Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 05, 2021, 01:57:06 PM
Ive had a few friendly digs with MR2 over the years but hes the balls to come on and try to justify his decisions

Too much talk about refs - its because youve one on here and yis are at him steady for his view even when hes not involved never mind when he is. Einstein wouldnt be in it

Anyway, feel a bit dirty now as hes nahin but a heure 😃

You Lurgan lot are dirty halions anyways
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Not even right County MR2 but im playin nice today 😉

geezer

If your team wins, the ref if the best in the county.
If your team loses, its the refs fault.
And thats the way it will be until the end of time

Maybe, just maybe only scoring 0-2 in a half when you have the mccans, shivers, gribben etc is the reason cargin lost? But sure blame the ref 😃

EOC1923

Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 02:05:31 PM

Maybe, just maybe only scoring 0-2 in a half when you have the mccans, shivers, gribben etc is the reason cargin lost? But sure blame the ref 😃
Who blamed the ref?

geezer

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 02:20:03 PM

Who blamed the ref?

Your previous post seems to suggest it. Who is to blame for the mighty cargin getting beat then? Cassidy?
Players?
Ref?
Creggan just the better team?

There has to be some excuse so what is it?

johnnycool

Who blamed the ref?

Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 01:40:22 PM
As above for me, I agree with all that..

We have to draw a line under it and move on, on a final note I called MR2 out to explain things only as I know he is on here. Wouldn't be satisfied with any of explanations. What we scored or missed is irrelevant by the way. Foul counts are also irrelevant. Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

On a final note just looked through Tyrone and Cavan threads there and I cant see Martin Hurson or Joe McQuillan on there anywhere explaining their decisions or giving a summary on how one team won or lost the game. Ridiculous what goes on here

What a ridiculous post.

Saffronaldo

I don't think people were making excuses, I think most  people agree Creggan deserved their win. The concerns were raised over a number of questionable refereeing decisions at crucial moments which all seemed to favour one side over the other. As a concerned neutral, I don't think it was an acceptable performance at Senior Championship level.

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on November 05, 2021, 02:34:32 PM

We have to draw a line under it and move on, on a final note I called MR2 out to explain things only as I know he is on here. Wouldn't be satisfied with any of explanations. What we scored or missed is irrelevant by the way. Foul counts are also irrelevant. Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

On a final note just looked through Tyrone and Cavan threads there and I cant see Martin Hurson or Joe McQuillan on there anywhere explaining their decisions or giving a summary on how one team won or lost the game. Ridiculous what goes on here

What a ridiculous post.
Hows that?

EOC1923

Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 02:30:45 PM

Who blamed the ref?

Your previous post seems to suggest it. Who is to blame for the mighty cargin getting beat then? Cassidy?
Players?
Ref?

Seems to suggest it? No one blamed MR2 for our defeat, just calling out a poor performance from him with some bizarre calls. Are referees immune from criticism or is it just players and managers who can be criticised? You can read back and see I said Creggan deserved to go through.

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 02:40:57 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 05, 2021, 02:34:32 PM

What a ridiculous post.
Hows that?

As said above by others. You call him out and then when he explains his decisions, you criticise him for doing it.

geezer

You asked him to explain his decisions and he did then you went on about cavan and tyrone boards! Made no sense whatsoever.

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 02:43:40 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 02:30:45 PM

Who blamed the ref?

Players?
Ref?

Seems to suggest it? No one blamed MR2 for our defeat, just calling out a poor performance from him with some bizarre calls. Are referees immune from criticism or is it just players and managers who can be criticised? You can read back and see I said Creggan deserved to go through.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 01:45:39 PM

You can't have it both ways, ones we're asking why the calls were given, I'm not hiding either. My officiating didn't lose the game, if you believe that then fine. I've no axe to grind, it suits though others to find other reasons for losing. I can't think of any tbf.

Nobody makes suggestion that you were responsible for Cargin losing but nobody in Toome will forget how you found 9 minutes plus injury time in the second period of the 2019 decider.
Or why such concluded when L D grabbed the equaliser....

Each time you have officiated in a Cargin game such is always clouded with controversy.

Even us Culchies ca  take opportunity to review the game and to jog your memory.
Creggan scored 9 points in the second period to include 6 from frees all awarded less than  40 metres from the Cargin  posts with several hugely controversial

Will pass no further comment on this issue....just to say you were spotted in attendance when Cargin played their opening game in Ulster club 2019....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 05, 2021, 02:55:49 PM

You can't have it both ways, ones we're asking why the calls were given, I'm not hiding either. My officiating didn't lose the game, if you believe that then fine. I've no axe to grind, it suits though others to find other reasons for losing. I can't think of any tbf.

Nobody makes suggestion that you were responsible for Cargin losing but nobody in Toome will forget how you found 9 minutes plus injury time in the second period of the 2019 decider.

Each time you have officiated in a Cargin game such is always clouded with controversy.

Even us Culchies ca  take opportunity to review the game and to jog your memory.
Creggan scored 9 points in the second period to include 6 from frees all awarded less than  40 metres from the Cargin  posts with several hugely controversial

Will pass no further comment on this issue....just to say you were spotted in attendance when Cargin played their opening game in Ulster club 2019....

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 02:35:46 PM
I don't think people were making excuses, I think most  people agree Creggan deserved their win. The concerns were raised over a number of questionable refereeing decisions at crucial moments which all seemed to favour one side over the other. As a concerned neutral, I don't think it was an acceptable performance at Senior Championship level.

Like I said before, you can PM me details and I'll pass them on to the relevant officers and they will arrange for you to do the course. either here or Tyrone. You'd be amazing at it, I'd say Lleyton Hewitt standard, no where near the best tennis playing standards of Novak  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffronaldo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 02:56:42 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 05, 2021, 02:55:49 PM

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 02:35:46 PM

Like I said before, you can PM me details and I'll pass them on to the relevant officers and they will arrange for you to do the course. either here or Tyrone. You'd be amazing at it, I'd say Lleyton Hewitt standard, no where near the best tennis playing standards of Novak  :D

Not sure what the tennis reference.is about, but disappointing to see the tired old defence of "you do the course".

If I see incompetence I'm entitled to call it out, I don't have to take up a whistle to do it.