms of reference. Is it ability, it is consistently high level of county service, or is it the best players seen during that time...in which case Kieran Mc Gourty is nailed on somewhere!

No one could dispute the talent of Kevin Mc Gourty, but he dazzled only to deceive in Saffron, and the big one who got away was possibly the best of the lot. Eddie Quinn.

All about opinions.....

That's it.  I toyed with Aodhan Gallagher and with Joe Quinn but those performances from Shenny McQuillan during the Brian White days made me go with him.  Maybe would change it to Aidso the more I think of it for consistency.

Millions of talent like the McGourtys but I suppose you have to go with who actually did it all the time.  Anyway, I signed up when you were all talking about this but activation to join only came through last night so that's why I thought I'd post anyway!!

Happy Christmas lol

S Kelly is not the best CHB we have had, not by a distance. WHB yes.

When did he play CHB?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

You're perfectly allowed a bit of artistic licence Antrim. That MR fellow needs to put away his whistle and chill out a bit sometimes lol....

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on December 14, 2021, 04:53:00 PM
You're perfectly allowed a bit of artistic licence Antrim. That MR fellow needs to put away his whistle and chill out a bit sometimes lol....
Cold storage.....?

Milltown Row2

My question was for DK, not Antrim ;)

See you first game CB up at your ground. Be good to dust down the cobwebs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2021, 07:13:40 PM

My question was for DK, not Antrim ;)

See you first game CB up at your ground. Be good to dust down the cobwebs

Maybe not......??

Milltown Row2

Lár na páirce 1

Maybe MR2 is banned from Toome, CB is on to something here 🤔

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on December 14, 2021, 08:46:03 PM
Maybe MR2 is banned from Toome, CB is on to something here 🤔

Why? Oh? So clubs next year can pick and choose? Righty o.

JimStynes

When are MR2 and Country Bumpkin going to fight and get this over with?

Saffsof82

Working late tonight and as I came past dunsilly the lights were on so ran her round the roundabout and ducked me head in. Very impressive I must say. 2 pitches lite up and in full swing. Years overdue tbh just great to see the facility.

Flanker

Quote from: JimStynes on December 14, 2021, 09:16:40 PM
JS you would never get agreement on the purse split, weight, venue (South West or City), ringside judges and referee
MR2 would be happy with expenses & mileage
CB would need the paid manager & entourage covered

Put it out to purse offers

JimStynes

Quote from: Flanker on December 14, 2021, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 14, 2021, 09:16:40 PM
JS you would never get agreement on the purse split, weight, venue (South West or City), ringside judges and referee
MR2 would be happy with expenses & mileage
CB would need the paid manager & entourage covered

Put it out to purse offers

Forget casement! Make this fight instead!!

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Now now lads verbal boxing is better craic, CB is a good man for getting off the canvas every time he's knocked down, doesn't know when he's beaten, and can take the low blows!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2021, 07:43:54 AM
Now now lads verbal boxing is better craic, CB is a good man for getting off the canvas every time he's knocked down, doesn't know when he's beaten, and can take the low blows!
Such is the inflated ego of the Mc Cooey MR2.....never on the canvas, and I would refer you to the musings of Dean Swift......"The pen is .mightier than the sword".....or perhaps, He who laughs last......etc.