Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim2011

Can see most of Rasharkin seniors will head to oz, because their will be no reason for them to stay

or some of them will start to play a diiferent sport, because they wont want to sit in for the next year and a bit doing nothin!!

Rasharkin Gael

I think all saints could have a good run in the intermediate if they play as they did in the second half at casement the other week. Really good midfield with mcveigh and Logan, and if they can get paddy plenty of ball his distribution is fantastic. Young pizza up front has really come on this year but they can blow hot and cold, but definately should win if they play to their potential.

aontroim

Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2011, 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 09, 2011, 11:15:02 AM
Don't think anyone from my club can really complain about the punishments handed down from the ccc. Severe sentences for the individuals concerned but rightly so for disgraceful actions. I know a lot of the lads on the senior football and hurling teams are smarting over their bans, especially as the vast majority of them were not present at ballymena, but the county had to take drastic action and send out a message to all clubs in our county that there is a collective responsibility inherent in the gaa and clubs have to take responsibility for not just the behaviour of players on the field but of supporters to. Next season will be tough for st Mary's, some guys already talking about heading to Australia as work is light here and the football/hurling was the only thing keeping them at home. But on a brighter side we can now make sure nothing like this can happen again within our club and pay much more attention to raising the standard of our discipline, which has been extremely poor for a number of seasons now, and make sure our juvenile players have more respect for match officials, club officials and themselves as we try to rebuild the reputation of our club which is now in tatters.

Excellent post

If it can make the club stronger and more cohesive in the future maybe the short term pain can be swallowed for long term gain.

+1

RG you seem to be a voice of reason - club AGM must be coming up soon - get yourself involved in Committee (if not already).

Antrim2011

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on Today at 11:15:02 AM
Don't think anyone from my club can really complain about the punishments handed down from the ccc. Severe sentences for the individuals concerned but rightly so for disgraceful actions. I know a lot of the lads on the senior football and hurling teams are smarting over their bans, especially as the vast majority of them were not present at ballymena, but the county had to take drastic action and send out a message to all clubs in our county that there is a collective responsibility inherent in the gaa and clubs have to take responsibility for not just the behaviour of players on the field but of supporters to. Next season will be tough for st Mary's, some guys already talking about heading to Australia as work is light here and the football/hurling was the only thing keeping them at home. But on a brighter side we can now make sure nothing like this can happen again within our club and pay much more attention to raising the standard of our discipline, which has been extremely poor for a number of seasons now, and make sure our juvenile players have more respect for match officials, club officials and themselves as we try to rebuild the reputation of our club which is now in tatters.

Excellent post

If it can make the club stronger and more cohesive in the future maybe the short term pain can be swallowed for long term gain.

+1

RG you seem to be a voice of reason - club AGM must be coming up soon - get yourself involved in Committee (if not already).

>>>>> I  also agree

OverThePostsAWide

Fair play RG. A sad day for all the (many) genuine gaels in St Mary's, but if this is the prevailing attitude within the club when the dust has settled then the club will be better for it in the long run. It is a warning shot for all clubs too. There needs to be a pro-active vigilence about ill-discipline and attitudes from within the clubs themselves. Every member can and should play their part - that's the collective responsibility part. If the smaller stuff is challenged robustly from within then the bigger stuff, when it happens, is less likely to get out of control. St Mary's, I am sorry to say, has often not been a pleasant place to visit in recent years.

Never thought I'd be quoting Edmund Burke on the gaaboard, but...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

rogueryhill

Just went to the Rasharkin website there to check if there was any news and I got an "Invalid Argument" error!

I am not joking.

pdiddy

Quote from: aontroim on November 09, 2011, 11:37:21 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Excellent post

+1

+1.  Very magnanimous of you RG.  The club need more men (or women) like you more than ever.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

ONeill

Look out for hairy-legged deep-voiced camogs playing for Rasharkin next year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ONeill on November 09, 2011, 01:25:20 PM
Look out for hairy-legged deep-voiced camogs playing for Rasharkin next year.

they have a few of them most years !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Applesisapples

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 06:16:10 PM
Good Refs from what i seen they couldnt lead blind mice! I think they both should have some sort of punishment after all they did add fuel to the fire!
Are you real, nahh you couldn't be coming out with rubbish like that definitely a WUM.

gelvis

Quote from: hurler2011 on November 08, 2011, 11:58:47 PM
Quote from: saffronog on November 08, 2011, 11:30:01 PM
89 thats true, don't want people walking away, I am big into suspension but I think this suspension to a degree is retrievable if the sharks have co operated well.  But senior teams might have to soak it up.  Those within rasharkin community have to highlight their trouble makers.  Has mla d mckay spoke about issue.

the big problem we have is that our team is very young bar one or two, we need competitive hurling to keep our touch going, the hurling in rasharkin has come along way in the last few years, this will set us back big time, it will be hard to keep our team going knowing that we have nothing competitive to play for

I have only heard the name of one player who was suspended.  Not sure if he was the 72/96 weeks but I only know him from hurling.  One club, one punishment fits all.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

The Worker

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 09, 2011, 10:12:20 AM
Quote from: The Worker on November 08, 2011, 07:21:11 PM
Does this mean Mglass stay up in div 1? or will div 1 be 9 teams next year?

9 team Div 1 with 1 team to be relegated would be the logical way to go. Same as when a club pulls out / gets chucked out mid-season. Only Rasharkin jumped the (shot)gun early  :o

though as the incident happened in the 2011 season, surely then rasharkin should effectively take moneyglass's relegation spot.

hurler2011

totally agree with rg, our discipline has not been good in recent years, so its time to get it drilled into our young ones about respect for match officials and other teams and there mentors. this will also have to include parents watching there own behaviour at matches as well. good luck to all saints and creggan in ulster

Enough

To all of that going on and on not all of these "Bans" aren't in place. They are recommendations!
Keep an eye on the news the truth will be out soon!

antrimgeal1989

hurler i hope for your sake the playing ban is lifted and you as a club get rid of the wasters. i know a lot of your senior players on and off the field and hope you field next year.

as for your clubmate, you are still playing this old record that yous are innocent. take the bans as a good thing. out with the old....