Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on November 23, 2021, 01:57:00 PM
Spoke to Gareth and Andy very recently and both are committed to our juvenile development team in the club, so I don't think there is any truth in that PJ and Referee. Good work they do too, taking teams there wasn't exactly a massive queue for. So fair play to them.

I had a feeling Kevin Murray would answer the call at LD. Good appointment up the Hill  He can leave St Mary's with a lot of goodwill....sometimes you can spoil a decent legacy by staying a year too many.
don't think he Would be welcome up the hill I hear

rogercasement

PJ still not having you call anyone a muppet or a clown. What do you know of the man?

country bumpkin

Seems J Mc Keever was seen in Cargin club this evening...

Only saying........

Kickham csc

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2021, 08:56:25 PM

Only saying........

Is it a Mo Johnston moment

country bumpkin

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 23, 2021, 08:58:11 PM

Only saying........

Could it be Saffron to Green....not green to Orange...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 23, 2021, 08:58:11 PM

Only saying........

No that would be a Rossa man looking after the Johnnies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 23, 2021, 09:53:19 PM
Nothing to see here....

My info wrong.....excellent source......?

paddyjohn

Only saying........

With his motivational skills and Devlin tactical skills, Cargin be a hard nut to crack.

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 22, 2021, 09:06:17 AM
Played in April - May directly after the intercounty U20 competition and long before senior club football gets serious. Two groups of 6 with top 2 in each going into semi finals. This years format of 1 going through created all the dead rubber games.
I don't just write on here btw I know this has been proposed to the relevant people, our club will also be proposing it at Antrim convention.
That ok for you?

Problem for u20 in April -June is the exam schedule, A level and uni exams. Biggest problem we had with u20 this year was our own fault, lads partying and not available. Though 3pm on a Saturday is a ridiculous time, Sunday games would have helped a bit. Too many clubs including my own calling games off because they were missing a couple of players instead of just getting on with it.

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on November 23, 2021, 01:57:00 PM
Spoke to Gareth and Andy very recently and both are committed to our juvenile development team in the club, so I don't think there is any truth in that PJ and Referee. Good work they do too, taking teams there wasn't exactly a massive queue for. So fair play to them.

I had a feeling Kevin Murray would answer the call at LD. Good appointment up the Hill  He can leave St Mary's with a lot of goodwill....sometimes you can spoil a decent legacy by staying a year too many.

Kevin Murray going with the county u15 development squad, suppose that wouldnt really interfere with a club role anyway i dont think

antrimman667

Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 24, 2021, 08:05:32 AM
Played in April - May directly after the intercounty U20 competition and long before senior club football gets serious. Two groups of 6 with top 2 in each going into semi finals. This years format of 1 going through created all the dead rubber games.
I don't just write on here btw I know this has been proposed to the relevant people, our club will also be proposing it at Antrim convention.
That ok for you?

Problem for u20 in April -June is the exam schedule, A level and uni exams. Biggest problem we had with u20 this year was our own fault, lads partying and not available. Though 3pm on a Saturday is a ridiculous time, Sunday games would have helped a bit. Too many clubs including my own calling games off because they were missing a couple of players instead of just getting on with it.

Or maybe if they had of made it straight knockout? losers in the first round go into a B competition? that not more sensible instead of having to play dead rubbers

Milltown Row2

The gap between the age is too much, why was it always a 3 year difference over the normal 2 year differences in other juvenile competitions, maybe the older ones could have an answer for that one.

That 3 years clubs lose kids to college, drink and women!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 24, 2021, 08:40:03 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 24, 2021, 08:05:32 AM
That ok for you?

Or maybe if they had of made it straight knockout? losers in the first round go into a B competition? that not more sensible instead of having to play dead rubbers

Issue i always found with the straight knockout and then into B competition was you could get 2 super teams play each other in the first round and then you end up a team wiping the floor with everyone in B competition, no use to anyone. Also straight knockout doesnt address the issue of game time for this age group, massive drop out of our games for 16-20 year olds, always felt the lack of games was a major contributor to this. Really think we need to have an u19 league not just a championship, but still would prefer it back to u16 u18 but that looks unlikely

Saffsof82

That ok for you?

would teams 3rd and 4th place in each group go into the B semi finals? Or is B a separate group altogether with the proposal EOC?