Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: bannside on December 18, 2019, 03:32:58 PM
Barry Dillon still with us, Cassidy remains at Cargin, Adam's who had without question two extremely poor seasons at St John's has somehow managed to end up in Burren!

Think Fitzy is hanging on for another crack at St Endas after a poor term last year no doubt caused by fatigue. Martin Lynch has the hard work done at LD just needs to keep that momentum going to be in next years mix, so he's hanging on too.  Wee Gerard Mc Nulty taking over the reigns at Creggan from Kevin Madden.

Anyone with any more info to add to that in Div 1 or other divisions for that matter?

Niall Ward  taking over at Gorts .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on December 18, 2019, 05:29:59 PM
As far as opinions are concerned I am all for them, however constructive criticism as opposed to just blanket nastiness across the board is what I seek.

M Moran and O'Boyle I agree are men who have had better days, however keep games at a lower level going when others wont. McDermatt from Whitehill, I have seen him a few times and I think if the teams want to play football he will let the game go, however if teams want to engage in nonsense I will agree that he may try to take too firm grip off a game.

Tomas is a decent young ref, however will attitudes like you chase him away and McCotter et al, are they not at the wrong stage to be improved and be the difference to the future?

DID  you ever consider it might be the teams that are contributors to the spectacle and not the ref?? Also where is your solution to helping, I for one am past the age for reffing but could you pick up the whistle and be part of the solution not the problem?

This is man (Moan) who says he doesn't give abuse to referees but gets torn into them on a public forum, ignore list for me calm down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rodger Mona

Men this is a forum... what else are you meant to do on it other than criticise or state an opinion. Believe me MR2 if i wanted to get tore into people on this forum i would be kicked off it if i started.

But here il say no more about it, dont want you boys taking anymore hissy fits.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Rodger Mona on December 19, 2019, 08:48:53 AM
Men this is a forum... what else are you meant to do on it other than criticise or state an opinion. Believe me MR2 if i wanted to get tore into people on this forum i would be kicked off it if i started.

I agree with you RM - the point of a forum Is to give opinions and have debates - calling people faceless keyboard warriors is pointless. - Discussion boards are Discussion boards

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 19, 2019, 10:11:09 PM
Quote from: Rodger Mona on December 19, 2019, 08:48:53 AM

I agree with you RM - the point of a forum Is to give opinions and have debates - calling people faceless keyboard warriors is pointless. - Discussion boards are Discussion boards

Debate ok, but ridicule referees players and officials while hiding behind the keyboard is unfair. But if you think its ok...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rodger Mona

MR2 you dont want people saying anything to referees on the pitch, over the fence or criticising them on a forum. Thats the problem with some refs, they cant take criticism and dont want to be scrutinised. Or is it that we are all just snowflakes on here?

Disagree with my points all you want, but do you not find it hypocritical you calling me a p***k, keyboard warrior etc... when youv sat behind a screen and typed that in. Especially when all iv done is gave my view on referees performances and my views on a range of other things relvant to the topics discussed.
I doubt if you werent behind a keyboard you would call too many a p***k so lets not lower the tone on here men

bannside

A bit of criticism is ok here and there but best if it can be of the constructive variety and not of the petty kind. Antrim Gaa is finally going the right way but we have still a long way to go, and the occasional check or balance on that journey does no harm.

Every aspect of what we do can be improved, even the stuff we think we are doing well, and as long as this thread doesn't descend into a slanging match it can serve as a barometer for our thoughts and ambitions.

I've been as guilty as anyone over the years but I think it's too cheap to name names, especially when that person doesn't get the right of reply. For example "such a player is useless nowhere near good enough for county level". That's just too nasty to an amateur player out there doing his best and then gets hung out here to dry. And quite often it's not even necessary because if they aren't good enough they will get found out soon enough.

Calm Down

Bannside you seem like a reasonable chap, would like to hear your views v those expressed by Roger recently

Belfast GAA man

Any word if Cunningham and mcCann are shaping up in their county comebacks ? Think county have been training and playing games for a couple of months now

paddyjohn

Happy Christmas ye filthy animals...

playwiththewind1st

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 20, 2019, 08:27:44 PM
Any word if Cunningham and mcCann are shaping up in their county comebacks ? Think county have been training and playing games for a couple of months now

Have seen Antrim's last few games in UUJ  ;)

Cunningham has equipped himself very well, McCann hasn't been there through injury

bannside

Man in the middle MR.  No doubt you can see up close how we are shaping up. Fair to say I think that the three pre season games to date we have done ok, but sure no one pays too much attention to pre season challenges but fair to say we have been holding our own, noticeably better than say this time last year. Wont matter a jot when Mc Kenna Cup starts in a fortnight and even that dosent matter that much when Paul Galvin brings his Wexford team to Glenavy on 26th January. That's when it matters and we all need to be there to shout the lads to two vital points.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on December 21, 2019, 12:05:43 AM
Man in the middle MR.  No doubt you can see up close how we are shaping up. Fair to say I think that the three pre season games to date we have done ok, but sure no one pays too much attention to pre season challenges but fair to say we have been holding our own, noticeably better than say this time last year. Wont matter a jot when Mc Kenna Cup starts in a fortnight and even that dosent matter that much when Paul Galvin brings his Wexford team to Glenavy on 26th January. That's when it matters and we all need to be there to shout the lads to two vital points.

We've a few players injured or getting close to fitness, but for my limited knowledge of football we are on a better position than last at this stage as i  ;) a couple games last year and we are playing a lot better.

As for Galvin, he's having his own problems at the minute which sound very familiar

Belfast GAA man

We have been lacking players who can score from 40 yards- any of the new lads Looking like they can Do that ? Squad does seem stronger overall