Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Magicsponge on November 17, 2011, 01:55:24 PM
Just out of interest, would there be anything stopping any Rasharkin players from transferring over to say Dunloy, Portglenone or Ahoghill (I mention these clubs only because they are relatively close by) for a year and then transferring back?

Eh . .  the County Board, no?

Magicsponge

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on November 17, 2011, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: Magicsponge on November 17, 2011, 01:55:24 PM
Just out of interest, would there be anything stopping any Rasharkin players from transferring over to say Dunloy, Portglenone or Ahoghill (I mention these clubs only because they are relatively close by) for a year and then transferring back?

Eh . .  the County Board, no?

I suppose they wouldn't let it go through, but what would their reasoning be for blocking the transfer. I'm probably talking rubbish, sometimes my brain just doesn't work properly

Rasharkin Gael

Not sure about that one Magic. I know some of our players on county panels are seeking clarification on their status at mo.

NAG1

Players in suspended club are not allowed to transfer, there is effectively a transfer embargo placed on the club.

Rasharkin Gael

do you Nag if they can still represent county? cant see why they couldnt but lack of competitive games could count against them, though they way some county managers think this maybe an advantage.

NAG1

Dont quote me but my understanding would be that they would be banned from all competitions therefore no senior player in Rasharkin could play any competition including inter county.

Just looking at it logically not from any factual basis. (The transfer embargo is definite though)

Rasharkin Gael

not sure about this Nag. we have an over 35 team, play in those recreational footie tournaments etc, but because they are organised by ulster council and not under the control of the antrim ccc we were under the impression that they could still play, but dont know this for certain. The ban said from all games under the control of antrim ccc, so not sure if this effects county players, over 35 in ulster council competition or even the ulster league. but all just speculation, more questions than answers.l

NAG1

I know what you mean RG, but I would imagine as soon as the loopholes are identified by CCC they will be closed by Ulster Council.

I would imagine that when they suspended all teams above minor that included your Over 35's regardless of what competition that they play in.

Magicsponge

I would have thought they couldn't, it would kind of make the ban seem like a bit of a joke. I still feel for the rest of the banned players who are banned who have to do without football or hurling for a year, I know it would have nearly killed me.

QUB GAA Research

Hi Everyone,

I am a final year student at QUB, and as part of my course I am required to undertake a group piece of research.
We have chosen to do this on the GAA, and the different reasons on player drop-our rates post age 18 between rural and urban areas.

We would be very greatfull if you could take the time to fill out the survey below (it will literally only take 2 minutes).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q8FYCHK

We've got some great feedback so far, and I think the users on this message board can add valuable contributions to the study.
Please feel free to comment/make sussestions on our thread (below) or on the survey about the topic.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20675.msg1048613#new

Thanks Very much!
Go raibh mile maith agat

Rasharkin Gael

does anyone know the reasoning behind Baker changing his back room staff ? did the lads leave or were they pushed?

AQMP

Didn't hear this RG, what are the details??

Rasharkin Gael

not new news. p mcneill and n conway are gone, replaced by andy ward, gearoid adams and paul mcflynn. just wondered if the the former two left or did baker just want a shake up.

Kickham csc

Regarding the Rasharkin lads.

Any of the lads who were individualy suspended, will serve there suspensions.

The rest of the suspensions are not individual, but are team / club suspensions.

That means R'kin players can play for 3rd level education teams, county teams, and even get 60 day sanctions for overseas. But they cannot repersent Rasharkin

The county can't block inter club / inter county transfer either, if there is a just reason for the transfer, or they will be open up to legal proceedings.

Rasharkin Gael

Hope that transfers don't enter into the equation.