Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stibhan

Third is St John's. Haven't played them yet this year.

Glensman

Quote from: hardstation on August 29, 2012, 09:32:24 PM
Interesting battle at the bottom.

Rossa have 1 to play (St. Pauls)
Fair chance of getting something here.

Ahoghill have 3 to play (Creggan, Lamh Dhearg, Cargin)
Very tough.

St. Brigids have 3 to play (St. Johns, St. Galls, ?)
Two very tough games. Who is the 3rd?

Predictions??

From Hoof Hearted's favourite website it looks like Brigids play St Johns twice.

Hopefully end of season issues/not fielding etc play no issue in what will unfold.

Ps I echo the comments re Ahoghill...fair play to them. There is such crossover between their teams it is very impressive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on August 29, 2012, 10:44:23 PM

Very tough.

Predictions??

From Hoof Hearted's favourite website it looks like Brigids play St Johns twice.

Hopefully end of season issues/not fielding etc play no issue in what will unfold.

Ps I echo the comments re Ahoghill...fair play to them. There is such crossover between their teams it is very impressive.

St Johns, Rossa and ourselves have been dual clubs for years!!!! Ahoghill is a fairly big parish is it not?

But yes, few years ago they played us in County final and always had great juvenile teams, albeit under a different banner :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Very tough.

Predictions??

my home website now since i emmigrated !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Aldergrove promoted to division 1. Fair play to them. I can't ever recall Aldergrove in division 1. In fact until the last few years I can't recall them division 2. Must be some good work going on there.

bannside

Was at their match last night - they beat Portglenone handy enough.

JC has them going well. A top man around any team. Good football and plenty of discipline too - fit and hungry too all over the pitch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on August 30, 2012, 09:01:48 AM
Was at their match last night - they beat Portglenone handy enough.

JC has them going well. A top man around any team. Good football and plenty of discipline too - fit and hungry too all over the pitch.

A proven manager also, has won the county title as a manager from us. Otherwise we'd be going for some serious record FFS

County manager material??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Was he not highly involved at County level before MR2 as Brian Whites righthand man. Hasn`t stopped since then, managing someone or other every year since. Had Cargin playing their best football ever during his successful time there as manager. Now in with a chance of doing the double at Aldergrove - a big achievement if he pulls that off.

If we are staying in the county he definitely has to be on the list of serious contenders.

Milltown Row2

Aye comes across likeable enough for a Cargin man :o

That year against us was the first round after the All final defeat, and they didn't put any effort into the league that year at all and concentrated on that night at Casement, paid off

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2012, 10:50:31 PM

Very tough.

Predictions??

St Johns, Rossa and ourselves have been dual clubs for years!!!! Ahoghill is a fairly big parish is it not?

But yes, few years ago they played us in County final and always had great juvenile teams, albeit under a different banner :o

Exactly - I assume the different banner was due to lack of numbers.

Can't imagine its that big a parish to be honest.

Its all me, me, me with you MR2......LOL

imtommygunn

In terms of gaa playing population ahoghill is very very small. It's teams usually come from small numbers of families.

JimStynes

Who would have the smallest parish or numbers to choose from in antrim?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: JimStynes on August 30, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
Who would have the smallest parish or numbers to choose from in antrim?

Larne or Carrickfergus - for numbers anyway
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

DearyMe

And so it begins - Irish news is at their lark!

Who will be next county manager?

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

culchie11

I believe as I have previously said Lenny be good man for the job with madden or even jc as right hand man.

Does anyone know how ai tickets are divide up in county?

Some clubs get 4-6 tickets between them yet any member of county management comm get 4 apiece!

Grassroots at its very best there eh!