Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viva the mccooey

Leopard doesnt change his spots!

NAG1

viva the mccooey

stick to the wee ball forum NAG, this one is for big boys! Was looking at your old posts mate, seems to me you probably from same place at gman and rg, seem to have your nose well up rgs ...side , always sided with him when you should have been calling for them eejets to be banned from everything. to soft nag, to soft. 

viva the mccooey

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 14, 2012, 01:11:26 PM
Use boys will never change gaaman24! Its a pity the refs lost their B***s could have dealt with use properly.

well said

culchie11

some people going back over old ground on here.
nearly a year on & still talking about u21 incident.
its over, done, been dealt with - move on.
punishments were handed out, move forward.

comments from mibag, mccooey et al aint going to change anything.
mibag, i know why u have a gripe & rightly so, but its over, gone, finished.
rasharkin club has suffered & are trying to get back on their feet.

i dont think the abuse of referees all round, was as bad this year, maybe people have taken heed.

culchie11

Is Antrim website tables correct portglenone 2nds are relegated on points difference or is it head to heads?!

Bannside maybe enlighten us!

Some great underage football over the weekend in south west finals, st Endas very strong at u16 level.

Gold

Its points difference. Better off reserve teams go down and club first teams make up div 2 and 3.

Do McDermotts have any youth teams?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2012, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: Gold on September 16, 2012, 10:27:17 PM
Its points difference. Better off reserve teams go down and club first teams make up div 2 and 3.

Do McDermotts have any youth teams?

Good question. I never remember playing against or watching a McDermotts underage team and strangely I never questioned it.

Thomas Maguire made a county hurling panel at one stage. Who did he hurl for as a kid?

Cracking hurler
actually!

imtommygunn

I don't think they have an underage setup.

Maguire county minor footballer too in ulster final 97. Tight boy.

Turley? Best hurler.

Dunno how they produce their players without an underage setup mind you??

Rasharkin Gael

Watched the SW U12 final Allsaints v Cargin and Minor final Cargin v Aldergrove at the weekend. Great games. An excellent Ballymena side won the U12 by a point and the minor game was a cracker. Aldergrove were  well fancied going into the match but it looked like a bit of complacency on their behalf that led to them being 8 down by the start of the second half. Fair play they pulled it back and with 4 mins of injury time there was only a point in it when cargin killed it with a goal against the run of play. Really good games.

bannside

Re Mc Dermotts and Division three update.

They beat St Brigids seconds yesterday and that leaves us (Portglenone 2`s) Cargin 2 and Mc Dermotts all on joint seventh with 13 points each. The head to head between us and Mc Dermotts was we won one by exactly 2 pts and lost the other by two as well. So the head to head battle was even!

If it is settled by points difference we go down as the worst of the three - in 9th place.

Our target was the reserve cup which we won by beating Cargin seconds in the final, and maintain div 3 status - so close but no cigar! Unless Joe Edwards and co offer us a straight head to head with Mc Dermotts to see who stays up. For some reason I dont see that happening.

chocoholic

Anyone know who this scoundrel 'Assistant Treasurer, Antrim' is who is selling these tickets for £460 plus £6 postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2-All-Ireland-Football-Final-Tickets-Donegal-v-Mayo-/170911639741?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27cb20a8bd#ht_500wt_1203

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever exposing wnakers who do this.

Look closely at picture 2 and you will see who the tickets are allocated to.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 18, 2012, 10:53:30 PM
b**tard!

I'm bringing this to the main page.

Now now, he probably give them in good faith to someone, wouldn't jump to conclusions without the facts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Quote from: hardstation on September 18, 2012, 11:09:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2012, 11:07:55 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 18, 2012, 10:53:30 PM
b**tard!

I'm bringing this to the main page.

Now now, he probably give them in good faith to someone, wouldn't jump to conclusions without the facts
Balax! There is no way one of the tickets gained by our county board should end up on ebay, charging a fortune.

+1

Mickey Linden

Apparantly it said this on all tickets Antrim board received. They gave them out to clubs and what clubs do after that is up to them. Many of them even raffle them so this could be literally anyone selling this ticket.