Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2013, 09:21:58 PM
No idea... More agendas against refs coming soon no doubt.

Hope he doesnt watch any of my games lol!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lonely1

Knowing the Referee in question Mibag, hes not the type of lad that would change his decision, i would suggest you get your facts right before launching into a personal attack! As the old saying goes nothing remains secret in the GAA ;) So if there is merit in what you have said then I'm sure the Referees committee will deal with accordingly, if M mc C was issued a straight red, then enough people would have seen it and the story will roll on and on and on!

takeyourpoint

Mick McCann received a yellow card midway through 2nd half. In dying minutes he gave away a free. He said something to the ref who moved the ball forward 13m. He then said something more to the ref who then gave him a straight red card.

aontroim abu

I remember a few years back the same player was given a striaght red for an altercation with a supporter at a game in dunloy I think. The ref that day, currently on the Antrim Referees Committee, was pressurised into changing his report to 2 yellows. It was a strange outcome  too  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: takeyourpoint on April 29, 2013, 11:31:08 AM
Mick McCann received a yellow card midway through 2nd half. In dying minutes he gave away a free. He said something to the ref who moved the ball forward 13m. He then said something more to the ref who then gave him a straight red card.

Dissent, a yellow card ball moved forward, further dissent is another yellow followed by red, depends if he personally abused the referee then it could have been a straight red, so if this was the case I'd very much doubt that any referee who was verbally abused to the extent of showing him a straight red was rescinded it to two yellows, regardless of who the player is.

Are we going to question every call this season ffs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2013, 12:27:49 PM

Dissent, a yellow card ball moved forward, further dissent is another yellow followed by red, depends if he personally abused the referee then it could have been a straight red, so if this was the case I'd very much doubt that any referee who was verbally abused to the extent of showing him a straight red was rescinded it to two yellows, regardless of who the player is.

is this not what happens every year in every county in Ireland, pick on the easiest target especially when either the result or the decisions dont suit you???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim abu on April 29, 2013, 12:43:59 PM

is this not what happens every year in every county in Ireland, pick on the easiest target especially when either the result or the decisions dont suit you???

I suppose, the referee is the main reason a teams loses, those feckers hate this club, or he wants to be the main man (heard that at a under 16 game!! told him to wise the fcuk up) How many steps ref? I always shout back, 4. Could go on

aontroim abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2013, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: aontroim abu on April 29, 2013, 12:43:59 PM

I suppose, the referee is the main reason a teams loses, those feckers hate this club, or he wants to be the main man (heard that at a under 16 game!! told him to wise the fcuk up) How many steps ref? I always shout back, 4. Could go on

Of course he's the main reason, in fact he's usually the only reason ffs!!

some good games coming up - who's favourites for the U21 games tomorrow night? Will they be on if county players not allowed to play? Or will they be allowed?

aontroim abu

oops - should have been in hurling thread

lonely1

Quote from: aontroim abu on April 29, 2013, 12:23:25 PM
I remember a few years back the same player was given a straight red for an altercation with a supporter at a game in dunloy I think. The ref that day, currently on the Antrim Referees Committee, was pressurised into changing his report to 2 yellows. It was a strange outcome  too  ::)

I am familiar with that incident also and would refer you to the story of "King Solomon and the Baby", wise move from the man in question I thought, his credability left in tact and embarrassed a few of the county officials at the time, fair play to him. Oh yes and Derry beat Antrim 2 weeks later.

ONeill

Lamh Dhearg bate Galls 2-12 to 0-12. Cunningham 1-7.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2013, 09:57:29 PM

champions elect!!

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2013, 10:51:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2013, 09:57:29 PM

champions elect!!

Only 0-5 from play from St Gall's, 0-2 from forwards. No Kieran or Kevin McGourty. Early in the year and Galls nowhere near Championship training but I thought a team with Gallagher, Healy, CJ, Pollock, Niblock, Sean Kelly and Terry O'Neill would've had too much for the stuttering Lamhs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Our league campaigns have never been great in fairness, this boost will certainly drive Lamhs on for the rest of the year, they have Cargin in the first round and after the hammering they got from Cargin recently then this will live up to being a good championship match. Love to referee that one, be brutal. Expect 2 red cards ;)

imtommygunn

Good win for the johnnies over creggan and big win for aldergrove away to moneyglass.