Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchie11

Im only siging up if ur the tutor, sure anything u dont know isnt worth knowing lol

very cryptic mibag, but no ur barking up the wrong family tree there!

should be 2 good games on sunday in u21 finals, johnnies & creggan will start as favs but both lamhs & glenravel will give a good account of themselves.

im sure st galls will be looking on this sunday thinging what if!
just a catalogue of injuries caught up on them.

country bumpkin

Think u are due to sign up as a member of the MIBAG appreciation society/fan club C11............meeting to initiate this body/fan club is to be held in Toome soon..................

ManInBlackandGreen

C11 how about actually replying on a lot of the issue's listed in my previous post's and have real discussion instead of just personal attacks, show the posters you can actually have a structured debate/discussion you seem to have an ear somewhere so lets get down to really discussing what is happening out there.

Casement
Dunsilly
Executive
Paying Debts
Clubs being Lied to etc etc
Fundraising
Club Antrim
Player Welfare
Ref Welfare
Underage Development

Ready when you are....

culchie11

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 28, 2014, 06:40:45 AM
C11 how about actually replying on a lot of the issue's listed in my previous post's and have real discussion instead of just personal attacks, show the posters you can actually have a structured debate/discussion you seem to have an ear somewhere so lets get down to really discussing what is happening out there.

Casement -What happens next, your guess is as good as mine, judge still pondering over his decision last i heard
Dunsilly - will open next year in some capacity, with temporary facilities
Executive - not alot just know that some egos r bigger than others, some well respected men some not so well, imo they put themselves forward & i respect them for that others dont have guts for it
Paying Debts - not sure what specifically u mean, court fees?
Clubs being Lied to etc etc - again not sure what u mean, u obviously know more than me as i said anything u dont know isnt worht knowing lol
Fundraising - some working is ongoing but alot more needs to be done to get us where we want to be
Club Antrim - see above
Player Welfare - each club shud look after their own players, but if u mean county players, they get plenty but wud prob look for more, again this is due to funding & other projects coming 1st
Ref Welfare - standard has improved vastly, still wud be behind derry in regard to the way they manage their champ games, some mainly hurling refs still have egos, give respect get respect is a 2 way thing. welfare for them as far as i know they now do rules & fitness tests, have seminars on new rules, get expenses, u obv know more than me on this & will disagree but i think they get fair treatment
Underage Development - dev squads have been better this year than previous years, hopefully that trend can continue, still a long way to go. bannside had mentioned previously the way other counties wud put us to shame

Ready when you are....

bannside

St Johns did enough yesterday to beat Lamh Dhearg to claim the last football silverware of the year. Good to see both teams showing proper discipline too. If St Johns can keep the Johnstons playing football they have a great chance of being a serious force in the next few years. Personally I would have started Paddy Mc Bride at 11, at the end of the day it was he took the game by the scruff of the neck and reminded us of his fantastic ability and got his team across the line. And Ryan Murray showed us some sublime glimpses of why he is one of the hottest talents in Ulster. Worth the admission money to watch these two alone, and overall two good teams going head to head.

But in the end it was St Johns players total unselfishness and ability to keep the ball that made the difference. You can see that they have been exceptionally well coached in their youth (this team won the feile) and thats standing to them still.

Two Hands FFS

Suprised St Johns turned up. Fair play to them

Peileadoir

The U-21 draws the domestic season to a close. Johnnies have a lot of very good young footballers although their problem is that some of the ones that Bannside mentioned will always prioritise hurling and this may be to the detriment of their future prospects at senior level. Hopefully they can give the Ulster Club U-21 championship a good crack. Antrim clubs are usually fairly competitive within Ulster from U-16 right up to senior with Portglenone beating the Derry champs last year in this competition. Prospects look bleak for Rossa in the Ulster Minor club with them due to play Glen (going for 4 in a row). I see they took a walloping in the minor league final yesterday from St. Enda's. Surprised at that! Would have thought that with winning the county minor championship that they were all set to give Ulster a run!

Milltown Row2

St johns for senior championship then.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jdyok

You'll win nothing with kids... ;)

Points a Good Score

3 good games yesterday by all accounts, great to see them being officiated by 3 good up and coming referees as well, its a thankless task at times but their appears to be a good number of young referees coming through in the county at the minute. Hopefully this trend continues

bannside

Good to see St John's back winning football titles.  They are a big brand Antrim club and the county has always done well when we had a strong Johnnies. Think most of them will stick at it given the fantastic amount of medals they have accumulated and whilst the dual player thing may have a downside sure it's a nice problem for them to have to deal with balancing that. 

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2014, 12:20:19 PM
St johns for senior championship then.

I love how you like to shake the tree and see if anything falls out, but in the next few years someone will have to step up to the plate and win a championship. will it be St Johns?? maybe or Cargin?? the unfontunate thing is that whoever it is will only have to be mediocre or just above as St Galls when taken over will not be the same St Galls that dominated for 10+ years. I don't see another club that will win ulster or get to a few club All Ireland finals. I cant at the minute see Antrim football getting back to the level of Div 2 where they were a few years ago and I cant see any future antrim clubs making a big impact outside of the county setting. I hope im wrong but to me yo-yoing between div4 and div3 for the county footballers and a club team that may win one round of the ulster championship is going to be our lot for the next few years.

Milltown Row2

I'm messing of course as you well know.....  ;)

Its up to clubs to get to that standard, but if we keep winning Antrim championships with an aging team then we will never get back to that 'club' standard for a while unfortunately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

C11 I hear your colleagues have ousted GD from the Refs committee, well done use lads, as I said before Donkeys leading Lions! Im sure what comes around will go around.

culchie11

Mibag u sound surprised!

Why wud u keep someone involved in a committee when they publicly say they can't bring themselves to promote what that committee is all about!

Say I was totally against developing casement, well the last committee I would be on is the casement project committee/team!

Stands to sense if u ask me. Whats that saying, u can't run with the hare & hunt with the hounds! U r either for something or ur not.

Don't tell me ur surprised by this news?!