Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Amateur sport!! Frustrating as a former player and manager but it happens
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oneclubonelife

Bannside-I take it Portglenone are confident that they don't need any thing out of their game tomorrow-doesn't make any sense that the players couldn't go and party next weekend when the league was finished. I thought Portglenone needed a point from their last game to secure the league after the outcome of matches and meetings in the week past?

bannside

In all seriousness though the job of fixtures secretary must be the hardest job of all. How many would fancy it? Portglenone don't need anything out if tomorrow's game to go up as winners. Even if we lose we are level with the second team (StTeresas) but we have a superior head to head.

oneclubonelife

If that thecase congratulations-it has been a good year for yourselves-will you have the samesetupas this year in div 1-are the management going for another year?- wouldbe good for yourselves if it does for abit of continuity

bannside

Not sure if James Mc Grath is staying on for another year or not. There is a lot going on at his own club ( Slaughtneil) too and he has a couple of sons who are very decent prospects, so it's hard to know. He is well thought of round here, but division one and senior championship a totally different animal. Whilst we did well this year we didn't have too much to spare in the finish up. Having said that I would say if you take Cargin and St Galls out of it, there wouldnt be too much in it between the other eight division one teams and the top four in division two. We think we have enough to be competitive in division one but a top six finish probably our target. Still in development mode.

oneclubonelife

I suppose time will tell - good luck to yourselves next year - if he is not back next year as manager there maybe an opening for your successful u21 management or maybe you see an opening for somebody else from with in the club. Will be away back on my work travels on Tuesday and not back to Christmas - keep me informed

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2014, 09:46:22 PM
In all seriousness though the job of fixtures secretary must be the hardest job of all. How many would fancy it? Portglenone don't need anything out if tomorrow's game to go up as winners. Even if we lose we are level with the second team (StTeresas) but we have a superior head to head.
Just who is fixtures secretary Bannside? Do not think we have one.

Saffrongael

Poor from Galls today after going 0-6 to 0-0 up
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 02, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

Rotten, still 8 in a row isn't a bad craic at all, when you go a man down it's hard to get it back. These lads have won the ultimate title, owe the club nothing and still manage to win the county title every year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2014, 04:30:57 PM

Rotten, still 8 in a row isn't a bad craic at all, when you go a man down it's hard to get it back. These lads have won the ultimate title, owe the club nothing and still manage to win the county title every year

Doubt all the players today won All Ireland in 2010
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 02, 2014, 04:43:56 PM

Like I said great bunch of lads. Owe club nothing.

Kidder81

Lack of scoring power seems to have held St Galls back last few years in Ulster. 0-6 after 10 minutes today looked like that was going to change but only ended up with 0-9

CSC

What today's result shows is that the Ulster championship is a crap shoot. You have to have talent and then a lot of small things to go your way.

One man down, enought to derail St Gall's, who must be pissed right now after seeing the Cross result, with Ballinderry already out.

With those two teams  out, St Gall's would have been the most experienced team left.

Still, I would love the mighty Kickhams to have a small fracton of the sucess that the Galls lads have had in the past 10 or so years

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2014, 04:54:20 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 02, 2014, 04:43:56 PM

Like I said great bunch of lads. Owe club nothing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 02, 2014, 06:47:02 PM
Lack of scoring power seems to have held St Galls back last few years in Ulster. 0-6 after 10 minutes today looked like that was going to change but only ended up with 0-9

That's the way it goes in Ulster. some you win some you don't, as long as we keep getting a chance then brilliant. Been a fantastic journey that's for sure.