Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well

The man can only be judged by his actions. And as he has only been appointed a matter of hours I think it is a bit early to be criticizing the man. Think quite a few on here need a reality check and lower their expectations in the short term. Personally I wish him every success.

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 10:46:10 PM
Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2017, 10:41:01 PM
Utter madness.  Build on fitzys work??? Ffs.     As for pleasing the SW players, just once appoint a suitable SW man and not one of the boys.  Just take a look at the last 50 years - the only glimpse of success we had was with a non west belfast man.  Just try something different rather than repeat the same formula for underachievement every year.  West belfast man-check.  Trainings in belfast - check. Every man, woman, child in west belfast gets a trial game in the league - check. Parachute belfast 'stars' in the week before ulster championship - check.  Utter failure in ulster championship - check. Repeat ad nauseum.

Im sure lenny is a really nice guy...but...he is just another cliche antrim manager

Who was on the panel to pick a manager? Was there any SW men on it? Oh wait

Mr2, you know you should never bite the hand that feeds you

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2017, 10:49:36 PM
Utter madness.  Build on fitzys work??? Ffs.     As for pleasing the SW players, just once appoint a suitable SW man and not one of the boys.  Just take a look at the last 50 years - the only glimpse of success we had was with a non west belfast man.  Just try something different rather than repeat the same formula for underachievement every year.  West belfast man-check.  Trainings in belfast - check. Every man, woman, child in west belfast gets a trial game in the league - check. Parachute belfast 'stars' in the week before ulster championship - check.  Utter failure in ulster championship - check. Repeat ad nauseum.

Im sure lenny is a really nice guy...but...he is just another cliche antrim manager

Never bite the hand tbat feeds you

Does a dark cloud follow you everywhere?

They were hardly getting paid for searching for a manager ffs! Jesus you really are dumb..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bit of banter

Sure its all Belfasts fault.
Spike all the success at senior level the last 50 years has been from Belfast clubs so i suppose thats why they have got the nod for the jobs. Everyone knows North Antrim run the county even the football which they dont even allow their clubs to play maybe they see lennys appointment being a better result for the Antrim hurlers .

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 10:56:47 PM
Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2017, 10:49:36 PM

Never bite the hand tbat feeds you

Does a dark cloud follow you everywhere?

They were hardly getting paid for searching for a manager ffs! Jesus you really are dumb..

Rich coming from a pleb who spouts about all things antrim and didnt know who was in for the job.  A man obviously  with his finger on the pulse. Not a scooy do u have.

I for one sincerely hope Lenny proves to be a success, but it will be luck not good planning by the antrim.board

Spike

Quote from: bit of banter on September 25, 2017, 11:05:35 PM
Sure its all Belfasts fault.
Spike all the success at senior level the last 50 years has been from Belfast clubs so i suppose thats why they have got the nod for the jobs. Everyone knows North Antrim run the county even the football which they dont even allow their clubs to play maybe they see lennys appointment being a better result for the Antrim hurlers .
[/quot

Im not blaming belfast - i want to see a change in tack.

Thats quite the conspiracy theory tho!

bit of banter

What makes mckeever a suitable sw man. Id say his current club team wont be happy with all this hype about him getting the Antrim job, shows a real lack of ambition to succeed with them. Maybe their happy to be an after thought .

breakingball

To do the same thing repeatedly and expect different results is a sign of madness - Einstein.

Looking like more of the same for our footballers for the foreseeable future. Sign 😣😣😣

Galer

Good luck lenny but i feel its just jobs for the boys again.
Has there ever been a south west manager?

Galer

Not slating the man as im sure he is  a very capable man just feel amtrim have missed a trick in terns of bringing us out of the dark ages and into a new professional era.hope im wrong

bit of banter

Galer
Who should have got the job in your eyes and what makes u think he would have taken us out of the dark ages

Galer

O rourke and mckeever are involved in ultra professional setups and would have brought that with them.the budget lenny has set himself is just more of the same,sure hes a better manager than previous but in the modern game especially county level finance is paramount,i hope he does well i just feel that success at this level isnt achievable at this level with his budget.ffs carlow had a backroom team of 16.who has lenny got?

bit of banter

Ok lets round up 20 sw men give them expenses totaling around 100,000 a year and we will pick up sam within the next 3 years sure if its backroom men we need lets just go get them. Forget about the players.

Well

No matter if you appointed Lenny, O'Rourke or McKeever they all would have had same budget ffs. Issue remains Antrim need their best players all buying into the county set up from the outset.

Galer

Didnt say that.. but its damm good idea.
Why would players buy into a second rate system again and again.most senior clubs in antrim have a better set up than antrim.in derry,down and tyrone all senior sides have a better set up.what is lenny going to change?