Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdyok

St John's v Moneyglass switched to Corrigan Park, 3pm, Senior only. Must be in doubt as no sign of the rain easing.

jdyok

CitySlicker11

St John's / Rossa derby tomorrow should be tasty enough. I'm going for a draw.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 14, 2013, 03:26:01 PM
St John's / Rossa derby tomorrow should be tasty enough. I'm going for a draw.

Unlucky Hardstation, close call?

We managed to win Fergie time style!!   http://vimeo.com/66277770
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

Tasty enough game with St Johns deserving their win, bit of a row in second half, Rossa very young team out.

What would be your limits with full panel to pick from and everyone training, Hardstation?

Though that's a lot easier said than done.

glens abu

Jesus Dawson sure told Scullion what he thought of him,Tony not a happy lad going by todays Irish News.

NAG1

Quote from: glens abu on May 17, 2013, 10:13:27 AM
Jesus Dawson sure told Scullion what he thought of him,Tony not a happy lad going by todays Irish News.

Far too many ex players with big ego's with too much to say. The IN is seriously not helping Antrim's cause in any way shape or form.

imtommygunn

Thought that whole thing was dead by now :-(

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2013, 01:33:50 PM
Thought that whole thing was dead by now :-(

Slow news day at the IN - 'oh what will we do, aye that's it, phone one of those Antrim boys they are always good value for spouting some rubbish about themselves or their manager'

Gold

James Loughrey started and played whole game at right half back for Cork v Limerick tonight.

Some goin
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

AQMP

Minors were 14 points down at half time.  Staged a bit of a comeback, 6 down with about 10mins to go.

AQMP

Obviously they ran out of steam a bit!!  Mon 4-20 Ant 3-6

AQMP

Sean McGreevy back in the Antrim panel.  Surely the oldest IC footballer in the country!

NAG1

Quote from: AQMP on June 03, 2013, 04:26:28 PM
Sean McGreevy back in the Antrim panel.  Surely the oldest IC footballer in the country!

Are there no young up and coming GK's that could use the experience of being in and around a senior set up?
Unless he is coming in with a view to a coaching role this is a totally backward step and one that will be seen as such by everyone looking in at us.

bannside

Its giving 24 degrees for Sunday and you know this might put a totally different complexion on this game. Antrim Football has two major characteristics. One, we are twice the team at home as we are away (we are the worst travellers in the country) and Two, we are much better with a dry ball. I know this might draw cynicism, but those two factors have defined us for a long time.

Monaghan looked a good bit bigger and stronger than us in Clones in the league, but Casement is a massive pitch and if we can get quick legs on the pitch, I wouldn't rule out a totally different game than when we last met. Give me fast legs over big and strong in these conditions!

We were all over the show at the end of March, so bad that I cant actually remember it being worse for a long time.  But I do anticipate that we can be competitive at least on Sunday, and the longer we can hold on in there, the pendulum could start to swing in our favour, and it may just be Monaghan who will suddenly find themselves under the burden of pressure of being expected to win this game easily.

If someone offered me a free bet I would have to go with Monaghan (simply because I think Malachy O Rourke is one of the very best in the business) but I wouldn't completely rule out another Ulster championship shock.