Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile BrigĂ­n 2 on December 27, 2021, 07:29:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 07:02:59 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 27, 2021, 06:52:29 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 27, 2021, 06:29:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 06:08:10 PM
Your crowd i'd do anything to get young kids to line up for Vaccinations.

Even over hype a variant from Africa!

I know, imagine giving kids vaccines? Like trusting the experts, utter madness. In all seriousness, if social media, online grifters etc were around when the MMR was first being administered, folk as gullible as yourself would have brought the percentage way down causing untold additional deaths. Daft beyond belief

Yes image giving perfectly healthy - not at risk kids vaccines. Vaccines that are still at trial stage. Now that is reckless!

Fcuk me, it bad enough giving the a mix mash cocktail of different vaccines from different producers to mature people. God only knows who you go to, to blame if things go wrong?

Still at trial stage? What sort of bollox are you talking. Do you know anything about what it takes to get a medicine approved?

As far as i know for Pfizer the estimated date is the end of January 2023  and  Moderna is the end of October 2022 . Both were rushed through because of the emergency and hence governments had to sign off on liability.

Estimated dates for what? Be clear please.

Sorry, there is no trial period. My mistake. How could there be a trial period. There was no time?

My apologies.

PadraicHenryPearse

care to explain how vaccines or drugs are approved generally and timeframes and what impacts timeframes?

From the Bunker

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 27, 2021, 08:55:02 PM
care to explain how vaccines or drugs are approved generally and timeframes and what impacts timeframes?

I'd say they take usually longer than a year? Wouldn't you?

From the Bunker

Read on World Stats that there has been 8.7 Billion Vaccines administered. That's a lot of production in 12 months.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 08:58:55 PM

I'd probably research it before making big assumptions... so I was looking for something more substantial than your response. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it wrong or questionable...

I have researched it and you should too... maybe look at number of people who came forward for trials/testing compared to other drugs to start with and how quickly they came forward as a starting point!!

armaghniac

They do, not least because there isn't a hurry and neither companies nor regulators need to move quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on December 27, 2021, 09:06:12 PM

They do, not least because there isn't a hurry and neither companies nor regulators need to move quickly.

What your saying basically in this case corners had to be cut. It was/is an emergency.

PadraicHenryPearse

no it's called prioritisation... very common in all industries...

thebigfella

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:09:08 PM

What your saying basically in this case corners had to be cut. It was/is an emergency.

No it doesn't.... the process of approving vaccines was expedited over everything else because we are in a global pandemic. They still went through the same due diligence.

From the Bunker

Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 09:22:44 PM

No it doesn't.... the process of approving vaccines was expedited over everything else because we are in a global pandemic. They still went through the same due diligence.

But in a shorter timeframe.

thebigfella

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:25:09 PM

No but again how many times does this have to be explained

armaghniac

No, I am not. Companies have multiple drugs on the go, regulators have multiple approvals to attend to.
Other posters have used the words expedited and prioritisation, people pushed through the Covid drugs and made the drugs for less common and less threatening diseases wait, and rightly so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 09:28:02 PM

Anyway back to the 8.7 Billion Vaccines that have been administered. That's a lot of production in 12 months. How do they do it with a new drug and keep all the other drugs on the go? It's a lot of production in a short period of time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:41:47 PM

Anyway back to the 8.7 Billion Vaccines that have been administered. That's a lot of production in 12 months. How do they do it with a new drug and keep all the other drugs on the go? It's a lot of production in a short period of time.

I've a friend who's a production manager in a local pharmaceutical company, they are working  shifts around the clock, that's how they do it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2021, 09:47:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:41:47 PM

I've a friend who's a production manager in a local pharmaceutical company, they are working  shifts around the clock, that's how they do it

My humble Mathematics works out that if one Pharmaceutical firm made One Billion Vaccinations and it took them one second to make each vaccine shot - it would take them 33 years to make a Billion Vaccines shots.

I'm sure with all the processes that each Vaccine shot gets more than one second allocated to it in the production process.