Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 03, 2013, 03:26:38 PM
Very diplomatic response  ;)

its almost as if you're being watched  :P

Aye comes across like that I suppose but I'm happy enough at the minute and would try not critique another ref, all bets are off though when I'm playing and watching my own team ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fra1971

Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2013, 03:37:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2013, 03:11:49 PM
Quote from: otbar on September 03, 2013, 03:11:20 PM
Ahh you are quite correct - but they would have had 2 outings on it before the final right?

Is LD in concrete for the final then?

No
Grass, I assume.

class  ;D

Corkey22

To be honest I don't think there is a pitch or facilities in the city which is good enough to host a county final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Corkey22 on September 03, 2013, 06:32:21 PM
To be honest I don't think there is a pitch or facilities in the city which is good enough to host a county final.

Yous get the pitches and we'll win the championships ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stibhan

It is pretty funny to hear people complaining about the standard of the facilities or their suitability to host a fixture when we routinely post horrendous attendance figures at our finals, especially comparative to our neighouring counties. I genuinely think that we would find at least one ground in both Belfast and hinterland with more than enough space to host the final on the back of past attendance figures, but you'd find double the figures in any other county serious about GAA.

manballandall

What are the injuries affecting cargin this weekend or is it just mind games?

otbar

Going by what I hear there are 3 doubtful and one out for sure in the first 15.

Fra1971

Minor Final tomorrow night has the potential to be a cracker. Some very good players on both sides and some of them are big fellas for minor. Will be a nice change to see a final in Sarsfields too. Not that Casement was ever anything but excellent. Johnnies will probably carry the tag of favorites for it but not by much.

otbar are you telling us theres an upset on the cards in Ahoghill?

otbar

Players absent or not there is a potential shock on the cards - creggan play very very defensive and if they convert a goal or two its anybodys.
On paper it should be a straight win for cargin I would imagine but creggan brought them down to there level in the league and who is to say that this wont happen again.

ArfurFoxAche

Posted this on the hurling thread...

That would be the football semi-finals.  Naomh Pol/Naomh Gall moved from Corrigan to Naomh Eanna at the last minute.  Apparently Corrigan is the only GAA ground in Belfast, other than Casement, with a Safety certificate - needed for capacity of 5000+.  The non-availability of the stand means the nominal capacity is greatly reduced, thus making the staging of the game impossible.  All the other clubs can fire away as they are not certified by Belfast City Council.  Never knew that until tonight...

Glensman

Quote from: otbar on September 05, 2013, 09:47:17 AM
Going by what I hear there are 3 doubtful and one out for sure in the first 15.

Who?

manballandall

Any results from cargin game?

bigfrank

Antrim Senior Football Championship Semi Final final score

Cargin 0-05  Creggan 0-02

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bigfrank on September 07, 2013, 08:45:41 PM
Antrim Senior Football Championship Semi Final final score

Cargin 0-05  Creggan 0-02

i thought our game was bad?  St Pauls played with one man past the halfway line!! Terrible game