Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2017, 09:54:29 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 14, 2017, 09:18:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2017, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 14, 2017, 06:36:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2017, 02:42:27 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 12, 2017, 12:00:30 PM
Looked for MR2 at Milltown on Wed nite but failed to locate....perhaps he left early  :)

Perhaps he is refereeing, helping the county, helping the club in other ways ;)
Indeed he was spotted on the Boucher road.......

There ya go, internet up and running in Toome now, simple search and Bobs your uncle!

On our game v Cargin the lads are happy enough with their game albeit letting an 11 point advantage slip through their fingers...

Happy indeed.....Cargin haven't won at Milltown in the league for a while.......but had a few new faces included and pleased.......surprised Gall's let a ten point advantage drift away and in fact only scored 1-01 in nearly 50 minutes.
But hey that is the league and I think Cargin have finally learned the lesson, 'The league is for playing in and ..........you know the rest. :)

Aye we were at full strength and would be happy only getting beat by the bare minimum by the best team in Antrim... if we could improve on that then we might have a chance...
indeed ;)

country bumpkin

The tyrants of Croke......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on May 16, 2017, 10:17:24 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 16, 2017, 10:09:39 AM

48 week suspension for Matthew Fitzpatrick from CHC after "new evidence" came to light (according to Hoganstand).  Players drafting a new letter?

Jesus 48 weeks? What the hell did he do to warant that? That include club games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2017, 10:23:40 AM

48 week suspension for Matthew Fitzpatrick from CHC after "new evidence" came to light (according to Hoganstand).  Players drafting a new letter?

Jesus 48 weeks? What the hell did he do to warant that? That include club games?

Irish News had something about misleading an investigation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 16, 2017, 10:41:33 AM

So he'd been punished for the incident (got off and then punished again, rightly or wrongly i never seen it) and now Croke Park and punishing him again for misleading their investigation? so punishment for whatever he done and a double whammy of the misleading? that seems a very strong sentence
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: AQMP on May 16, 2017, 10:51:46 AM

Is that telling porkies?

Its the Irish News also lol..

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

So he'd been punished for the incident (got off and then punished again, rightly or wrongly i never seen it) and now Croke Park and punishing him again for misleading their investigation? so punishment for whatever he done and a double whammy of the misleading? that seems a very strong sentence

I'll agree with you this once Mr2 lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on May 16, 2017, 10:51:46 AM

Is that telling porkies?

I'm sure most people that played have been through some sort of Disciplinary procedures and when they sat in front of the panel they have tried to make the incident to be not as bad as it was reported by the referee... misleading but it never resulted in a two year suspension!!

Was up twice before, football games ffs, one i was guilty as sin and i accepted it square on the chin, the other i was the victim of being hit from behind and turned to defend myself with the ref sending both of us off!! the usual, ah they are both fighting so red card them both! tried to explain it and it fell on deaf ears and that was that, no appeal just got on with it...

Any proper detail rather than the Hogan stand rubbish that the Irish news used?

country bumpkin

The 'new evidence' was the video they had all along from which the just used 'clips'.
This verdict, and 48 weeks suspension stinks and seems those well paid 'volunteers' who dwell in the dark corridors of Croke are well miffed at being taught rule by a wee Antrim man and taking their pound of flesh from Matthew Fitz...

Hectic

Yeah its hard not to wonder what the outcome would be if it had been Diarmuid Connolly.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on May 16, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
Yeah its hard not to wonder what the outcome would be if it had been Diarmuid Connolly.

I think we know what the outcome would of been.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 16, 2017, 01:12:19 PM

I think we know what the outcome would of been.
A red wrist......

Milltown Row2

Again I'd like to get all the detail before making a judgement, 48 weeks is rough on anyone and it may be the case that Croke park have played the man not the ball here...

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2017, 01:44:45 PM
Again I'd like to get all the detail before making a judgement, 48 weeks is rough on anyone and it may be the case that Croke park have played the man not the ball here...

Quinn also insisted that Fitzpatrick and the Antrim management were advised to accept the original one-match ban which would have ruled the St John's clubman out of the Longford game instead of the Championship clash against Donegal.
.....     "They give you the chance to identify the player. If not, they'll identify them anyway and you'll be 10 times worse. We would then be in line for whatever sanction they deem fit."
----------------------
If he was guilty, he should have taken his oil at the start, they knew the score.
If he's not guilty, argue with facts being careful not to mislead, and if not successful, then take it on the chin.
Would Antrim have 10 matches in 48 weeks ?
Croke may be trying to sort out the appeals system going forward, this is one way of doing it...
It seems now the facts can only come from this video, there'll be a link to it somewhere.
U21's for Sunday then ?
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Gold

That is exactly the example i used to someone earlier!

Max would have been a short ban for him

No bother handing out lengthy suspensions to the Antrim/Carlow/Leitrim man

No chance would that happen to a kerryman/dub

Disgrace
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."