Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Bad day for Antrim in general. All our county championship clubs out first pop. On top of that the Dall get a hammering. Ulster is hard make no mistake about that.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2014, 09:16:43 PM
Messy time of the year. Teams with nil to play for have downed tools long ago. Our seniors have a match tomorrow and about 20 of them have just jumped on a bus in Portglenone to go to a disco in Omagh -  all in fancy dress. Won't be much football played tomorrow!!

Sunday 2nd November 2014
Division 2 Football

2 00 PM   Naomh Seosamh/St Joseph's   1-6   7-6   Roger Casements Portglenone

Did the Glenavy lads go with them !!

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

oneclubonelife

Congratulations Bannside on your clubs good win today away to Glenavy. The players must have looked after themselves last night .Puts everything to bed - senior and senior reserve championship winners and senior and senior reserve league winners plus the U21 championship win and now in the process of defending it. No bad season by any standards

bannside

I wish One Club!  In place of senior c'ship insert intermediate. And in place of senior league insert division two league. But thanks for your kind sentiments. Focus now fully on under twenty ones.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on November 02, 2014, 08:53:47 PM
I wish One Club!  In place of senior c'ship insert intermediate. And in place of senior league insert division two league. But thanks for your kind sentiments. Focus now fully on under twenty ones.

Without making this like a Portglenone appreciation thread, Fair play to the Ports this season. Fantastic achievememt from a super club. Many clubs would be jealous!

oneclubonelife

Quote from: bannside on November 02, 2014, 08:53:47 PM

Mea Culpa Bannside

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on November 02, 2014, 09:16:08 PM
So we've finished 4th in the league this year!! Excellent stuff.

That said, what an odd league table it ended up.

watched a lot of Rossa's matches this year and they deserved 3rd or 4th as their league position at beginning of week was a false one with lack of fixs played due to hurling.

that said, if ever a table showed the true reflection and gulf in class between the top two and the rest, then its this one. Galls n Cargin streets ahead. Creggan still the pretenders and the rest seperated by three points all waiting for the day the top two collapse and die off so they can have a chance.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2014, 07:07:16 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on November 02, 2014, 06:47:02 PM
Lack of scoring power seems to have held St Galls back last few years in Ulster. 0-6 after 10 minutes today looked like that was going to change but only ended up with 0-9

That's the way it goes in Ulster. some you win some you don't, as long as we keep getting a chance then brilliant. Been a fantastic journey that's for sure.

i like most of your posts and you tend to be fair if not a bit sarcy somtimes. But when it comes to St Galls footballers getting beat you tend to get very defensive n talk about past wins as though its ok to lose from now on as the ultimate goal was achieved before. Im only bringing this up as you tend to give a good insight into games including galls hurlers and footballers when they win but when they get beat you go on defensive.

Milltown Row2

Beat by a team in their own back yard. We were down a man in first half...... I cant dwell too much on it really. Sack cloth ashes?

Up by six to nil but hey the better team always wins. Season over like all clubs we get ready for next year.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2014, 10:42:59 PM
Beat by a team in their own back yard. We were down a man in first half...... I cant dwell too much on it really. Sack cloth ashes?

Up by six to nil but hey the better team always wins. Season over like all clubs we get ready for next year.
Yep that's the spirit MR2, 'getting over it and on with it' sure that could be the motto down here in Toome..........like Mister Twain said, "The reports of my/our death have been greatly exaggerated" over the years.............Hands up those who would have suggested that Cargin were finished after yet another poor showing in a county final..........you have been proved wrong in such assumptions many times over the years and you may well be proved wrong again, and again, and again......Cargin are walking at present, possibly in awe, and a little way behind the Milltown men, but we are not finished yet..............2015 is already in focus.............

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2014, 10:42:59 PM

but your season next year realistically starts exactly 365 days from now ! It must be hard for the players to focus, and after one game it's over again  :)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Usually starts first week in January like most clubs! Nothing taken for granted anymore. How'd your club go this year? Well you'd get back on top again?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

"How'd your club go this year" is  great question to put to Hoof MR2. This should be good, lol!

Peileadoir

What odds Gort na Mona and St. Teresa's playing for a draw this week? Draw suits both teams if teams that finish level on points are decided by the head to head scenario as stated in the rule book. in the two games between Gorts and Aghagallon this year the results were A 2-15 Gorts 2-9 and Gorts 2-16 A 2-9. Therefore 1 win each but Gorts have a better scoring difference of +1. in the games between Moneyglass and St. Teresa's again its one win each but St. Teresa's won their game 1-19 to 0-13 whereas Moneyglass only won theirs 0-14 to 0-13. Could we see both teams kick the ball back and forth to one another for 60 mins maybe even a 0-0 TO 0-0 draw. I wouldn't like to be a Moneyglass or Aghagallon player waiting on that result.

bannside

How did Moneyglass get themselves into this position beats me. They were six points up against Glenavy at half time, playing at home, and managed to lose. Apparently the Glenavy manager resigned at half time too in bizarre circumstances. Whatever then happened Glenavy changed their style of play and came back to win the game. Its all in a game.