Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

Is man management a thing of the past?  Havent seen Irish News -in fact havent bought it in 2 years due to the complete sensationalist reporting (suppose they have to these days) - hotlines everywhere!  Especially ******* *******!  But anyway, im with bannside, the aftermath will be interesting, whatever angle they take!

Heres the issue for me!

Apparently (although i would hold fire until i witness it myself) the McGourty fella has been at more training sessions, and actually took part more this year than ever before!

I will lend you all this theory!

Cj was asked back by Baker, so as Baker could give him enough rope...

Low and behold CJ got stuck in and did the training!  But...and wait for it...

Antrim had a sh*te campaign!

Mmmmmm - what will we do son????

Sure everyone will believe us if we just blame CJ - get rid and blame him! boy, wolfe, all that jazz!

But maybe, just maybe - this time its not true!

Anyway - the debacle that will surely now unfold is bound to be ideal Ulster Championship Prep! :P :P 

Sure what other county would allow it! :o :o

One out, all out!

I'll be following New York this year on our new sky deal! Now wouldnt that be ironic... ;D ;D ;D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

theskull1

Quote from: bannside on April 16, 2014, 02:07:30 PM
Shawshank Id call it gross incompetence.

We have nothing. No plan vision blueprint or formula. No football board, no criteria for who should make appointments, no knowledge of what it takes, no check or balances, no tough questioning by club delegates. No equity of funding compared to hurling.

Nothing at all.

What we do have is what I call the "loadaballs" strategy.

Get  a manager and give him a bag with some footballs. After that your on your own.

What businessman in their right mind would support that?

Could you put some meat on the bones of that one Bannside? i.e What is the difference and what reasons have been given for the disparity?

On a more general point, lets not think that the take it or leave it attitude endemic in this county isn't a major factor in our inability to compete. Starts from the ground up and the sad fact is we are a very fragile fabric with a very very small amount of genuine gaa folk  only capable in the most part at keeping the ship afloat in their clubs. Its hard to build ambition into county teams when the support base doesn't exist in the right numbers.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

manballandall

Heard a wee story about a player who was taken off threw his jersey at baker and told him where to stick his team. Didnt go to training on the Tuesday and took him off to stag weekend without telli g anyone . No training apprarAnce the following week yet started the next game.
Oh and it wasnt CJ :).
I also heard that a certain clubs players are causing a lot of shite within camp .
Oh and it's not st galls :).
All hear day granted but I'm sure like every year the truth will eventually come out.
Shambles

DennistheMenace

Some bitching done on this thread.

NAG1

Two Hands FFS

Bingo

Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 16, 2014, 03:47:37 PM
Some bitching done on this thread.

Now near enough, I came in to hear some gossip and stories and all it is, is hearsay, whispers and speculation.

Let it out lads FFS  ;)

In all seriousness, it seems like Antrim football is in a bad way. Shouldn't be the way for a county with so much potential and seems to lack leadership and good long-term planning.

Saffrongael

One things for sure, it's never CJ McGourtys fault, the blame always lies elsewhere.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 16, 2014, 07:20:53 PM
One things for sure, it's never CJ McGourtys fault, the blame always lies elsewhere.

Typical blame culture in antrim as per usual, who's give a fcuk who's at fault? as it's not the reason why Antrim haven't been competitive in DIV 4!! it's cause we are shite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2014, 07:46:29 PM

Typical blame culture in antrim as per usual, who's give a fcuk who's at fault? as it's not the reason why Antrim haven't been competitive in DIV 4!! it's cause we are shite

Constructive as usual.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on April 16, 2014, 10:35:21 PM

Constructive as usual.

Constructive? Bannside has given plenty of constructive views on this, and I'm sure he's berated the county board members also over the years, but we are at the point were we are one of the worst teams in Ireland. But we'll continue to blame everything else bar the structures we have in place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Antrim have plenty of good footballers and shouldn't have been struggling in Division4. Maybe it was mindset or cockiness that cost ye? McGourty only back with Antrim this year after a 3/4 year exile, a blow for Antrim ahead of the Chsmpionship.

Toby Lerone

Still cannot understand how someone like Tyrone Eastwood should have final say in selecting the new management team. 

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on April 17, 2014, 10:54:08 AM
    Quote from: Toby Lerone on April 17, 2014, 09:24:09 AM
    Still cannot understand how someone like Tyrone Eastwood should have final say in selecting the new management team.
    He's away from it all now though, isn't he?

Think it is unfair to be naming individuals when the full facts of their role in any 'process' are not completely known.

Lets just agree that we shouldnt have gone back to a manager that was clearly not a great option.
    We have players who won't commit regardless of what is done for them
    The atmosphere around the squad is tetchy at the best of times
    Stag Parties and Holidays mid season are not tolerated in any other county
    We are Div 4 for a reason and maybe this should be explained to some of our more ego centred players - grow up you are a Div 4 footballer (regardless of what you do with your club)
    Just because the IN phones you every slow news day does not make you something special - they are filling copy and using you and Antrim woes to do so

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

bannside

A lot is known about that particular process though Nag. The dogs in the street know the two that voted for Baker, and the two that voted for Madden/Adams combo. And who was the first to blink.

Skull is right in that frankly not enough people care. One thing for definite is our club delegates to county committee dont care. They sit like muppets and nod and agree and couldnt give a toss whether its Butcher or Baker as long as they keep their clubs right.

Its a long time since we had someone like Joe Mc Cartan or Geordie Mc Guckin who stood up and asked simple questions that kept county officers on their toes.

Like " Are we happy to give our county managerial job to a man who is also taking a club team at the same time?" or" If this would  never happen in any other county why are we happy to let this situation continue in Antrim".

I could think of twenty more too. At the minute we are getting whipped because we don't even have the gumption to stand up for ourselves.