Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

I never mentioned my club. You brought it up and have been engrossed with it ever since. Change the record. So no comments to make on these latest revelations HS?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 25, 2012, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: manballandall on April 25, 2012, 10:50:17 AM
I never mentioned my club. You brought it up and have been engrossed with it ever since. Change the record. So no comments to make on these latest revelations HS?
Yes, you did!! On your profile you wrote your club as St. Gall's. Jesus Christ.......

As for this latest revelation, I don't fully comprehend it. What type of match was it that the club wasn't aware of it?

I'd imagine a football match  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Well reading between the lines, if the club didnt sanction it, it must have been a friendly or a tournament game or some other type of non regulated game.

NAG1

Technically in my understand if it was a game at training that would be covered, as it is official club training.

NAG1

In what sense, I think it is pretty clear HS, If a player is injured at official club training (be that a training game inside of the training or in a drill) and is a paid up member he is covered by insurance, if however he plays in a game which the club dont know about or havent officially sanctioned through Ulster council etc as per regulations then he would not be covered.

Milltown Row2

Haven't spoke to Kevin about it nor do I want to get involved with it.

Having managed and refereed in the past there are certain things that have to be done in this day and age that would not have been done before.

Any challenge games must be sanctioned beforehand, meaning the manager has to tell the club Sec. that they are playing a match and venue. They also have to get an official referee to cover the game, again this is for insurance reasons.

If this is the case (I dont know) then Kevin would not have been covered along with the rest of the players. Could common sense be used in this case? £2500 is a fair amount of money to pay out.

What way is it meant to work and what do you get for it? Never had to use it so I wouldn't know.

Do you pay it yourself and the the club claim money back and give it to you? Does the club pay for it and then claim it back? does this include physio and after treatments (rehabilitation)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

I would say this would vary from club to club, I know of some clubs who take the hit make the payments for Operation and associated Physio costs and then this is claimed back by the club at the end of the injury period.

DearyMe

Was unaware training sessions were covered - but seems obvious really.

Said injury happened in a challenge match (or did it?)

Anyways - my original post about the twitt (social network site), i couldnt possibly support public comments like that from any of my club men.
I hope for galls sake he removes them, seems a shame really.
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

manballandall

From my understanding of it, training sessions are covered as our challenge games as long as all the I's have been dotted and t's crossed that MR highlighted. I'm not sure though if physio costs are covered or maybe only a percentage of them. I believe it also only covers a certain % of lost income . From I hear its not a great scheme and I think players can get a much better personal insurance policy for a few pound a week. I think the problem with a lot of clubs especially in todays financial climate is that they can't afford to pay out thousands of pounds at once and wait months to get it back months later. A bit of a shambles really

NAG1

Its a great scheme if used by the club correctly and efficiently, especially in the case of operation/ physio costs.

Not so good on the loss of earnings but as has been stated players should cover themselves for this with private insurance.

aontroim

Physio costs haven't been covered for a few years now (apart from post-operative treatment) as people were ripping the piss out of claims .  Other limits / benefits: http://www.willis.com/sites/ireland/gaa/is_benefits.htm

lonely1

There was strong hint alleging  that the injury occurred while representing DCU, however they had enough funding/injury expenses and the lad was encouraged to go North quietly? Too much cloak and dagger around this one, suppose as always in the GAA nothing stays secret for too long :-X

Milltown Row2

Again we are on the rumour mill train, lets not get into this and maybe talk about football, county and club. Club games going rightly and we have had 2 wins in a row, while not playing well but encouraging that we have done so with players who have been on the fringes of the senior team.

Great time to bring players in on the senior team and hope that they can be regulars and winners in Championship over the next few years. These young lads have known nothing but big days at Casement and beyond and hopefully that will drive them on to have a piece of that.

lonely1

U heading to the town tonight MR2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lonely1 on April 25, 2012, 04:30:37 PM
U heading to the town tonight MR2

Yes, for my sins, seems Carey's pitch is under development. Ballycastle's is a fine pitch, so happy days.