Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Wasn't great, Lamhs played all but one behind the ball for a lots of periods. Very hard to break down!! Anyways two point win will do!  Cargin to beat the final hoodoo over us?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Poor first half with an unusually high amount of wides from St Galls. Lamh Dhearg were four down at HT but we're level within four minutes of the restart.  Only then did you see anything resembling the St Galls we know, quick and decisive movements and one touch football that created enough scoring chances for them to squeeze over the line against a gallant Hannahstown. Cargin supporters will be very confident after that but St Galls second half performance was quite impressive with regard to the way they clawed in front and used all their experience to stay there.

If Cargin can produce their A game for a full hour it should be enough.

C

paddyjohn

Now I've defrosted a wee bit, I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking final. St Galls were very good in the second with CJ making the difference. Sean Kelly is still the class act that he was has been. Chris Kerr's kick outs were very good and found his own men more times that not when forced to go long. I'm not sure about the final now. My previous prediction could be under reconsideration!

Cargin will fancy making it 2 in a row but St Galls won't be an easy task.

MR2, Kevin McGourty not play anything at all now?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2016, 12:41:01 AM
Now I've defrosted a wee bit, I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking final. St Galls were very good in the second with CJ making the difference. Sean Kelly is still the class act that he was had been. Chris Kerr's kick outs were very good and found his own men more times that not when forced to go long. I'm not sure about the final now. My previous prediction could be under reconsideration!

No not at all ...

We'll play against a different style when we play Cargin in the final so it may suit us .. an open game, I'd say on reflection we can improve on that performance. We'd need to reduce the amount of frees we gave away and stop talking back to the referee who rightly moved the ball forward into scoreable positions...

Early ball is vital with Lamhs behind the ball so much it was hard to get ball through until we started to break their lines. Frees were won and we pushed on!! Lamhs were very disciplined and unlucky, think they have more in them should they have the freedom to play football and not that defensive crap
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2016, 08:09:34 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2016, 12:41:01 AM
Now I've defrosted a wee bit, I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking final. St Galls were very good in the second with CJ making the difference. Sean Kelly is still the class act that he was had been. Chris Kerr's kick outs were very good and found his own men more times that not when forced to go long. I'm not sure about the final now. My previous prediction could be under reconsideration!

No not at all ...

We'll play against a different style when we play Cargin in the final so it may suit us .. an open game, I'd say on reflection we can improve on that performance. We'd need to reduce the amount of frees we gave away and stop talking back to the referee who rightly moved the ball forward into scoreable positions...

Early ball is vital with Lamhs behind the ball so much it was hard to get ball through until we started to break their lines. Frees were won and we pushed on!! Lamhs were very disciplined and unlucky, think they have more in them should they have the freedom to play football and not that defensive crap

Agree with the last sentence here. The puke stuff served up by them in the first half didn't do them justice at all.

country bumpkin

Although Galls are but a shadow of their former selves and they did struggle to get the better of an understrength L D they are certainly not lacking in guile.

We may well start as favourites but really need to be on top of ur game.

Where is the final to be played?

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 06, 2016, 03:29:19 PM
Although Galls are but a shadow of their former selves and they did struggle to get the better of an understrength L D they are certainly not lacking in guile.

We may well start as favourites but really need to be on top of ur game.

Where is the final to be played?

Surely Ahoghill. They'd hardly take it to Corrigan would they?

country bumpkin

Corrigan is the place....Sun 16th at 3....poor viewing and loss ov revenue.....but a plus for Cargin who havent lost there for years.

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 06, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
Corrigan is the place....Sun 16th at 3....poor viewing and loss ov revenue.....but a plus for Cargin who havent lost there for years.

Awful choice. Think I'll go to the Derry final

country bumpkin

Gate will be small....in comparison viewing restricted but strings are obviously being pulled ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 06, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
Gate will be small....in comparison viewing restricted but strings are obviously being pulled ;)

Well that's a surprise .. be hardly any country ones coming down!!

Jeepers Creepers

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 06, 2016, 09:47:26 PM
Corrigan? Really?

County will do anything to ensure it's not a clean sweep by the south west. 😜

Milltown Row2

Corrigan? Really?

You'll hardly be watching it if it had been in Glenariffe you'd not be there!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2016, 10:09:51 PM
Corrigan? Really?

County will do anything to ensure it's not a clean sweep by the south west. 😜

Seismic shift with the South west winning everything! Wow!! Watch out Croker  8)