8.  Michael McCann (Cargin)
9.  Sean McVeigh (Ballymena)

10.  Conor Murray (Lamh Dhearg)
11.  Kevin Niblock (St Gall’s)
12.  Brendan Herron (Lamh Dhearg)

13.  Michael Pollock (St Gall’s)
14.  Michael Herron (Lamh Dhearg)
15.  Ryan Murray (Lamh Dhearg)

I've heard good things from home about Niall Delargy.  Anyone seen him play??

the Last few games our stand out performers were captain kevin o boyle and kerr in goals, i hope this doesnt become a trend and some of the forwards can take the headlines. great to see niall delargy getting a game in corner back. the forward line has plenty of pace and power which can cause cavan problems hopefulli get us off to a winning start.

manballandall

4 out of startung 6 forwards for the county are from the same club. And 4 defenders from the same but different club from the fwds . They'll make some county final in september. Mouth watering clash. Good luck to antrim and especially to the 3 representatives from the county champions of the last few years.

theticklemister

Quote from: AQMP on February 01, 2013, 10:45:27 AM
Antrim team to play Cavan on Sunday:

1.  Chris Kerr (St Gall's)

2.  Kevin O'Boyle (Cargin) (c)
3.  Paul Doherty (Rasharkin)
4.  Niall Delargy (Portglenone)

5.  Tony Scullion (Cargin)
6.  Justin Crozier (Cargin)
7.  John Carron (Cargin)

8.  Michael McCann (Cargin)
9.  Sean McVeigh (Ballymena)

10.  Conor Murray (Lamh Dhearg)
11.  Kevin Niblock (St Gall's)
12.  Brendan Herron (Lamh Dhearg)

13.  Michael Pollock (St Gall's)
14.  Michael Herron (Lamh Dhearg)
15.  Ryan Murray (Lamh Dhearg)

I've heard good things from home about Niall Delargy.  Anyone seen him play??

4 lamh dearg lads in the forward line; if ye add paddy cunningham ye would nearly a full set. Incidentally did I see Lamh dearg in the intermediate ulster league?? surly they are still senior or did they bank that they would be losing boys to the antrim county team that the ulster officials let them take part at the intermediate grade?

theticklemister

Lamh Dearg look like a club on the rise may I add. They came to our club to take part in our Brian Og sevens competition a few years ago and had a team of minors up. They wiped the floor with older players from senior and Intermediate clubs to raise the trophy. That might of been 2 /3 years ago. May I add, a fine bunch of lads too; very respectful and looked to breathe gaelic football. They seemed like a tight bunch. Hopefully they have all progressed to the senior team.

manballandall

From the horses mouth... The only galls player he didn't get that he wanted was aidso gallagher. Take out of that what you like. I hope I am proved wrong and this team goes on to big things.

manballandall

manballandall

No they weren't asked to trials. Not wanted apparently. Listen, he has what he thinks is his strongest team and by all accounts the training has went well. What would I know so good luck to them, I hope they do well. Fwiw I think cavan will prove difficult this year, their good U21's coming to fruition

manballandall

Surprised at you believing what you read and making assumptions. Micko isn't playing hurling at the minute but is playing football so that argument is without substance. Your entitled to your opinion as I am mine.  I don't think 4 of the countys 6 best forwards come from that one club. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and will say so if I am

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 03, 2013, 12:37:12 AM
What? Micko is playing football and therefore not hurling. My point is that Kieran and Karl have been among our most committed hurlers for years now but so far, through one reason or another cannot commit this year, therefore there is a good reason why they couldn't play football.

I am very surprised to hear that Frank Dawson, of all people, is anti-St Galls.

I am also still waiting on who you would have in/out.

The Lámh Dhearg men mightn't be the best in the county but;

There is an old proverb in Irish:

Caithfidh tu muin a dheanamh leis an bhod ata agat.

You have to piss with the dick you have.

Until Dawson finds more dicks, we'll just have to piss with these ones.

Remember this Hardstation, club men on this fourm or any other, are mainly only concered with their own club, Antrim's loss is Naomh Gall's gain (to a lot of our club men). The players that FD has are, as you say the only dicks he has to play with. I'll be backing them all the way. If our lads that are fit and not willing then they aren't up for the cause, they aren't the first and won't be the last from clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

HS you have taken this out of proportion. I wasn't gurning nor said that Dawson was anti st galls or that st galls were better than lambs. I was, am surprised that 4 out of 6 starting fwds come from the one club. Even apart from st galls they wouldn't all be in my starting 6. Again my opinion, which I am entitled to. Apologies if it doesn't agree with yours but cest la vie. We will leave it at that. Good night. See you at the match tomorrow?

bannside

No point in talking about all the St Galls men who could should or might have have been good enough to play for Antrim tomorrow. load of shit. if it means that much to some of them then make yourselves known to FD and get in there and try to earn a jersey and make the hard yards. Reputations count for fcuk all. show your desire or hunger or play away for Milltown or forever hold your piece/peace.

Gold

Great start.  Apart from goals we did rightly. Sending off may hurt us as mcveigh is good

Mcveigh, McCann, pollock, kobo j crozier, herons, niblock and murrays were the pick-though all put in a shift.

Cavan haven't improved much
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

brendanbelfast

surprised anyone would suggest we werent the best team today - I thought we were by far. In every area of the field we dominated - they got in for one sloppy goal and then bought a penalty.

We missed some chances and were too loose in passing at times, but...we cleaned them out at midfield, reduced their keeper(s) to hitting it out over the sideline, we had way more possession, we tackled strongly. The scoreline didn't reflect our superiority.

bannside

Great to get the two points because this should turn out to be a very competitive league. I wouldnt be raving too much about the performance, as everyone sitting near me agreed at half time that up to that point we had been very sluggish. Having said that we have all seen games like that where we are on the wrong side of the result.

Whatever FD said at HT though definitely did the trick as we played with much more freedom and fluency in the second half, going from three down to five up in the space of a good 20 minute spell. Sets us up nicely now for our perennial meeting with our modern rivals from Sligo.

Debutants did well and Ryan Murray could be the real deal. He and Mickey Pollock will relish top of the ground later in the year and both provide a great outlet. Thought Justin Crozier was outstanding throughout.

Simon Says

captain o boyle had a difficult task and was outstanding as was crozier and delargy for his debut was very good, kerr made a smart save at the beginning of the second half and targeted mc veigh, mc cann and b.herron with kickouts throughout the game, we got alot of joy out of them 3 from kickouts. The Evergreen tony scullion wasnt his normal self, john carron was found out a bit (in my humble opinion) and he is clearly not a wing back. doherty is much more effective out the field.
Mc cann and mc veigh battled brilliantly either catching or breaking smartly to our half forwards/half backs. brendan herron worked tirelessly around the middle, conor murray was great at coming off the shoulder and pegged a few good points.
Mickey Pollock and ryan murray were outstanding, they are constantly on the move and win the ball out in front and lay it off when taking their own man isnt on they scored 1-6 between them.

Any buses travelling to the game on sunday?