Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

its a case of us playing our best football to get there by beating teams better than us. when we get to the final we seem to have just ran out of steam which is a pity as they have worked seriously hard to get there.Staying in Div 2 was the main aim and that was achieved so they can use this year to build back up again.

What we still have is the unique chance to win a minor football title to add to the hurling title as well. Our camogs won the minor B championship so we have a chance of a treble of minor titles for the first time ever.
hurl like f**k boi!

JimStynes

Tough day for football but we got the win anyway. Fair played to Dunloy but I just thought we were the better side all over the park. I was very worried we got Dunloy in the final as I know they're a championship side but On a dry day I think we could have won handy enough. Great celebrations this past 2 days and now back at it again for the first Ulster game. Apparently a very strong Fermanagh team awaits us!

delgany

2 black cards  and 5 reds at end of Junior Final - interesting finish !

micko12368

The referee lost of the run of himself in the junior match. very hard on Glenravel whole match, let Antrim off with a lot of heavy tackles.  2 from each shown straight reds at the end  though not sure what for. Antrim also had 2 players with black cards and another with two yellows for lack of discipline. Poor enough game but best team won.

Milltown Row2

Seems our game is up in Ahogill on wed night!! Two Belfast teams ??? Why not the Dub under lights??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Is there not a club in Belfast with proper regulation floodlights, apart from QUB? Sad state of affairs if true.

We are into the last three days of fundraising for our own. Over £4k sold tonight alone, over 20 cars out all over the province. Hard work but the year flew in since we started. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 26, 2016, 11:38:31 PM
Is there not a club in Belfast with proper regulation floodlights, apart from QUB? Sad state of affairs if true.

We are into the last three days of fundraising for our own. Over £4k sold tonight alone, over 20 cars out all over the province. Hard work but the year flew in since we started.

I doubt there is! Lamhs have lights I think pretty poor though I think...

It's an awful state of affairs bannside ...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2016, 11:08:06 PM
Seems our game is up in Ahogill on wed night!! Two Belfast teams ??? Why not the Dub under lights??
[/quote The Dub would indeed be the logical choice MR2 but search in vain for logic in our county......the same people have fixed under-16 county finals involving both Cargin and St Johns on Sunday next at Dunsilly ........guess what CCC both those two are involved in a senior semi at Glenavy on the same day.

imtommygunn

The Dub isn't really antrim's or an antrim ground though.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 27, 2016, 08:53:16 AM

Maybe not, but surely it would of been a logical choice.

imtommygunn

Assuming it was a choice yes...

Milltown Row2

Seen/played and refereed plenty of antrim club games there over the years

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 27, 2016, 09:18:09 AM

Maybe not, but surely it would of been a logical choice.

No flags of anthems allowed there AFAIK

paddyjohn

I thought it was because the showers were cold.

theskull1

Belfast v Belfast in Belfast = Less gate money   :o :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera