Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: manballandall on June 04, 2015, 09:10:40 AM
Watched the 'two best teams in antrim' last night and albeit both teams were missing a few it was a terrible standard . For me niblock was the only one who looked county standard
Think you may well be a fan of the 'small ball game' mbandall.......or just plain hard to please.......was at the same game on the green sward on the Row and must disagree on ur undoubtedly unbiased opinion expressed thereon................the standard was quite good in a game which finished 1-13 o 1-10.
Whilst I do agree Kevin Niblock had a good game but he was matched in the middle throughout by the equally excellent John Carron, but the undoubtedly best 'player' on view was in fact Chris Kerr, who made several super saves during the sixty minutes and delivered all of his kick outs with the utmost precision.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 05, 2015, 09:21:15 AM
Quote from: manballandall on June 04, 2015, 09:10:40 AM
Watched the 'two best teams in antrim' last night and albeit both teams were missing a few it was a terrible standard . For me niblock was the only one who looked county standard
Think you may well be a fan of the 'small ball game' mbandall.......or just plain hard to please.......was at the same game on the green sward on the Row and must disagree on ur undoubtedly unbiased opinion expressed thereon................the standard was quite good in a game which finished 1-13 o 1-10.
Whilst I do agree Kevin Niblock had a good game but he was matched in the middle throughout by the equally excellent John Carron, but the undoubtedly best 'player' on view was in fact Chris Kerr, who made several super saves during the sixty minutes and delivered all of his kick outs with the utmost precision.

When people bring up the goalkeeper as the best player usually its sour grapes by the losing team ;-)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Haven't seen John Carron playing for a while but he is a great fielder who if fit would be a huge addition for Antrim come the qualifiers. If the ball is going to be pumped down the middle we need a bit more height than Mark Sweeney and Conor Murray. Can't see Niall Mc Keever back any time soon unfortunately.

culchie11

MR2 hardly sour grapes from country bumpkin, it was a compliment in my book. kerr is undoubtedly the best keeper in the county & will hopefully be as good a servant to antrim as mcgreevey was. one thing i would say about kerr is he doesnt communicate enough lol
maybe sour grapes if he blamed the ref or something along them lines. sure the league will mean nothing come championship.

bannside still no sign of big niall then, thats disappointing for him, his club & antrim. he would give county a great lift that is needed. do you know hasson didnt feature in fermanagh game?! seems an odd one to me that he didnt even get used as a sub?!
if what u say is true about niblock, i would like to think that it would be sorted as soon as possible, if frank knows about it, he should get it sorted. carron featured rightly i thought in mckenna cup, did he opt out at that stage or what happened?

we will need a shot in the arm for our qualifier match, think the draw is monday morning, which features mostly div 3 & 4 teams. cavan being the toughest team amongst them.

country bumpkin

Could mballandall be related to MR2 ......I wonder.......sour grapes after losing a league game now that's one to consider.
May well be a tad biased in my opinion but that was how I saw it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 05, 2015, 02:10:59 PM
Could mballandall be related to MR2 ......I wonder.......sour grapes after losing a league game now that's one to consider.

I put a wee smiley face on the end of the post, probably lost on you but hey  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

What's up with Niall McKeever BS?

manballandall

I assume then that you're not a fan of the small ball then bumpkin? But yes you are correct I am a fan of the small ball game alongside the big ball game. One of the benefits of having played both codes in a dual club. Yes carron had a good second half and clearly Kerr has been working on his kickouts but I stand by what I said, niblock my man of the match but just my opinion, don't take it personally ;).

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2015, 05:29:53 PM

I put a wee smiley face on the end of the post, probably lost on you but hey  :o
Course ur little smiley face is lost on me MR2......sure although us Culchies/Bumpkins are a wee bit thick and we never ever hear the penny drop. 8)

country bumpkin

Quote from: manballandall on June 05, 2015, 06:36:33 PM
I assume then that you're not a fan of the small ball then bumpkin? But yes you are correct I am a fan of the small ball game alongside the big ball game. One of the benefits of having played both codes in a dual club. Yes carron had a good second half and clearly Kerr has been working on his kickouts but I stand by what I said, niblock my man of the match but just my opinion, don't take it personally ;).
Agree to disagree then Mbandall........

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 05, 2015, 07:06:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2015, 05:29:53 PM

Course ur little smiley face is lost on me MR2......sure although us Culchies/Bumpkins are a wee bit thick and we never ever hear the penny drop. 8)

Ive been waiting on a few pennies to drop for a while ffs!! get it into gear this year or you'll be fishing those league medals outta the Bann  ;)

country bumpkin

U are the man MR2..........hear ur players are taking scuba lessons, but that's between u me and Mballnall of course.. ;)

manballandall

Can't help yourself with the punches bumpkin. At least yours aren't from behind ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 05, 2015, 09:45:00 PM
U are the man MR2..........hear ur players are taking scuba lessons, but that's between u me and Mballnall of course.. ;)

I remember us winning the league once... Highly memorable experience we drank for....... minutes

country bumpkin

Quote from: manballandall on June 05, 2015, 09:51:03 PM
Can't help yourself with the punches bumpkin. At least yours aren't from behind ;)
Now that one is beyond me I fear........