Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It would perhaps be a little inaccurate to label Tyrone a team of Forrest Gumps, but they sure can run.
Judging by the level of paranoia, excuses, denials and boasts coming out of the Tyrone hoards here, I detect a real fear behind the keyboard mugs, they protest  too much,
it's desperate stuff altogether.
The latest straw grasped today (by Slob, or is it Fosb?) is that the Tyrone subs apparently score more than their Monaghan counterparts (as if that was some f'ck'n achievement and a big secret) and that's supposedly going to be the the crucial difference. I heard that very same utterance yesterday about the impact of the Tyrone subs on Wolly's podcast.  So what who scores the points,  it's the tally that counts. We don't need our subs to be running around like Usain Bolt trying to retrieve a 4 points deficit against a deadbeat team on their last legs, most probably we will just need some fresh legs and to keep pristine cool and confident over the last 15 minutes in order to maintain our 5 or 6 point lead.

ONeill

I am torn. I sorta want Monaghan to taste an All Ireland final in recent times. They are a big honest side. Like a team of Francie Bellews. Clumsy and simple but honest. Their fans are the same. The last time we played them in a QF they went mad about Hit the Diff and I knew they were bate. It was very loveable. For that reason I'm fairly calm about Sunday. It'd be like losing to your mad cousin for a laugh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Conor McManus  wins player of the month award, namely the PwC GAA/GPA Player of the Month award for performances in July.

"McManus has led Monaghan to an All-Ireland Football Championship semi-final following exceptional performances against Kildare, Laois and Kerry"

Not quite  accurate as he had only led them in July  to the crunch game v Galway, but hey I won't quibble over a minor discrepancy.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2018, 10:36:24 PM
It would perhaps be a little inaccurate to label Tyrone a team of Forrest Gumps, but they sure can run.
Judging by the level of paranoia, excuses, denials and boasts coming out of the Tyrone hoards here, I detect a real fear behind the keyboard mugs, they protest  too much,
The latest straw grasped today (by Slob, or is it Fosb?) is that the Tyrone subs apparently score more than their Monaghan counterparts (as if that was some f'ck'n achievement and a big secret) and that's supposedly going to be the the crucial difference. I heard that very same utterance yesterday about the impact of the Tyrone subs on Wolly's podcast.  So what who scores the points,  it's the tally that counts. We don't need our subs to be running around like Usain Bolt trying to retrieve a 4 points deficit against a deadbeat team on their last legs, most probably we will just need some fresh legs and to keep pristine cool and confident over the last 15 minutes in order to maintain our 5 or 6 point lead.

I'm sorry to disappoint you Main Street but no Tyrone team or Tyrone fan would ever fear Monaghan. Dublin, Kerry and Mayo to a certain extent yes, but definitely not Monaghan!

ONeill

Conceded a goal just before half time v Monaghan and Donegal.

BennyCake

Quote from: gaafan2 on August 08, 2018, 11:16:42 PM

I'm sorry to disappoint you Main Street but no Tyrone team or Tyrone fan would ever fear Monaghan. Dublin, Kerry and Mayo to a certain extent yes, but definitely not Monaghan!

Is that you Rafa Benitez?

omaghjoe

I'll be worried about the lack of Tyrone bunting on the way down it was such a nice wee touch, but I think this past few semis it was bringing us bad luck any way

Fear ón Srath Bán

Ah, don't burst his delusions -- it's all he'll have come Sunday evening, when he'll once again be gazing his navel to such a depth that he'll be right out the other end of his arse, once again.  And probably speaking just as much sense, from that end! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

WT4E

Monaghan haven't got the stones for Croker - I'm lumping on Tyrone at -2 or -3 haven't decided yet.

T McCann to ruffle D Hughes hair and not to get sent off!!!!!

I think the level progression is much better in Tyrone side than in the Monaghan lads. I think Tyrone are playing at a much improved level compared to the first round whereas Monaghan have been good but simply retained that level throughout.

ONeill

See McEntee putting pressure on the ref to not give us frees in today's Irish News. 2005 still hurting.

yellowcard

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
See McEntee putting pressure on the ref to not give us frees in today's Irish News. 2005 still hurting.

Putting pressure on the ref? Come off it. If you think that referee's at this level read newspaper articles and heed their words of warning, least of all a Wicklow referee reading an Ulster newspaper then you need to catch yourself on. He is simply calling it as he see's it and which is actually a common opinion, nothing to do with 2005.

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2018, 10:15:27 AM

Putting pressure on the ref? Come off it. If you think that referee's at this level read newspaper articles and heed their words of warning, least of all a Wicklow referee reading an Ulster newspaper then you need to catch yourself on. He is simply calling it as he see's it and which is actually a common opinion, nothing to do with 2005.

"Don't give Tyrone frees" is a common opinion?

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2018, 10:56:37 AM

Don't give Tyrone frees when they've obviously dived is a more common opinion.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 09, 2018, 11:15:50 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2018, 10:56:37 AM

Don't give Tyrone frees when they've obviously dived is a more common opinion.

Is this for just Tyrone or all teams? Blinkered lennyism again.
That was never a square ball!!