NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I can't see how that's anything other than a sensible move. If Offaly had a meaningless game on Sunday, but were gearing up for a Provincial U21 semi final, I'd do one of two thing. Either play  the entire 21s team if you want them to have a game, or rest all the senior panelists from the 21s.

imtommygunn

I would also agree even though it puts slightly more pressue on wexford /antrim.

Whoever deserves to go up will go up anyway.

Really wishing we'd have beaten or drawn with offaly now :-[

BallyhaiseMan

Agree with AZ
As much as us Cavan lads would love to see Ros have a strong team out on Sunday,
if i were them i wouldnt play any the under 21's.

imtommygunn

I think / hope we'll beat Wexford.

I don't like the fact there's a chance it won't happen though!

ross4life

already got the Opinion from SLIGONIAN but how do the wexford & antrim people think they will fare in division 2 next year?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 11:58:06 PM
already got the Opinion from SLIGONIAN but how do the wexford & antrim people think they will fare in division 2 next year?
Not an Antrim or Wexford poster,but my two cents

Division 2 next year
Derry
Monaghan most likely
Kildare
Laois
Meath
Donegal/Arrmagh

Id say Antrim would cope fairly well,with those bunch of teams.You could make a reasonable enough case for Antrim being better than some of them.
Sligo would struggle in Division two in my opinion,
Wexford's aspirations would depend on which wexford shows up.
The Wexford team who beat Sligo comfortably(would be fine)
The Wexford team who were well beaten and only stayed close due to frees,against Cavan,wouldnt win a game or get a single point in Division 2

drici

Matty is unlikely to face Antrim

ALL THINGS going right, Matty Forde will have two weeks of intercounty training under his belt by the time Sunday's big National League showdown against Antrim gets underway.

But he is still unlikely to play a part in the big match.

This is largely because Wexford football's greatest ever scoring talent is still only nursing his way back from a number of serious injuries, most particularly a back problem.

In addition, his match sharpness is way off the mark, and Wexford manager Jason Ryan is certainly cautious about sending the Kilanerin-Ballyfad man back into the fray too early.

"We could throw Matty on against Antrim and maybe there would be no problem in terms of the injuries," the boss suggests, before he ponders: "The other side of that is that Matty has not played inter-county football for quite some time, so if we play him now we could actually end up only putting him back in terms of making a complete recovery.

"That would be unfair to Matty and his club because they could end up losing him for the championship which would make no sense whatsoever. He has been too good a servant to Wexford for us to misuse him now.

He simply has to be treated in the right manner and make sure he is fit and able to play at the high standard which he always sets himself.

"It could be disastrous if we put him in when he is not fully right."

ross4life

Sligo 0-20 Roscommon 0-13 looks like i was spot on with the margin of defeat

Congrats to the Sligo Boys on promotion & of course Antrim

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tubberman

Well done Sligo (and Antrim). Back to back promotions is a great achievement.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

boro

Just back from a sun drenched Wexford Park. Good win for the lads but didn't matter in the end. Thought Antrim looked sharp, good movement in the forwards (unlike Wexford) and quick all round the pitch. Ye should do well come championship. Wexford were sluggish enough, still short a few lads, but these should be back for the start of the championship. We could definitely do with the likes of Matty and Banville back in the forwards. Congrats to Sligo and Antrim, but still a tiny bit annoyed at the wait it all played out. (beating both, but then points difference counting, Sligo playin a relegated Roscommon, etc). But sure that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Roll on the championship :)

BallyhaiseMan

Rossie and Antrim hoors couldnt keep their part of the bargain  >:(  >:(  :D

Congratulations to Sligo and Antrim(back to back promotions is a great achievement)

SLIGONIAN

Congrats to Sligo and Antrim.

Sligo won well today without getting out of 3rd gear. Mannion was back for Roscommon but is still rusty. Delighted to get promoted. We were without McGee and Marren who are injured, and still scored 0-20 pts with missing some sitters. We worked hard throughout, brehony was outstanding, as was kelly, harrison and cawley, Our midfeild we excellent aswell. The whole team played well really but against poor opposition, some of the ball into the roscommon forwards was atrocious. On this viewing London and Leitrim are going to run ye close. Sligo have improved alot since wexford and fair play to them for that. Id like to thank Kevin Walsh and the selectors and the players for turning it around. Well done.

Where will the div 3 final be but with limerick/waterford div4 final, cant be a double header now surely.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

BallyhaiseMan

You Antrim and Sligo lads can f**k off,you're not one of us anymore  ;)  :D
Division 3 line-up next year

Tipp
Westmeath
Wexford
Cavan
Louth
Offaly
Waterford
Limerick

Shite

Tipp
Wexford
Waterford
Limerick

All 4 long feckin journeys,
i would love to get majority of them games at home.

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 11, 2010, 07:38:33 PM
some of the ball into the roscommon forwards was atrocious. On this viewing London and Leitrim are going to run ye close

You do know we were missing 6/7 players that will start the championship & i wouldn't get to carried away beating our lot anyways

London will run us close, leitrim should fancy there chances to beat us (i have gone on record saying we will lose)
Sligo beat us 7pts today but you must remember leitrim beat us by 6pts a couple of years ago in the league

As bad as we are i Expect promotion for us Rossies next year & Sligo will find it hard in Division 2 but should stay up & avoid the trip to Roscommon in 2012  ;)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2010, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 11, 2010, 07:38:33 PM
some of the ball into the roscommon forwards was atrocious. On this viewing London and Leitrim are going to run ye close

You do know we were missing 6/7 players that will start the championship & i wouldn't get to carried away beating our lot anyways

London will run us close, leitrim should fancy there chances to beat us (i have gone on record saying we will lose)
Sligo beat us 7pts today but you must remember leitrim beat us by 6pts a couple of years ago in the league

As bad as we are i Expect promotion for us Rossies next year & Sligo will find it hard in Division 2 but should stay up & avoid the trip to Roscommon in 2012  ;)

It definitly is a unfamiliar looking Rossie side, the u21s winning AI should create a bit of momentum for ye ;) Dont worry we wont get carried away, we conceded 0-13 today and that is a slight worry considering the opposition. Jees its unreal lobsided Connacht this yr.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"