Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBallWeeBall

Don't swallow your Whistle ref. You post didn't make any sense. Obvs you're a biggerand better GAA man than me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on November 21, 2018, 10:39:06 PM
Don't swallow your Whistle ref. You post didn't make any sense. Obvs you're a biggerand better GAA man than me

Ok, keep your pants on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

We have been docked the 2 points for the Aghagallon game and will play Moneyglass in a winner takes all game to see who will progress to the A competition.

The player in question will be banned for how long no one in our club cares as he wont be back in the gates again

No official from Dunloy has been punished and rightfully so as no one done anything wrong on our behalf

Owen Elliott has no Dunloy connections but I must say he and his committee have reached the right decision on this one

We move on

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogieman

Don't get your shorts in a knot mister2, just because you must know ever so much about antriim gaa.

A tad obnoxious.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

haranguerer

Bizarre aright. I wouldn't be too hard on the player either though (not knowing the full ins and outs) - awful stupid thing to do, but young, mebbe had mates playing etc? Shouldn't drive him away for life (assuming he'd genuine reasons for transferring in first place).

bogieman

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on November 22, 2018, 07:37:07 AM
We have been docked the 2 points for the Aghagallon game and will play Moneyglass in a winner takes all game to see who will progress to the A competition.

The player in question will be banned for how long no one in our club cares as he wont be back in the gates again

No official from Dunloy has been punished and rightfully so as no one done anything wrong on our behalf

Owen Elliott has no Dunloy connections but I must say he and his committee have reached the right decision on this one

We move on

Christ, if that's your clubs policy, droop your heads...

A young kid, who wants to play football, makes a mistake and regardless of real reason or juicy gossip, he's getting thrown in the trash bin.

When you lookout for your own wanes, for even longer than 22 years, you understand only some mistakes they make, not all, and try to keep them on track, that's called progress...
transgression, reasoning, punishment, restorative justice, result.

Ijustkeepdroppingballs, be a real gaa/club man and mentor, find that kid, put your arm around him, communicate your pain to him, and get him back playing football again. He'll learn from this hopefully, and maybe become one of you future stalwarts; Be a mature man, a real man.

Ps his registration details are bound to be correct by now....
Pss keep an eye on him

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

its probably a fair solution to this but at the same time a bit unfair on the players to be yet again asked to play another game.

our lads played a school game Tuesday after playing an ulster hurling final on the Sunday and then an U21 game Tuesday night. this is yet another game for them to play in what seems to be an never ending season.

but as i said its probably a fair outcome from the whole thing as under the rules we did field a player who was over age
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on November 22, 2018, 07:47:44 AM
Don't get your shorts in a knot mister2, just because you must know ever so much about antriim gaa.

A tad obnoxious.

You'll need thicker skin than that being on here.. don't be a snowflake

Hectic

In the circumstances it seems a fair outcome. However are we not at the mercy of regulations as with other things discussed here?

Firstly do these groups fall under the league regulations (again discussed previously) and if so does it not then move on to C i.e. highest score for? Or are there other regulations for when a team has to forfeit a game.

Yes probably a sensible outcome but are we ignoring regulations in the process on this one? If so a dangerous precedent.

bannside

The matter seems to have been handled sensibly by CCC, it could have got a lot messier and there wouldn't be any winners in that. The extra game DR might be an inconvenience but it's better than some of the other possible outcomes.

Agree with Bogieman too...great post by the way. The kid did the wrong thing (for whatever the reason) but throwing him into oblivion wouldn't be in keeping with the club's or the GAAs welfare policy. He made a mistake as we all do, but the GAA has a much bigger role to play in our communities than fulfilling a sporting competition. As Bogieman says, be bigger than that.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2018, 08:56:50 AM
The matter seems to have been handled sensibly by CCC, it could have got a lot messier and there wouldn't be any winners in that. The extra game DR might be an inconvenience but it's better than some of the other possible outcomes.

Agree with Bogieman too...great post by the way. The kid did the wrong thing (for whatever the reason) but throwing him into oblivion wouldn't be in keeping with the club's or the GAAs welfare policy. He made a mistake as we all do, but the GAA has a much bigger role to play in our communities than fulfilling a sporting competition. As Bogieman says, be bigger than that.

agreed BS.

what it does though is set up a good game between ourselves and Moneyglass if Tuesday night is anything to go by
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

I think the problem here Hectic lies in that there may not have been a precedent. Could be wrong in that. In any event a national inquiry into it would run for months and no one would be playing anything. In this case common sense has been used and I don't think there would be too many objections to this at CC.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Hectic

'Firstly do these groups fall under the league regulations (again discussed previously) and if so does it not then move on to C i.e. highest score for?'

We asked that question but were told it was on head to head basis. We are happy enough with that and the best team will go through on Saturday whether that's us or Moneyglass time will tell

bannside

DR I missed your game on Tuesday but a couple of my son's and their friends were at it, and I believe you got out of jail....or made the comeback of all time depending on what version you believe. I'll definitely make a point of seeing the "replay!