Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffronaldo

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 05, 2021, 02:55:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 01:45:39 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 01:40:22 PM
As above for me, I agree with all that..

We have to draw a line under it and move on, on a final note I called MR2 out to explain things only as I know he is on here. Wouldn't be satisfied with any of explanations. What we scored or missed is irrelevant by the way. Foul counts are also irrelevant. Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

On a final note just looked through Tyrone and Cavan threads there and I cant see Martin Hurson or Joe McQuillan on there anywhere explaining their decisions or giving a summary on how one team won or lost the game. Ridiculous what goes on here

You can't have it both ways, ones we're asking why the calls were given, I'm not hiding either. My officiating didn't lose the game, if you believe that then fine. I've no axe to grind, it suits though others to find other reasons for losing. I can't think of any tbf.

Nobody makes suggestion that you were responsible for Cargin losing but nobody in Toome will forget how you found 9 minutes plus injury time in the second period of the 2019 decider.
Or why such concluded when L D grabbed the equaliser....

Each time you have officiated in a Cargin game such is always clouded with controversy.

Even us Culchies ca  take opportunity to review the game and to jog your memory.
Creggan scored 9 points in the second period to include 6 from frees all awarded less than  40 metres from the Cargin  posts with several hugely controversial

Will pass no further comment on this issue....just to say you were spotted in attendance when Cargin played their opening game in Ulster club 2019....

Those free stats confirm my thoughts, thanks for that.

Belfast GAA man

the referees who referee our club games are heroes for doing it plain and simple and We would have no games only for them . they have no action replays so mistakes will happen
cut them a bit of slack ffs

Milltown Row2

We have to draw a line under it and move on, on a final note I called MR2 out to explain things only as I know he is on here. Wouldn't be satisfied with any of explanations. What we scored or missed is irrelevant by the way. Foul counts are also irrelevant. Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

On a final note just looked through Tyrone and Cavan threads there and I cant see Martin Hurson or Joe McQuillan on there anywhere explaining their decisions or giving a summary on how one team won or lost the game. Ridiculous what goes on here

You can't have it both ways, ones we're asking why the calls were given, I'm not hiding either. My officiating didn't lose the game, if you believe that then fine. I've no axe to grind, it suits though others to find other reasons for losing. I can't think of any tbf.

Nobody makes suggestion that you were responsible for Cargin losing but nobody in Toome will forget how you found 9 minutes plus injury time in the second period of the 2019 decider.

Each time you have officiated in a Cargin game such is always clouded with controversy.

Even us Culchies ca  take opportunity to review the game and to jog your memory.
Creggan scored 9 points in the second period to include 6 from frees all awarded less than  40 metres from the Cargin  posts with several hugely controversial

Will pass no further comment on this issue....just to say you were spotted in attendance when Cargin played their opening game in Ulster club 2019....

WTF does this even mean? I follow all our teams in Ulster, hurling and football...I'm cheering on our teams, not the away teams!

It was 8 minutes and watch it back, you'll see I stopped my watch for every break, Cargin's first championship loss with me looking after the game, come on, ya have to do better than that.

As the song says, let it go, let it go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 03:29:26 PM

WTF does this even mean? I follow all our teams in Ulster, hurling and football...I'm cheering on our teams, not the away teams!

It was 8 minutes and watch it back, you'll see I stopped my watch for every break, Cargin's first championship loss with me looking after the game, come on, ya have to do better than that.

As the song says, let it go, let it go

What he's trying to say is you are not allowed to watch any matches at all, only go to the ones you referee!!!!! He's an idiot, stop wasting your time on him

imtommygunn

Did you have your Derrygonnelly top on you MR  ;D

Calm Down

First rule of war, know your enemy, MR2 has been lining up bringing down Cargin for some time

On a serious note I would think his pay masters in Totes and your man McKauige would have much love for Cargin being LD men  ???, just saying

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2021, 04:21:49 PM
Did you have your Derrygonnelly top on you MR  ;D
No top but was with his mates from the Hill just in front of a couple of Cargin  lads and he certainly was not in green.

Cheered a lot but perhaps he thought Cargin had changed their colours......or maybe not.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on November 05, 2021, 04:22:38 PM
First rule of war, know your enemy, MR2 has been lining up bringing down Cargin for some time

On a serious note I would think his pay masters in Totes and your man McKauige would have much love for Cargin being LD men  ???, just saying

Ah, are we getting to the real reason here? Seriously lads, get over yourselves, no one cares who wins.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Working with a wee lad on creggan panel today, they obviously have their heads screwed on and well coached on small talk. Gave the usual it'll be tight and Aghagallon are good side, both possibly true but I got feeling they've been instructed!

JimStynes

Quote from: rogercasement on November 05, 2021, 05:06:24 PM
Working with a wee lad on creggan panel today, they obviously have their heads screwed on and well coached on small talk. Gave the usual it'll be tight and Aghagallon are good side, both possibly true but I got feeling they've been instructed!

It could be a tanking very handy. Is this their 3rd final in 4 years?

BealnaBlath

Jeez lads this is becoming ridiculous. I've heard people give off about MR2 before for not being strong enough to the McCanns and giving them soft frees amd got them out of jail in championship matches before with it (which is nonsense also). The only reason I'm saying it is that it shows people will always look for excuses and if MR2 wasn't from the club he was I doubt the Toome boys be giving off as much. I remember a game in championship where they were winning by 20 plus points and still giving off abuse about referees when the opposition got  couple scores. I have some good friends in Toome who are embarrassed by a section of the support and the abuse they give to officials. A great club with great success, beaten by a better team. Accept your defeat with grace. The great teams usually do, you are better than coming to this for why you were beat.

JimStynes

Aghagallon and Creggan u15s in the Breslin Final and this weekend too.

EOC1923

Quote from: rogercasement on November 05, 2021, 05:06:24 PM
Of the Creggan people I have met they; have the week booked off after, it's in the bag, aghagallon we're lucky to qualify out of their group etc. And I'm not joking. This is not players saying this it was supporters but that's Creggan's main threat, thinking sub consciously it's already won. But I'm sure McNulty working on this already.
It's set up to be a good game between two good teams.

123Bigball

They would need to be careful, starting to sound abit like their neighbours Cargin. Supporters chirping about the run they were going to have in Ulster this year maybe affected the squad at the weekend

Saffronaldo

I would say both the previous posters have fair points there. Cargin minds definitely seemed focussed on Ulster this year, maybe a case of taking the eye off the ball a wee bit.

I've also gotten the impression that quite a few folk round Creggan see this final as a mere formality and there's a danger there that they've played their final already in a way, having finally gotten one over their old foes.