Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on September 17, 2014, 09:37:47 AM
Wondering if any Antrim clubs are going to sevens tournaments this weekend?

your still alive ! Thank f**k for that, I woke on Sat morning to the headline "Lord bannside dead"
I was worried for a while thinking that man is going to miss the county final !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Fair play to St Galls. Two finals coming up and still doing Kilmacud. What a great club.

Been called many things Hoof but never Lord. Only one of those and he wasn't called Ian either!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 17, 2014, 12:55:36 PM
Fair play to St Galls. Two finals coming up and still doing Kilmacud. What a great club.

Been called many things Hoof but never Lord. Only one of those and he wasn't called Ian either!

Think a measured approach will be the view this time round, has Cargin ever went down?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

We are sending a strong team down

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Casrgi have gone down many times as you well know MR2............Kilmaclud a couple of times without success....

manballandall

I will be down on sat and have a feeling for one if the dub teams. Can the host club do the double ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 17, 2014, 02:40:35 PM
Casrgi have gone down many times as you well know MR2............Kilmaclud a couple of times without success....

I'm only winding you up, We've a fixation with it and that's just that. The club goes down and makes a full weekend of it.

bannside

Portglenone wanted a crack at the intermediate competition but we   have a league game fixed against St Brigids. For that reason I won't be at Kilmacud but it's a great day out. Usually followed by the dogs at Shelbourne.

Great promotion in the Wild Duck this weekend. A big screen to watch both games live from 1.30 onwards plus a four course dinner for £15. That shameless plug should get me one free pint at least.

I have fancied a Donegal double for months now  - think I touched on it in a post sometime in April - and as I haven't a penny on either of them just watch them bolt up!

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2014, 02:53:18 PM

I'm only winding you up, We've a fixation with it and that's just that. The club goes down and makes a full weekend of it.

Was at the hurling 7s couple of weeks ago and have never seen it as quiet, didn't seem as many teams entered either.

Saw the St Galls mug stall though  ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2014, 08:49:03 PM

Was at the hurling 7s couple of weeks ago and have never seen it as quiet, didn't seem as many teams entered either.

And he's back down this year, the sevens aren't as popular now, as too many counties have championships on that weekend now so its the Sevens which get hit first

manballandall

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2014, 08:49:03 PM

And you never came to say hello... Or buy a mug ffs.
Yeah the crowd was very disappointing. Always a better crowd at football so hopefully all good for Saturday

culchie11

Any word when St Galls v Creggan will take place, due to hurling final being on same weekend as original date?

Cargin v St Teresas is down for sun 28th Sept in Ballymena at 1.30pm.

Moneyglass v Portglenone is supposed to be Sun 5th Oct in Ahoghill at 4pm, i would guess that the junior final is on beforehand.

I see that the derry county board went ahead with the outrageous idea of playing a sfc semi final on a thurs night (tonight) under lights in owenbeg!!!

imagine the uproar that has caused lol only in antrim!!

manballandall

Quote from: culchie11 on September 18, 2014, 09:38:13 AM
Any word when St Galls v Creggan will take place, due to hurling final being on same weekend as original date?

Cargin v St Teresas is down for sun 28th Sept in Ballymena at 1.30pm.

Moneyglass v Portglenone is supposed to be Sun 5th Oct in Ahoghill at 4pm, i would guess that the junior final is on beforehand.

I see that the derry county board went ahead with the outrageous idea of playing a sfc semi final on a thurs night (tonight) under lights in owenbeg!!!

imagine the uproar that has caused lol only in antrim!!
Word is our sfc game is 4th October.... Subject to change no doubt lol

culchie11

Yeah, see they are all on county website mainpage:

Sunday 28th Sept

S.F.C Semi Final

Cargin                    v        St Teresas               @        Ballymena     13.30   Taille  £8

Senior Hurling Final

Cushendall           v        St Galls                     @       Ballycastle     16.00   Taille   £10

Saturday 4th October

S.F.C  Semi Final

StGalls                  v           Creggan                 @      Glenavy          16.00    Taille   £8     

Sunday 5th October

J.F.C  Final

St Malachys         v          Naomh Comghall   @     Ahoghill         14.00

I.F.C   Final

Casements           v         Moneyglass               @    Ahoghill         16.00    Taille £7