Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

Let me be straight I couldn't give wan flying f### about Rasharkin I was just saying I'd heard a big name was on the way.

Hoof Hearted

Are sharkin still div 3/junior championship next season ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 28, 2021, 07:05:15 PM

If RC's knowledge is to believed :D they'll be pushing Creggan next year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 28, 2021, 07:05:15 PM

I think they won Div3 so will be promoted. Not sure of the championship they'll play though.

geezer

Is paul doc still playing for rasharkin no?

paddyjohn

Quote from: geezer on November 28, 2021, 09:31:55 PM
Is paul doc still playing for rasharkin no?

Hasn't played as years.

geezer

geezer

Any word on jonnies, LD, st marys manager?

geezer

Hard to argue against any of the picks. Personally loved watching anthony tohill growing up, absolute machine of a man.

Sean cavanagh harshly done by?  Everyone knew his shuffle dunmy was coming but couldnt stop it!

I would maybe have mcmanus or murphy in? diarmuid connolly? Arguably the greatest natural footballer of all time.

So many good players, each person will have their opinion of who they would have in for differing reasons.

quote author=bannside link=topic=21.msg2089294#msg2089294 date=1638099363]
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/15-for-50-best-pwc-all-star-football-team-492525

I enjoyed this....being of a vintage where I can recall every player under the microscope!

Best 15 players from the last 50 years in the opinion of Peter the Great, Oisin Mc Conville and John O Mahony.
[/quote]

JimStynes

Quote from: geezer on November 28, 2021, 10:23:07 PM
Hard to argue against any of the picks. Personally loved watching anthony tohill growing up, absolute machine of a man.

Sean cavanagh harshly done by?  Everyone knew his shuffle dunmy was coming but couldnt stop it!

I would maybe have mcmanus or murphy in? diarmuid connolly? Arguably the greatest natural footballer of all time.

So many good players, each person will have their opinion of who they would have in for differing reasons.

I enjoyed this....being of a vintage where I can recall every player under the microscope!

Best 15 players from the last 50 years in the opinion of Peter the Great, Oisin Mc Conville and John O Mahony.
[/quote]

Maurice Fitz! Couldn't believe he wasn't included

geezer

Jesus! Forgot all about him. Absolute shoe in. Wont see many better footballs than michael donnellan either. Declan osullivan another 1.

quote author=JimStynes link=topic=21.msg2089422#msg2089422 date=1638142088]
Quote from: geezer on November 28, 2021, 10:23:07 PM

[/quote]

Maurice Fitz! Couldn't believe he wasn't included
[/quote]

geezer

May be a left field option and i do think he gets the respect he derseves, but i think mattie forde could have been in with a shout. A supreme footballer.

If he played for a winning county I believe he would be in the conversation with the best forwards ever.

bannside

Easy to say who should be in. Who would you take out?

John Egan some player to miss out.  Matt Connor too. And Mike Sheehy Omg

I'd have Michael Murphy in for Padraig Joyce.  They are all grade A superstars at this level of conversation.

bannside

Mattie Forde, Declan Browne, Conor Mc Manus....Paddy Bradley or Oisin Mc Conville....Stevie the great.... some players NOT to have in your forward line.

Arguably as good as the six who made it. All opinions.
And then some. Michael Murphy  Ciaran Kilkenny or Stevie from Killeavy?

geezer

Agreed, id have murphy for joyce but then again joyce was some boy.

Everyone will have a different 15 as there has been so many class players, however, canavan is the best player of all time and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Him and paddy kelly with be a great full forward line next year 😃

Quote from: bannside on November 28, 2021, 11:45:26 PM
Easy to say who should be in. Who would you take out?

John Egan some player to miss out.  Matt Connor too. And Mike Sheehy Omg

I'd have Michael Murphy in for Padraig Joyce.  They are all grade A superstars at this level of conversation.