China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Mario

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 20, 2021, 10:38:56 PM
It was guts of 12 quid yesterday for a pint and a glass of wine in Bittles of all places. :o
Bittles has got really popular. Apparently because of this lad who said it has the best Guinness in Belfast:

https://www.irelandbeforeyoudie.com/belfast-pub-has-record-sales-after-guinness-guru-raves-about-their-pints/

RedHand88

Some places in Belfast have serious notions and delusions of grandeur these days.

general_lee

I would say its almost heartening to see some establishments belonging to a certain chain struggling for foot fall the last week - one that couldn't wait to let staff go before furlough was announced... but that would disregard those same staff that will be first to get the boot when things go tits up again.
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 21, 2021, 09:46:36 AM
Some places in Belfast have serious notions and delusions of grandeur these days.
People complain about the cost of a pint in Belfast but then every weekend go and queue outside the same shite bars charging an arm and a leg so no sympathy from me.

clarshack

was last out in Belfast city centre in August. prices for 2 drinks were just over £10.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 21, 2021, 11:41:47 AM
I would say its almost heartening to see some establishments belonging to a certain chain struggling for foot fall the last week - one that couldn't wait to let staff go before furlough was announced... but that would disregard those same staff that will be first to get the boot when things go tits up again.
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 21, 2021, 09:46:36 AM
People complain about the cost of a pint in Belfast but then every weekend go and queue outside the same shite bars charging an arm and a leg so no sympathy from me.

There was a owner on the other day complaining, I was in his place not that long ago, had to prepay a deposit (£10 per person, £50) which is fine, but he was saying he had over 100 people cancelling their bookings, he'll have had their deposits, and the footfall in this place was non stop over lunch with people being sent away as they were fully booked.

They would have no problem filling those seats
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 21, 2021, 01:18:02 PM
Scientists are suing the @US_FDA demanding full access to Pfizer's trial data, since the vaccine was fully approved in Aug '21 (US). As the trial is underway, the FDA has already released a batch of documents, but what do they tell us? The experts weigh in

https://maryannedemasi.com/publications/f/experts-weigh-in-after-suing-fda-for-access-to-pfizer-trial-data

Boy you've some time on your hands to go through all this stuff, fair play.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

how are you arriving at those conclusions/questions?

highorlow

Does anyone know the official death tally from this whole thing?

What's the excess deaths globally?

What does it take to become an official 'pandemic'?

How many people in the world today died FROM hunger?

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

lenny

Quote from: highorlow on December 21, 2021, 07:54:56 PM
Does anyone know the official death tally from this whole thing?

What's the excess deaths globally?

What does it take to become an official 'pandemic'?

How many people in the world today died FROM hunger?

It's already a pandemic, stop asking stupid questions. Look up the meaning of the word pandemic.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PadraicHenryPearse

MSM irish times are reporting the US regulator set to authorise two new drugs from Pzifer and Merck to help prevent hospitalisation....

lenny

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 21, 2021, 08:32:05 PM
MSM irish times are reporting the US regulator set to authorise two new drugs from Pzifer and Merck to help prevent hospitalisation....

The pfizer drug has the potential to end the pandemic. It has been tested on extremely vulnerable people, the ones who were typically getting extremely sick or dying. It worked in almost 90% in terms of keeping them out of hospital with a 5 day course of tablets. The UK has only ordered a small number of them though and they won't be available until the end of march. The Merck drug is 50% effective in its trial results so it will help to keep hospital numbers down also.

thebigfella

Yeah but how can they approve a drug so quickly? I dont trust big pharma, the FDA or EMA.

ONeill

What's the official acceptable approval waiting time?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.