Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Ha! Only one man can do that. I must have had good reason to block you :) But in the spirit of Matt Fitzpatrick I'll unblock if you want, although the official county twitter is much more active these days.

Gizzy15

Quote from: bogieman on May 17, 2017, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: Hectic on May 17, 2017, 01:49:59 PM
Probably just that thing that when a McCooey is talking to you, you automatically assume he is trying to hoodwink you.

best now that they have a good derry man on the job...

why all the claptrap now then; new evidence shows an man attacking Matthew, he defends himself, case over for antrim.

PS Stevie G. only thought the DJ was going to hit him when he acted in self defence...

....Vindicate the saffron 1 now....

So can we expect a hefty ban for the man attacking matthew as he owned up to feck all during the whole process and Im sure at some stage of the "who done it" he would have been asked to identify the grainy picture and to maybe also cast his mind back to who supposedly thumped him (assuming he got gubbed)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 18, 2017, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: bogieman on May 17, 2017, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: Hectic on May 17, 2017, 01:49:59 PM
Probably just that thing that when a McCooey is talking to you, you automatically assume he is trying to hoodwink you.

best now that they have a good derry man on the job...

why all the claptrap now then; new evidence shows an man attacking Matthew, he defends himself, case over for antrim.

PS Stevie G. only thought the DJ was going to hit him when he acted in self defence...

....Vindicate the saffron 1 now....

So can we expect a hefty ban for the man attacking matthew as he owned up to feck all during the whole process and Im sure at some stage of the "who done it" he would have been asked to identify the grainy picture and to maybe also cast his mind back to who supposedly thumped him (assuming he got gubbed)

It's over now, i'd say we'd be better to move on.

You & I both know that you don't always get the results that you want at appeals..  ;)

bannside

The Gaa is a hell of an organisation...but occasionally knows how to shoot itself in the foot in spectacular style. I might be well off the mark here because as Brendan said there are parts of this jigsaw we won't fully know....but at first glance it appears that the minute Joe Brolly decided to take up Matt Fitz's cause, the high brass in HQ didn't fancy themselves as much and threw in the towel. Joe would have had some field day at their expense...and still might in spite of their spectacular U turn.

BrendanAntrim

If the clip posted by @indosport is what caused this whole fuss....well what a joke. I swear it's nothing more than u see at any game at any level. A disgraceful waste of everyone's time and effort. 

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 18, 2017, 09:55:42 PM
If the clip posted by @indosport is what caused this whole fuss....well what a joke. I swear it's nothing more than u see at any game at any level. A disgraceful waste of everyone's time and effort.

FFS sake gotta agree BB......saw the Indo clip as well....and those 'unpaid volunteers' in Croke whe decided on  penalty for that please take a bow.
Seen far worse in an under-8 game and in the words of J Brolly the whole thing was complete bollox.

general_lee

Then why not just take the one match ban instead of lying?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on May 19, 2017, 01:25:04 AM
Then why not just take the one match ban instead of lying?

Nope we wanted to make a drama out of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Points a Good Score

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 18, 2017, 10:21:03 PM

FFS sake gotta agree BB......saw the Indo clip as well....and those 'unpaid volunteers' in Croke whe decided on  penalty for that please take a bow.
Seen far worse in an under-8 game and in the words of J Brolly the whole thing was complete bollox.

Great news that Matt Fitzpatrick is cleared to play as we will need all our best available out to challenge Donegal, however I would disagree with your summaries of the clip he strikes out at the Armagh player, the amount of contact is irrelevant as the rule states striking or attempting to strike, for which he was handed a 1 match ban the penalty that was retrospectively handed down as you well know was not for the original incident.

However the important thing is the player is now available and Antrim go in as strong as they possible can. Will be a tough day at the office and a chance for a few of the younger lads to put their hand up for the future.

general_lee

And this is what  the antrim footballers got in a hissy fit over and wrote a collective letter slating the county board over? I suppose things worked out for the best as he's available to face Donegal, but by god he should be embarrassed

country bumpkin

Quote from: general_lee on May 19, 2017, 01:52:42 PM
And this is what  the antrim footballers got in a hissy fit over and wrote a collective letter slating the county board over? I suppose things worked out for the best as he's available to face Donegal, but by god he should be embarrassed
Approaching beatification General Lee or a saint already..........?

general_lee

Far from it but I'll not piss on your shoes and tell you it's raining

bannside

Who should be embarrassed. The player? If so explain why exactly!

gallsman

Liam Keane of the CHC spelled it all out quite clearly on Off The Ball today despite Ger Gilroy messing around and going all over the place in the conversation.

Few lads on here should actually familiarise themselves with the facts of the matter before spouting off.

He's got off, everyone will take it, but Christ he, the country board and the panel should be embarrassed at how they've got on.