Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Ballycastle would definitely have the best package in terms of car parking, playing surface and viewing facilities. But apart from supporters of the teams involved, a sizeable portion of the gate is made up of neutrals. Not sure how many neutrals would travel to Ballycastle, especially seeing that many from the city won't travel out as far as Ahoghill , nor to Creggan when the county team is playing.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 19, 2014, 09:05:17 AM
Quote from: manballandall on October 19, 2014, 08:03:56 AM
What a day for ahoghil . Forecast to be pudding down between 1 and 4. Great day for standing on a grass bank.
Am I right in saying that no antrim grounds have terracing that could facilitate a county final?

The dub, everyone could be given headphones so the national anthem could be descret.

There was definitely a national anthem played at the Sigerson and Fitzgibbon finals this year on my telly

country bumpkin

Toome would be an ideal siting for the county football final 2015 methinks...............parking, viewing facilities, accessibility etc all available.................

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2014, 09:44:43 AM
Toome would be an ideal siting for the county football final 2015 methinks...............parking, viewing facilities, accessibility etc all available.................

you aren't holding out much hope that you will be in it then !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

CentreHalfBack

A lot of talk every year that St galls are an aging team?

On Sunday it looked like St Galls had more younger players than Cargin. Can someone post the ages of the Cargin line up? Have they any minor/u21 stars that are going to make the breakthrough to senior?

Going by Sunday, St Galls won't be touched for another 5 years!
New season - new reason

winghalfback

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on October 21, 2014, 10:21:57 AM
A lot of talk every year that St galls are an aging team?

On Sunday it looked like St Galls had more younger players than Cargin. Can someone post the ages of the Cargin line up? Have they any minor/u21 stars that are going to make the breakthrough to senior?

Going by Sunday, St Galls won't be touched for another 5 years!

CentreHalfBack finally found you!

orangeman

Owenbeg or Newry for next year's finals. Go the whole hog.

country bumpkin

In the Cargin team Michael Magill, Gerard O' Boyle, Kieran Close and Tony Scullion are in and around the 30 mark,.....the rest of the team would be in their early/mid 20s............mileage a plenty left within the ranks...............but !!!!! 

imtommygunn

What age is Mick McCann? He seems to have been about a good while now.

country bumpkin

Yep Mick is getting on a bit...............he's a very aged 27.

manballandall

So where did cargin go wrong? Talking to a lot of players after the game and they said they weren't pushed, tested . Cargin all year played a sweeper system yet didnt against us , why? They even allowed us to play one . On top of that they left crozier on pollock for the whole game , pollock won every ball. Now I know Justin is only back from injury but jasus change him or even employ a sweeper to cut it out.
Cargin seemed intent on holding the ball on their own 45, waiting for the runner of the shoulder but they waited so long he was running into a crowd of galls players. I Boyle and magill should have  been hit with quick ball. Again may not have worked but at least try it. Tomas was anonymous after the first 15. Laverty impressed me most from cargin.
We could have won by a lot more considering the 3 goal chances we had . Watching the cargin boys stroll out at half time said a lot to me and the more the second half went on they looked line they had accepted defeat

country bumpkin

U read my mind MBandall, ure spot on...............HS u got that wrong I KNOW................He is 27...............28 next birthday...........won u-21 medal in 2008....................

bannside

Mick is a 1985. Makes him 29.

country bumpkin

I have to take a bow HS.................Michael Cann is 28 and will soon be 29.................the under-21 medal was gained in 2006.........sure he must be finished at such an advanced age!

imtommygunn

No one said he was finished however he is definitely an experienced campaigner!