China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: grounded on February 13, 2022, 11:54:43 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2022, 12:53:40 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 13, 2022, 12:50:45 AM
Thanks for the responses.
Is this sort of thing happening in your areas  or are your doctors generally seeing patients as before the pandemic?
Where are you based? Our surgery has been great - do phone consultations initially but inevitably they say come on over for a proper checkup. Certainly doesn't seem to be the case everywhere. Local dentist needs to sort themselves out - quite prepared to do paid private work but not do a checkup on the kids!

Local GP surgery here has been closed since April 2020. No sign of it reopening.
      Doctors have been relocated to an existing clinic in a nearby larger town. Very difficult to get to see a GP at all. Sad state of affairs. Massive push towards private health care.
      As for dentists. Be prepared for a shift from NHS to purely private care. Its already started in many practices. Health plans and private insurance or private fees. Your free 6 monthly nhs checkups for the kids might turn into a very expensive visit!

sure what is more important than health?

cars, houses, holidays, clothes??

everyone can afford it

gladly pay for private healthcare to get seen immediately,

waiting weeks, months, or years for an appointment is not only crazy, it's completely stupid  ::)

JPGJOHNNYG

Is this sort of thing happening in your areas  or are your doctors generally seeing patients as before the pandemic?
Where are you based? Our surgery has been great - do phone consultations initially but inevitably they say come on over for a proper checkup. Certainly doesn't seem to be the case everywhere. Local dentist needs to sort themselves out - quite prepared to do paid private work but not do a checkup on the kids!

Local GP surgery here has been closed since April 2020. No sign of it reopening.
      Doctors have been relocated to an existing clinic in a nearby larger town. Very difficult to get to see a GP at all. Sad state of affairs. Massive push towards private health care.
      As for dentists. Be prepared for a shift from NHS to purely private care. Its already started in many practices. Health plans and private insurance or private fees. Your free 6 monthly nhs checkups for the kids might turn into a very expensive visit!

Surely not, are we not constantly being told by the unionists that the NHS is The Big reason against Unity. Yet in reality the NHS is falling apart

grounded

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 13, 2022, 02:47:37 PM

everyone can afford it

waiting weeks, months, or years for an appointment is not only crazy, it's completely stupid  ::)

' everyone can afford it '

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: grounded on February 13, 2022, 04:32:03 PM

everyone can afford it

yes and clearly so if people are being honest with themselves

a lad on the car thread looking to buy a car for 25k ffs  ;D ;D ;D

would he pay that money for a new hip, knee surgery or cancer treatment??

if not then people have their priorities all wrong imho  ;)

Armagh18

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 13, 2022, 12:13:15 AM
My doctors surgery is telling my mother that the doctor can't perform a pain relieving injection on her knee because of Covid. She received a similar injection about 9 months ago and she got great relief. Now when she wants it again she is getting the covid excuse. I am tempted to confront the doctor directly about this as I am aware that during the week he does private work at another surgery.
Have I got a case or is he correct in refusing her the injection 'due to covid '?
She was not told to try later or anything like that,  just simply he was not prepared to treat her. She is 90 years of age.
He wants some kick up the hole. That is a disgrace.

grounded

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 13, 2022, 04:55:02 PM
Quote from: grounded on February 13, 2022, 04:32:03 PM

everyone can afford it

yes and clearly so if people are being honest with themselves

a lad on the car thread looking to buy a car for 25k ffs  ;D ;D ;D

would he pay that money for a new hip, knee surgery or cancer treatment??

if not then people have their priorities all wrong imho  ;)

I'm not sure where you live, but where i live/work, there is an open air food bank right across the street from me. They are flat out.
      I'd hazard a guess some of those folk are struggling to put food on the table never mind pay for private health care.

bennydorano

Let them eat cake, eh Mikhail

Last Man

The current model is beyond repair though and it feels like our taxes are being emptied into a bottomless pit. I would like to see GPs be less guideline driven and allowed more latitude to take their practices in a functional medicine direction. When every day is groundhog day what incentive is there for the doctors?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on February 14, 2022, 09:27:19 AM
The current model is beyond repair though and it feels like our taxes are being emptied into a bottomless pit. I would like to see GPs be less guideline driven and allowed more latitude to take their practices in a functional medicine direction. When every day is groundhog day what incentive is there for the doctors?

In what way would you like more latitude? The medical profession will always be a very tightly regulated and structured profession. For obvious reasons. For their own protection it needs to be. I don't think you can have Doctors going off piste with treatments as that could get really messy. Unless it's general health treatments/ information in addition to the prescribed standard response. But I know some doctors who would do this anyway.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Man Marker

Isn't great the vaccine mandates done away with, utter stupidity. Only a matter of time before they are gone with air travel. See Norway has lifted all its restrictions including to do with international travel.

Tony Baloney

If you mean quackery and "holistic" medicine then no thanks. If you mean sorting out the root cause of the complaint rather than the complaint itself, then yes I'd agree with you. You'd imagine a large percentage of people seeing a GP have ailments related to lifestyle choices. Does a GP ever tell anyone to lose weight?

Last Man

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2022, 12:09:28 PM
If you mean quackery and "holistic" medicine then no thanks. If you mean sorting out the root cause of the complaint rather than the complaint itself, then yes I'd agree with you. You'd imagine a large percentage of people seeing a GP have ailments related to lifestyle choices. Does a GP ever tell anyone to lose weight?

From Google.
Functional medicine doctors use specialized training and techniques to find the root causes of complex illnesses. They may investigate multiple factors causing a condition, or they may look into multiple conditions causing one symptom.

theskull1

How the CDC Abandoned Science | My Article in Tablet Magazine
Vinay Prasad, MD MPH; Physician & Associate Professor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C6524soTnA&t=632s

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/science/articles/how-the-cdc-abandoned-science

QuoteUltimately, science is not a political sport. It is a method to ascertain truth in a chaotic, uncertain universe. Science itself is transcendent, and will outlast our current challenges no matter what we choose to believe. But the more it becomes subordinate to politics—the more it becomes a slogan rather than a method of discovery and understanding—the more impoverished we all become. The next decade will be critical as we face an increasingly existential question: Is science autonomous and sacred, or a branch of politics? I hope we choose wisely, but I fear the die is already cast.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gmac

How are Irelands numbers since mask mandates and vax pass were removed ?

armaghniac

Numbers in the ROI go up and down a bit but are basically stuck at a very high level. Given that not everyone us counted there are 100,000+ each week.
There is no reason whatsoever for further reduction in the few restrictions that are left until numbers go down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B