China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 24, 2021, 08:55:01 PM
The word on the street is Jim Corr has been eating in restaurants that require the vaccine passport. If he got the vaccine that is hilarious  ;
Seen that. The owner of the restaurant was quizzed about and said they make no exemption and that they recall seeing a vaccine passport from the boul Jim.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2021, 09:52:16 PM
The word on the street is Jim Corr has been eating in restaurants that require the vaccine passport. If he got the vaccine that is hilarious  ;
Seen that. The owner of the restaurant was quizzed about and said they make no exemption and that they recall seeing a vaccine passport from the boul Jim.

Did they check the id against the name on the Covid cert (as they should do)?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

a negative lateral flow or proof of infection within last 6 months is the same as vaccine passport, no?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 25, 2021, 12:05:56 AM
a negative lateral flow or proof of infection within last 6 months is the same as vaccine passport, no?

That's fine if you believe in all that, would Jim be on board with that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on December 25, 2021, 12:04:10 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2021, 09:52:16 PM

Did they check the id against the name on the Covid cert (as they should do)?
The report said it had his name and they didn't need to check his ID as they recognised him as Jim Corr. See Ziggy's twitter account for the full thread.

Wildweasel74

What way that work with proof of infection, friend could not get in a hotel today for dinner as they no vacination card/pass but the email notifying her Covid positive test. Said place was empty, which it be normally be busy.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 25, 2021, 12:29:23 AM
What way that work with proof of infection, friend could not get in a hotel today for dinner as they no vacination card/pass but the email notifying her Covid positive test. Said place was empty, which it be normally be busy.
Dunno how it is supposed to work but seems a bit silly that she wouldn't be considered a safe bet. We got vouchers for a local restaurant from an in-law and apparently they had to be bought from the owners house as the restaurant was closed due to lack of trade  :(. Hopefully they re-open or the vouchers are scrap!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2021, 06:54:07 PM

So what changed and did Tony have different info than all the other countries of Europe. He seldom gets a genuinely tough interview from our media so we'll probably only know in a few years.

That's a good question - and not one I have the answer to.

I'd be far more critical of any decision to use lateral flows than to ignore them.
i usse an speelchekor

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 25, 2021, 12:49:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2021, 06:54:07 PM

So what changed and did Tony have different info than all the other countries of Europe. He seldom gets a genuinely tough interview from our media so we'll probably only know in a few years.

That's a good question - and not one I have the answer to.

I'd be far more critical of any decision to use lateral flows than to ignore them.

I haven't looked up the what was said at the time but my opinion was that there was alot of people still keeping their contacts to a minimum (NPHET objective) and any encouragement of antigen tests would increase the level of contacts as getting a negative result would be seen as the all clear.

but subsequently contacts were up anyway and people were not minimising contacts, now the objective of NPHET is still the same so the idea is to get antigen tests as at least it should reduce the number of contacts for people with positive results. that's why I mentioned the behavioural science aspect in an early post.

this while NPHET always had concerns over the general publics ability to use antigen test correctly also..

mayoman dan

Lads just a word of caution if anyone is going using a negative antigen test as a green light to meet a load of people over the Christmas period.I had symptoms of COVID from last Monday night.Took an antigen test before work on Tuesday I was all clear.Took another Wednesday morning all clear.Took another Wednesday evening at 6 o clock as I felt my symptoms were getting worse.Again this was a negative result.Half 12 Wednesday night I done another test and it was positive.This result has since been confirmed by a PCR test.In the space of 6 hours my antigen test changed from negative to positive.Spending Christmas in isolation is no fun but bringing COVID home to someone vulnerable would have been a lot worse.If you have any symptoms get a PCR test and stay the f**k away from people...
                             Happy Christmas to all

Itchy

Quote from: mayoman dan on December 25, 2021, 02:59:24 PM
Lads just a word of caution if anyone is going using a negative antigen test as a green light to meet a load of people over the Christmas period.I had symptoms of COVID from last Monday night.Took an antigen test before work on Tuesday I was all clear.Took another Wednesday morning all clear.Took another Wednesday evening at 6 o clock as I felt my symptoms were getting worse.Again this was a negative result.Half 12 Wednesday night I done another test and it was positive.This result has since been confirmed by a PCR test.In the space of 6 hours my antigen test changed from negative to positive.Spending Christmas in isolation is no fun but bringing COVID home to someone vulnerable would have been a lot worse.If you have any symptoms get a PCR test and stay the f**k away from people...
                             Happy Christmas to all

If you have symptoms don't go visiting anyone, don't go to work either. That would be my rule of thumb

mayoman dan

I had received my booster dose on Monday.
When I felt bad on Tuesday I thought it was a reaction to the booster as many people I work with had experienced similar.
The negative antigen test then gave me an extra false sense of security

Milltown Row2

I think the first thing to do is if you have symptoms get a PCR. I hate doing the tests, we do them (lateral flow) every week but never would rely on it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update.

426 in hospital (ten fewer than last Sunday)
91 in ICU (16 fewer than a week ago)

Highest weekly case number (59147) here since the pandemic began the previous high was in January 45770 and the week ahead will likely bring another big increase in cases.

While much more transmissible fingers crossed this is a milder variant and the high vaccine uptake doesn't bring us back to last January hospital figures or worse.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 26, 2021, 04:19:08 PM
ROI weekly update.

426 in hospital (ten fewer than last Sunday)
91 in ICU (16 fewer than a week ago)

Highest weekly case number (59147) here since the pandemic began the previous high was in January 45770 and the week ahead will likely bring another big increase in cases.

While much more transmissible fingers crossed this is a milder variant and the high vaccine uptake doesn't bring us back to last January hospital figures or worse.

Make you think no need for booster or too early to say?