Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 23, 2015, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: shawshank on March 23, 2015, 09:30:20 AM
Wise up, the biggest job in Ulster club football is Crossmaglen, closely followed by Portglenone.  ;) Ballinderry won a competiton that none of the current big championship winners play in. Hardly an achievement worth mentioning. The only achievement here was that nobody got hit by a Ballinderry supporter, ah I forgot, they won, so no bother. ;) ;D :-*

Got it in one. Sad to see Ballinderry lining the pockets of another one of the band of mercenaries moving from club to club. I know they have had outside men before but there are plenty of men in their club more than capable of taking their senior team.

This clique of managers and coaches should all be roaded from the GAA.

Does anyone have a list of current Ulster County champions and where they are from? are there many who won championships with home managers? St Galls and Cross are the only two i can think of off the top of my head

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on March 23, 2015, 12:25:28 PM
Wise up, the biggest job in Ulster club football is Crossmaglen, closely followed by Portglenone.  ;) Ballinderry won a competiton that none of the current big championship winners play in. Hardly an achievement worth mentioning. The only achievement here was that nobody got hit by a Ballinderry supporter, ah I forgot, they won, so no bother. ;) ;D :-*

Got it in one. Sad to see Ballinderry lining the pockets of another one of the band of mercenaries moving from club to club. I know they have had outside men before but there are plenty of men in their club more than capable of taking their senior team.

Does anyone have a list of current Ulster County champions and where they are from? are there many who won championships with home managers? St Galls and Cross are the only two i can think of off the top of my head

Lavey?, I'm sure Bellaghy also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2015, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2015, 04:32:54 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on March 23, 2015, 12:25:28 PM

Lavey?, I'm sure Bellaghy also
What are you sniffing?

Your ma?....Two parts to question, S'Niel current.. List the rest sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

manballandall

Not entirely sure about that HS otherwise why would he ask where they are from. I think he was referring to the managers of the county champions and were they won by home managers . St galls current manager by the way isn't one of them

themac_23

Quote from: hardstation on March 23, 2015, 10:17:19 PM
Quote from: manballandall on March 23, 2015, 08:18:09 PM
Not entirely sure about that HS otherwise why would he ask where they are from. I think he was referring to the managers of the county champions and were they won by home managers . St galls current manager by the way isn't one of them
He was also looking to know where the managers of those teams are from.

Yeah HS you're right, just trying to think on the debate of outside managers and do they really work in comparison to clubmen taking the senior team, is it a myth that outside managers get more out of players?

manandball would you not consider galls manager as a home manager? didnt he play for st galls for a good few years?

themac_23

Quote from: hardstation on March 24, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
Carl McCabe? I know he played for St Johns. Don't think he played for St Galls although his children always have.

Maybe thats where i picked it up wrong, i thought he played for galls for a few years, but his kids could be the link alright

manballandall

Carl played for St. John's , has coached underage for us before taking senior job.
Funny, I had this conversation with a gort man earlier and we both agreed that unless someone has played underage for a club it's hard to look on them as 'clubmen'. Was in reference to people who transfer as they won't be able to sit with their peers and talk about the goings on on and off the pitch from previous years . Thoughts?

Jeepers Creepers

In fairness it's usually the barflys who do all the nostalgia and the blow ins who do a bit of grafting. Everyone should be welcomed with open arms wanting to get involved.

SaffronHeart

So the footballers get the Job done versus Wicklow. Massive game next week in Tullamore hopefully we bring a good support and watch the lads do the Business. CJ kicked big amount of scores again today, its great to see most of the lads buying into it this year.

Milltown Row2

The Gall's lads did rightly yesterday, lets hope this continues... Wasn't at the game but was following it on twitter!! Wicklow got a great start so decent enough effort to get back at them and take a lead of 4 before the tight finish! Hopefully close out games a lot better

culchie11

I see Mick McCann has opted off the county panel now, does anyone know why for?
anymore players leaving or joining panel? Young delargy featured well last couple of years doesnt seem to be getting much game time this year! is duffin from moneyglass due back anytime soon from injury?

Not many of the 2009 team left at this stage!

good luck to the football squad on sunday, will be a mighty achievement if they get the win!

bannside

Will be a good achievement alright Culchie if this team selection can pull off a result. Traditionally we arnt good travellers so I will happily applaud all concerned if we manage to pull out a result.

Mick has pulled out and like Tomas will probably cite work commitments.

Niall Delargy has suffered three hamstring pulls in a row. First was at Antrim training and the second also at Antrim training on his final (5th) pull pelt sprint also at Antrim training after a rigorous 4 week rehab course that involved several 7am stints to a physio in Belfast. Missing Sigerson as a result he was eligible for All Ireland Universities B final for QUB against UCD where it went again for the third time. Almost good to go now but needs game time which he will get with the club. No issues with management and will probably chip away and wait his chance.

Smiley Duffin a class act who should be much higher on county management radar. Good to go but needs the call

SaffronHeart

Mick and Tomas in the huff about being taken off apparently. I respect the commitment they've gave to Antrim in the past but feel they should have stuck around for the championship. Seems a waste doing the hard yards with Mick McGurn then only to leave in April

bannside

If we win on Sunday then plenty will hang around with a high profile play off in Croker on the horizon. Lose on Sunday and there will be a lot of upheaval I suspect.

Rumours circulate about players who are about to be fast tracked onto team/squad and this will leave present starters/panelists  feeling insecure.

Bam and Niblock are expected back in after Easter and rumours persist about a couple of high profile Galls men. Which leaves a lot of uncertainty for those currently doing the hard yards. All part of the tough job that is county management. That's football, and only 15 can start - but in fairness to Fitzy he has brought in good prospects like Matt Fitzpatrick and Chris Mc Guinness both of whom I think are deserving of a place. Saying that I also would be a big fan of Paddy Mc Bride and Ryan Murray neither of whom were down to start on Sunday and I wouldn't be wanting to screw about with their heads at this stage.